Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Weakest Link UK  (Read 1382 times)

TravisP

Weakest Link UK
« on: October 30, 2007, 06:29:05 PM »
For people who follow the show here. We have the occasional celebrity special being aired in primetime now again but I think this upcoming recording is a sign they might be losing the plot...

Puppets anyone?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 06:30:23 PM by TravisP »

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
Weakest Link UK
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:36:45 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'168292\' date=\'Oct 30 2007, 04:29 PM\'] For people who follow the show here. We have the occasional celebrity special being aired in primetime now again but I think this upcoming recording is a sign they might be losing the plot...

Puppets anyone? [/quote]

Probably a recording for a Christmas special
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

weaklink75

Weakest Link UK
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 09:57:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'168292\' date=\'Oct 30 2007, 06:29 PM\']
For people who follow the show here. We have the occasional celebrity special being aired in primetime now again but I think this upcoming recording is a sign they might be losing the plot...

Puppets anyone?
[/quote]

It's not the first time....a puppet actually WON one of the celeb specials....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Brush

uncamark

Weakest Link UK
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2007, 12:58:53 PM »
[quote name=\'weaklink75\' post=\'168302\' date=\'Oct 30 2007, 08:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'168292\' date=\'Oct 30 2007, 06:29 PM\']

Puppets anyone?
[/quote]

It's not the first time....a puppet actually WON one of the celeb specials....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basil_Brush
[/quote]

And Basil Brush supposedly made a return appearance on the show but got eliminated.  (Another puppet has also appeared on the show but was eliminated.)

Which makes me wonder how they would handle the Walk of Shame--just cut to the testimonial a lot sooner?

TravisP

Weakest Link UK
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2007, 01:38:10 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'168339\' date=\'Oct 31 2007, 11:58 AM\'](Another puppet has also appeared on the show but was eliminated.)
Which makes me wonder how they would handle the Walk of Shame--just cut to the testimonial a lot sooner?
[/quote]

The other puppet was actually Doctor Who's mechincal dog K9. He appeared on a Doctor Who special earlier this year. With Basil Brush's elimination, the editing showed he was stepping down from the podium but cut away to the interview.

Matt Ottinger

Weakest Link UK
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2007, 01:43:37 PM »
Kermit the Frog was supposed to have participated on one of the first American Millionaire celebrity specials, but apparently nobody was happy with the logistics.  He was seen hanging out in the audience instead.  He'll make his latest game show appearance next week on Deal or No Deal.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.