Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Halloween Day on GSN  (Read 4349 times)

xavier45

Halloween Day on GSN
« on: October 15, 2007, 03:42:42 PM »
But they will have some episodes of the regular schedule all dressed up for Halloween. GSN released a Press Release saying they will have a Halloween Day schedule. The shows will be Super Password from 1986 and 1988, Family Feud with Combs and Karn, Weakest Link, and Whammy.

Here is the Press Release.

http://gsn.com/corporate/press.php?release_id=309

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 08:00:57 PM »
How many times can they trot out the same Halloween episodes of the same shows over and over and over?

Remember when GSN was creative and "brought back" 8 unaired pilots "from the dead"?
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'166873\' date=\'Oct 15 2007, 05:00 PM\']
How many times can they trot out the same Halloween episodes of the same shows over and over and over?

Remember when GSN was creative and "brought back" 8 unaired pilots "from the dead"?
[/quote]
Yeah, isn't this the marathon where they pull the Dawson Feud '94 out of the mothballs?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 08:49:12 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'166876\' date=\'Oct 15 2007, 08:26 PM\']
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'166873\' date=\'Oct 15 2007, 05:00 PM\']

[/quote]
Yeah, isn't this the marathon where they pull the Dawson Feud '94 out of the mothballs?
[/quote]

I think the episodes are just Combs and Karn this time...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2007, 12:20:31 AM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'166873\' date=\'Oct 15 2007, 07:00 PM\']
[/quote]
To be fair, unless I'm missing something the 10/31/88 SP hasn't been shown by GSN since its original NBC broadcast.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvmitch

Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2007, 10:27:30 AM »
In a side note - you'd have to wonder if GSN is using their own numbering system for those Karn eps, because Louie's episodes would count for the first few seasons, wouldn't they?
You should follow me on Twitter

Ian Wallis

Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2007, 07:57:04 PM »
In a side note - you'd have to wonder if GSN is using their own numbering system for those Karn eps, because Louie's episodes would count for the first few seasons, wouldn't they?

I also wonder exactly what masters they've got.  The episodes of Karn Feud I've seen on GSN have credits over a black screen (from what you can see of them on the squeeze).  The episodes I saw first run had credits over the mill-around; so there seems to be some sort of alteration there.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Chelsea Thrasher

Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2007, 08:05:04 PM »
Are you sure the first two digits in the number don't represent the season/year that ep is from.

02 = 2002-03; Karn's 1st season
03 = 2003-04; karn's 2nd season
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 08:05:46 PM by Seth Thrasher »

BrandonFG

Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2007, 08:11:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'167037\' date=\'Oct 16 2007, 07:57 PM\']
I also wonder exactly what masters they've got.  The episodes of Karn Feud I've seen on GSN have credits over a black screen (from what you can see of them on the squeeze).  The episodes I saw first run had credits over the mill-around; so there seems to be some sort of alteration there.
[/quote]
They do that with a few of their shows...21 comes to mind.

I really hate GSN sometimes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 05:56:29 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'167039\' date=\'Oct 16 2007, 07:11 PM\']
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'167037\' date=\'Oct 16 2007, 07:57 PM\']
[/quote]
They do that with a few of their shows...21 comes to mind.

I really hate GSN sometimes.
[/quote]

"Twenty-One" was an instance where the bulk of the credits in their original airing were NBC generic split screen.  The contractual full-screen credits ran over the mill-around--but then the ones that were not seen (in the U.S.) had the black background.  Same with "TWL" and I would assume with "Dog."

If GSN let the sound stay up, I would bet even odds that they may not have even bothered with any music playing over the credits.  (When CNBC "repurposed" the first episodes of the U.S. "Office," the lack of music over the credits was stunning.)

At least on "Greed" you got the LA skyline backdrop from the titles behind the non-contractual full-screen credits.

BrandonFG

Halloween Day on GSN
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 06:16:49 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'167259\' date=\'Oct 18 2007, 05:56 PM\']
"Twenty-One" was an instance where the bulk of the credits in their original airing were NBC generic split screen.  The contractual full-screen credits ran over the mill-around--but then the ones that were not seen (in the U.S.) had the black background.  Same with "TWL" and I would assume with "Dog."
[/quote]
Interesting...I notice they do the same for "Lingo", but I think that was retroactive, as the earlier eps. showed credits over the mill-around.

But when GSN first showed "Link" (and only squeezed about :20-30 of the credits before reverting back to full-screen), they showed that blue "link" pattern that they used for the title screen.

I know the Endemol shows do the black screen as well, but I'm guessing the actual credits for Singing Bee allow the contestant to finish singing the song?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 06:17:56 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!