Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Lingo 3rd season  (Read 8342 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Lingo 3rd season
« on: September 24, 2003, 05:35:33 PM »
\"Prior to the last airing of the special on Oct. 7, GSN will expand its programming schedule to include a very special LINGO episode featuring other Gubernatorial candidates as contestants (David 'Uncle' Sams, Ron Palmieri {self-proclaimed first gay candidate}, Scott Mednick & Kelly Kimball {Butt Monkey Beer boys}) at 6:30 PM PT/9:30 PM ET. Hosted by Chuck Woolery, LINGO is GSN's highest-rated original show ever and this special episode is a sneak peek into the show's upcoming season which features a brand new re-designed set and the addition of a lovely new 'Lingo Linguist' Stacey Hayes. The new season will premiere December 1 and will air Monday through Saturday at 9:00-9:30 PM, ET/PT.\"

I had it called about 4 MONTHS ago they'd add a model. Personally, I'm surprised they haven't replaced Chuck with Kennedy.

Here's the full PR: http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/030924/law078_1.html
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 05:45:17 PM by PeterMarshallFan »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2003, 07:24:58 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 02:35 PM\'] I had it called about 4 MONTHS ago they'd add a model. Personally, I'm surprised they haven't replaced Chuck with Kennedy. [/quote]
Jesus, George, calm down.

\"Lingo Linguist\" sure sounds more like a judge than a model to me. And THAT, on-set, is something they can definitely use. Maybe they'll have her shooting the word through the CDROM version of a dictionary or something for validity. If it means a consistent judging system with a standardized source, I'm all for it.

As for the Gubernatorial show, so what? One show. A little hype for Kennedy's game. IT'S NO BIG DEAL.

New set? Cool! Bring it!

At least Lingo's still on the air.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2003, 07:25:27 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PeterMarshallFan

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2003, 07:31:51 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 07:24 PM\'] "Lingo Linguist" sure sounds more like a judge than a model to me. And THAT, on-set, is something they can definitely use. Maybe they'll have her shooting the word through the CDROM version of a dictionary or something for validity. If it means a consistent judging system with a standardized source, I'm all for it.
 [/quote]
 I really doubt that, considering that this was posted at GSN:

http://www.babewarehouse.com/models/stacey...y_hayes-010.jpg

But the idea of an onstage judge is a million dollar idea.

As for the Gubernatorial show, so what? One show. A little hype for Kennedy's game. IT'S NO BIG DEAL.

I guess. It's better than the video game block, at least.

New set? Cool! Bring it!

I liked last season's set. But as long as it doesn't end up looking like an underground parking garage this season, who knows.

At least Lingo's still on the air.

True.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2003, 07:51:15 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 04:31 PM\'] I really doubt that, considering that this was posted at GSN:
http://www.babewarehouse.com/models/stacey...y_hayes-010.jpg
But the idea of an onstage judge is a million dollar idea.
 [/quote]
 Well, let's hold the tomatoes (and wouldn't I like to be holding HER...um, well, I digress) until we know. If she's typing words into a laptop, she can be eye candy. We're not asking her to make life-changing decisions...if the word comes up, it's legal, if it 404's, it's not. Real simple.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

J.R.

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2003, 07:52:20 PM »
Also keep in mind the 1987-88 version had a model too. I know Mike Reagan's was Dusty Marcell. Who did little more than root for the players and read off what ever ball was chosen. She also served as the announcer.

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

Jimmy Owen

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2003, 09:19:57 PM »
Dusty Martell was on camera due to Canadian content rules, ala Mary Lou Basaraba and Rod Charlebois.  I'll refrain from making any cunning remarks about the new linguist, but wasn't Icey available?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

combsisthebest

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2003, 09:50:04 PM »
I'm looking forward to the new season a model, a new set, did I say a model?

I'm not worried about the gubernatorial candidates as contestents, it's only a one time deal.

DrBear

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2003, 10:02:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 24 2003, 08:19 PM\'] I'll refrain from making any cunning remarks about the new linguist [/quote]
 I was wondering if somebody was going to make that joke.

Well, as long as having a hotty (H-O-T-T-Y) doesn't affect game play, OK.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

uncamark

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2003, 06:00:15 PM »
Meanwhile, I'm still puzzled as to why in the view of some on this board Barker's Beauties, Vanna White and Carol Merrill are good and Icey is evil incarnate.

When necessary, elbow-grabbers have been on game shows from the beginning.  On \"Cram,\" I think most viewers--even female viewers--would rather see an attractive woman assisting Graham than a fat, bearded stagehand with a torn T shirt and butt-crack.

I don't think \"Lingo\" needs eye candy, but what the hey.  If the model slows things down and there's a fourth series, she'll be gone.

zachhoran

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2003, 07:32:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 05:00 PM\'] On "Cram," I think most viewers--even female viewers--would rather see an attractive woman assisting Graham than a fat, bearded stagehand with a torn T shirt and butt-crack.
 [/quote]
 Isn't that latter guy sort of a description of Gorgeous George Davidson from Wintuition(not that he's unattractive or anything)

PeterMarshallFan

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2003, 07:50:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 06:00 PM\'] Meanwhile, I'm still puzzled as to why in the view of some on this board Barker's Beauties, Vanna White and Carol Merrill are good and Icey is evil incarnate.

[/quote]
 Barker's Beauties and Merrill aren't made the focus and selling point of their shows. Vanna is getting up there, but she's put in a good 20+ years of work with WOF, so she earned it.

Icey's done none of that. She's overpromoted and hasn't done anything to earn it. Heck, she barely even does anything on Cram except hand Graham props, which is something that could be done easily without her. Watch this Lingo model be typing in words on a computer looking like she's getting ready to pose for a centerfold and tell me why the show suddenly needs her to be successful. 2 seasons as the highest rated show on the channel should be an indication that what's already being done works.

Don Howard

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2003, 08:25:20 PM »
I'm still puzzled as to why in the view of some on this board Barker's Beauties, Vanna White and Carol Merrill are good and Icey is evil incarnate.

I don't think that about Icey in the least. I always enjoy seeing her gorgeous presence on the screen. And I will continue to enjoy her up until and including such time as GSN decides that she should start using frontal nudity as a tease.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2003, 08:40:49 PM by Don Howard »

Dan Sadro

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2003, 09:42:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 07:25 PM\'] And I will continue to enjoy her up until and including such time as GSN decides that she should start using frontal nudity as a tease. [/quote]
 And some of us will continue to enjoy her after that point.

ObOriginalTopic: It won't make a difference if there's another person on the set.  With any luck, they'll get her to play into the show with Chuck, to a greater extent than Icey.

uncamark

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2003, 04:25:46 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 06:50 PM\'][quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 25 2003, 06:00 PM\'] Meanwhile, I'm still puzzled as to why in the view of some on this board Barker's Beauties, Vanna White and Carol Merrill are good and Icey is evil incarnate.

[/quote]
Barker's Beauties and Merrill aren't made the focus and selling point of their shows. Vanna is getting up there, but she's put in a good 20+ years of work with WOF, so she earned it.

Icey's done none of that. She's overpromoted and hasn't done anything to earn it. Heck, she barely even does anything on Cram except hand Graham props, which is something that could be done easily without her.

[/quote]
Then I guess you would have Miss Pickwick serve the contestants their refreshing beverages and Jimmy Dean biscuit sandwiches when they get off the hamster wheels for the final round--and give the winners their cups of coffee after the end game.  She's meant to be used for one thing--the reading of the facts to the winners in the commercial break before the end game--and needn't appear at any other point in the show.

Also, Icey does bang cymbals/beat bass drum/bang on electric guitar/turn on chainsaw/mime bugle playing \"Reville\" as part of the ceremony to wake the contestants for said end game (despite all attempts of the producers, they gotta still have some adrenaline in them, though, so I have the feeling they didn't fall too much into dreamland), so she does serve a purpose other than eye candy.  I assume that the Dr. Damnearkilledher character could do the same thing and laugh manically while doing it.

Ehh--those promos don't really bother me that much, anyway--and \"Cram\"'s a silly show (but still enjoyable to me) that will never be confused with \"Jeopardy!\" in the first place.

Jimmy Owen

Lingo 3rd season
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2003, 08:51:51 PM »
Mark, I think you read more into what I said.  I like Icey.  I would like to also see her on \"Lingo.\"
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.