Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fremantle's Price is Right site  (Read 12974 times)

LA the DJ

Fremantle's Price is Right site
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2007, 04:27:02 PM »
For the record, the Sale/Temptation comment was entirely tongue in cheek.
Help control the moron population, if you know a moron, kick him in a strategic location.

BrandonFG

« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2007, 04:33:01 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'167772\' date=\'Oct 24 2007, 04:10 PM\']
That would be akin to using this:

http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2034/turdpolishwl9.gif
[/quote]
I lol'd.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dfmock

« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2007, 04:40:30 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'167658\' date=\'Oct 23 2007, 11:06 AM\']
http://www.priceisright.com

Pretty impressive, I have to say.  There's also six pages of classic Bob clips to watch.
[/quote]
Cool. And they interestingly list the 1956 start date of the original. I still think the new background pattern is louder than the outfit of a 1970s golf pro...but the Lilly Pulitzer effect could grow on me.

DrJWJustice

« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2007, 06:33:10 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'167741\' date=\'Oct 24 2007, 06:20 AM\']
It's always nice to get an opinion from the guy who hates the entire free world.  Too bad that opinion never really changes.

Hey, Jeremy: are you an egghead or an asshole?  Six years and ten months later, we're still waiting.
[/quote]
Just wanted to add my $0.02 on the neo-Nietzschean posting from Herr Soria.  I guess he's still sour that JS TPiR is no longer read.  Notice that it wasn't shut down by Freemantle, either.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 06:35:31 PM by DrJWJustice »

ClockGameJohn

« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2007, 11:47:42 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'167773\' date=\'Oct 24 2007, 04:13 PM\']
Wouldn't Roger have in his office a complete, up-to-date version of the official show bible as begun by F. Wayne and J. Wolpert 35 years ago?  (And wouldn't there be copies elsewhere in the production offices, particularly on Syd and Kathy's desks [Syd took Barker's copy]--and if Sue and Stan are now producers, wouldn't they have copies?)

And even if none of this was ever put on a computer and no one wanted to type it into a computer file, couldn't Fremantle get it scanned and cleaned up so it would be on a CD-ROM to send out to the licensees?
[/quote]

It is all computerized, and multiple people have copies.

HYHYBT

« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2007, 04:28:24 AM »
It could be worse: they could have taken the pricing game descriptions from CBS's site instead :)
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

cmjb13

« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2007, 11:56:37 AM »
I can't confirm this, but this  guy claims he put together some of the material on the site.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

uncamark

« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2007, 12:19:56 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'167858\' date=\'Oct 25 2007, 10:56 AM\']
I can't confirm this, but this  guy claims he put together some of the material on the site.
[/quote]

The video things, not the game pages.

And if the bible is on a computer file(s), as confirmed above, why didn't the people responsible use that as the basis for the game pages and not a fan site?  Laziness?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »
EDIT: Points retracted after Our Benevolent Mods showed me the right of way. (Didn't know there were others who used the egghead/asshole comment.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 12:09:46 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dzinkin

« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'167863\' date=\'Oct 25 2007, 12:28 PM\']
So wait...what Brad is doing is wrong, yet keeping a MySpace page portraying oneself as Patrick Wayne isn't?

(Reason why I figure...the operator of the Patrick Wayne Myspace left an "eggheads and assholes" comment on the Bill Rafferty Myspace awhile back. Now, who else would say that?)
[/quote]
Er, either Jeremy or anyone who might have wanted to mock him.  The latter group encompasses the vast majority of game show fans not named Jeremy Soria.

(Will retract if anyone can prove me wrong about the Patrick Wayne Myspace)
Actuallly, since you made the accusation, it's up to you to demonstrate that it was Jeremy, not for others to prove that it wasn't.

Jeremy's made — well, far too many ignorant comments to count, but let's stick to blaming him for what we actually know he said and did, shall we?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 12:51:19 PM by dzinkin »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2007, 12:58:25 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'167863\' date=\'Oct 25 2007, 12:28 PM\']
(Reason why I figure...the operator of the Patrick Wayne Myspace left an "eggheads and assholes" comment on the Bill Rafferty Myspace awhile back. Now, who else would say that?)[/quote]
To be fair to Jeremy (certainly fairer than he's ever been to us), the "eggheads and assholes" comment became a pretty common catchphrase on Usenet after he used it, virtually a badge of honor.  Anyone who'd spent any time at all around the old newsgroup would have been familiar with it, and would have known that we'd be familiar with it as well.  

As I recall, "Patrick Wayne" was only one of dozens of fictional MySpace accounts that the same person created using game show personalities.  He'd then have each of them talk to each other, like a little girl playing with dolls.  Never did quite understand what the point of that was, but there are more likely suspects than Jeremy with the free time and the personality quirks to find that sort of thing interesting.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2007, 01:05:46 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'167870\' date=\'Oct 25 2007, 09:50 AM\']
Jeremy's made — well, far too many ignorant comments to count, but let's stick to blaming him for what we actually know he said and did, shall we?[/quote]
'Zackly. It's not like there is any shortage of material at this point. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2007, 01:53:51 PM »
Wouldn't Roger have in his office a complete, up-to-date version of the official show bible as begun by F. Wayne and J. Wolpert 35 years ago?
The bible entries for the pricing games used in Las Vegas used to be on line, and I could kick myself for not saving them. They were far too longwinded for the TPIR web site game descriptions, but just right for overseas distribution.

If Brad Francini wants to retain access to and remain persona grata in The Bob Barker studio 33, he's not going to haul Fremantle to court. Fremantle likely felt that outside of a small number of game show fans, no one would make the connection. Eventually they will want to redo all of those screen grabs with Drew and the new set anyway. But lifting the copy is still tacky. It's not that hard to write a description of Any Number.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:04:54 PM by chris319 »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2007, 02:10:25 PM »
Yet another familiar face! Check out Stan's bio on the site (Stan's isn't the familiar face I'm referring to).

I still object to that Music Director title. He's a music supervisor. Ray Bloch, Doc Severinsen, Paul Shaffer -- they all are/were Musical Directors. It doesn't apply to someone who doesn't compose, arrange, conduct or perform IMHO. If ya can't play yer own theme on a pianer, ya ain't a musical director. Edd Kalehoff already has that title on the show.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:11:58 PM by chris319 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2007, 02:33:57 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'167884\' date=\'Oct 25 2007, 02:10 PM\']
Yet another familiar face! Check out Stan's bio on the site (Stan's isn't the familiar face I'm referring to).
[/quote]
I didn't recognize by face, but by name.

I still haven't completely figured out this whole MySpace ripoff they are going for here.

EDIT:  Who wants to bet they now slap a C&D order on Brad's site?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 02:53:12 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"