Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud DVDs - List Released  (Read 4122 times)

itiparanoid13

Family Feud DVDs - List Released
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2007, 01:56:57 PM »
I always see a lot of people who loves Combs and I just don't see it.  His version just seemed a lot more tame and less funny to me, and I at least watch Feud for the comedy; not necessarily the game.  As long as it flows and isn't horribly broken, I'm watching to laugh.  Dawson is always number one for me with that, with O'Hurley being 2nd.  Combs is generally 3rd in my mind, but he has to by default because you can't be that much worse than Anderson and definitely not worse than Karn.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 01:58:03 PM by itiparanoid13 »

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2007, 02:13:17 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'168037\' date=\'Oct 27 2007, 01:56 PM\']
 you can't be that much worse than Anderson and definitely not worse than Karn.
[/quote]

Vernon Kay says 'Ello.
@lambertman

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2007, 03:11:51 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'168037\' date=\'Oct 27 2007, 12:56 PM\']
I always see a lot of people who loves Combs and I just don't see it.  His version just seemed a lot more tame and less funny to me, and I at least watch Feud for the comedy; not necessarily the game.  As long as it flows and isn't horribly broken, I'm watching to laugh.  Dawson is always number one for me with that, with O'Hurley being 2nd.  Combs is generally 3rd in my mind, but he has to by default because you can't be that much worse than Anderson and definitely not worse than Karn.
[/quote]

Combs' humor seemed to be more organic and free-flowing than Dawson's.

There's just something about Richard that makes me grit my teeth.

He's funny and everything, but IMO, his ego sort of overshadowed his wit.
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Mike Tennant

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2007, 09:35:44 PM »
Knowing what we now know about Dawson does, I think, tend to color our views of his performance just as knowing (or at least thinking we know) certain things about Bob Barker colors our views of his performance.  I think the assessment of both among the general public is probably higher than it is around here simply because we obsess over these things whereas most people outside of our little cadre probably have a vague idea that these two aren't exactly the nicest guys in the world but don't know or care about the specifics.  (Even I, Barkerphile uber alles, have downgraded my opinion of the man as a result of the revelations and rumors of the past decade or so.)

With the knowledge of Dawson's egotism, I'd probably put Dawson and Combs on a relatively equal footing, although I'd give Dawson the edge for having originated the format and made it the tremendous success it was in both daytime and nighttime versions on his watch.  Without that knowledge I'd definitely give Dawson the edge for his more understated sense of humor and genuine concern for the contestants.

As to the other hosts, I haven't seen enough of them to be able to offer an opinion.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2007, 09:54:06 PM »
For me, the knowledge that Ray Combs is the only game show host to die by his own hand takes the fun out of watching his run.  In retrospect, he wasn't as happy as he appeared on the show.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

davemackey

« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2007, 05:47:14 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'165859\' date=\'Oct 7 2007, 07:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' post=\'165858\' date=\'Oct 7 2007, 07:55 PM\']
It seems to me there was a Leave It to Beaver week on The Match Game-Hollywood Squares Hour, too.  Does anyone else remember this?
[/quote]
Yep -- IIRC, eight members of the Leave It to Beaver cast plus Gallagher.
[/quote]
That's because Gallagher fits in so well in any situation you put him into. Wasn't he at the Last Supper as well?

BrandonFG

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2007, 03:17:46 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'168088\' date=\'Oct 28 2007, 05:47 AM\']
Wasn't he at the Last Supper as well?
[/quote]
Yes...he served the watermelon.

/Lord, I apologize.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!