Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: your celebrity dream list for password  (Read 11612 times)

toetyper

your celebrity dream list for password
« on: October 11, 2007, 10:03:57 AM »
but be realistic

betty white
william petersen
gary sinise
jon stewart
stephen colbert

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 01:19:00 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'166288\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 07:03 AM\']
but be realistic
[/quote]
Yeah, you're new here! :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 01:52:55 PM »
CBS should consider using some of their primetime stars to do this, and I'd go for having each episode use cast members from its shows. For example, week one would be Two and a Half Men. Week two is one of the 17 CSI shows, week three Criminal Minds and so on. Maybe even get Drew to cross-promote his two shows (one of which is Fremantle of course).

Maybe even throw in one of their veteran (but canceled) shows, i.e. Everybody Loves Raymond or King of Queens. Doris Roberts, Brad Garrett, and Jerry Stiller all have game show experience.

The only problem is that two of Raymond's co-stars now star on FOX sitcoms.

And of course Betty White.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 01:53:28 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

DrBear

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 01:57:28 PM »
I guess my dream team of Marcel Marceau and Ray Charles won't happen.

If it were ABC, I would bet someone else's money that the entire lineup of celebs would have been from Disney connections, from ESPN to movies. They'd have someone in a Baloo the Bear suit if they could.

This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

tpirfan28

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 02:07:01 PM »
Jon Stewart v. Stephen Colbert would be classic.

There's gotta be plenty of celebrities that were around for many versions of Password that I'd want to play.  Vicki Lawerence v. Dick Martin would be nice too..donno if it would happen though.

When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 03:15:01 PM »
You know who they should TOTALLY get on the show? Betty White.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 03:23:47 PM »
[quote name=\'toetyper\' post=\'166288\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 10:03 AM\']
but be realistic

william petersen[/quote]
I'm not sure how we put "realistic" alongside a noted recluse like Petersen. Sinise maybe.

A problem I see is that some big celebrities might have done it if it was all in fun, but might not because of the million dollar pressure.  Arlene Francis once said that on a panel show, if the celeb screwed up the contestant MADE money, but on something like Pyramid, if the celeb screws up he costs the contestant ten thousand dollars.  Imagine that attitude with one hundred times the stakes.

Having said that, I think you're absolutely looking at the level of celebrity that participates in Dancing With The Stars.  There's no way they'll go the Bob Stewart route and get unheralded supporting actors just because they're good game players.  They're also not going to be able to get current A-listers who have nothing to gain and credibility to lose.  So somewhere in the middle.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 03:36:59 PM »
Y'know, I haven't seen Betty White's name mentioned.  Don't you think she'd be great?

/But not as great as Pat O'Brien.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

wheelloon

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 03:38:35 PM »
Betty should be on there for the obvious reasons.

Drew Carey would play the game well, I'd believe, and it'd be great cross-promotion, as others have said.

If it's not "below" him, I'd like to see Barker back in the celebrity chair *Barker vs. Carey would be awkward but interesting to see*.

David Caruso might bring some of the younger CSI:Miami crowd with him, and I think he also has the intellect to play the game (that is of course, based only on interviews and shows I've seen with him, you wouldn't know for sure until you saw him in action)

Jeff Probst, Phil Keoghan, and Letterman would be other obvious, cross-promotional choices that might bring in younger crowds and can also play well, but I can't say confirm the latter for sure, again.

Otherwise, I gotta give a root for Pat Sajak to get back in the Password chair. He did well in the 80's on SP, and he's mentioned before on his websites and on Wheel that's it's one of his favorite classic TV shows. He's also a good friend of Regis's, and as most of us know, fills in for him on "Live." If Pat was asked, I'm sure he would give it a go, and probably do very well. Trebek also would have the ability to play the game well, but I'm not sure how willing he'd be to do it...
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

BrandonFG

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 03:41:38 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'166348\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 03:38 PM\']
Letterman would be other obvious, cross-promotional choices that might bring in younger crowds and can also play well, but I can't say confirm the latter for sure, again.
[/quote]
This is a good option. He has experience with word games (and of course P+), is already in New York, and has shown he's a game show fan.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

opimus

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 03:51:04 PM »
Dickie Beals and Arnold Stang.

clemon79

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 03:51:08 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'166348\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 12:38 PM\']
If it's not "below" him, I'd like to see Barker back in the celebrity chair[/quote]
1) it's below him.

2) he's senile.

3) Fremantle wants NO-THING to do with him, considering his new (and old) legal troubles.

I was waiting for a Barker fanb0i to suggest this, though. Congratulations on being the first.

opimus

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
Ben Stein seriously.

tvwxman

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 04:04:46 PM »
There's a whole bunch of broadway stars that should be on there. Brian Stokes Mitchell comes to mind, as does Roger Bart. Agreed about Stewart/Colbert.

And of course Vanna White.

/D'OH!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

wheelloon

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'166352\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 03:51 PM\']
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'166348\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 12:38 PM\']
If it's not "below" him, I'd like to see Barker back in the celebrity chair[/quote]
I was waiting for a Barker fanb0i to suggest this, though. Congratulations on being the first.
[/quote]

That could never be more wrong. Not a Barker fanboiz in the least, and I think I've made that obvious other places on here. Off-the-cuff accusations will get you nowhere, as you should be well aware...

Sajak fanboiz? That might be a different story, but no, I have not been fond of Barker for quite some time now. Nevertheless, I still think it would be interesting to see him PLAY a game again, instead of trying to own it, if he could do it.

As for who'd win in a Carey vs. Barker match up anyway?  No doubt, I'd still be rooting for and going all-in on Carey, even if I wanted Barker to play in the first place.
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak