The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

TPIR 6/18/03

(1/2) > >>

Shredder:
Did I miss something?  Why did they ooh and ahh at a vacume cleaner, unless they had door to door salesman in the audience who know the merchandise :).

Also, someone mentioned how Bob talks over Rods announcments, especially the come on down portion.  Notice how he dosn't do this with Randy?  And I don't think he did it with Boland either.  Wonder if their might be some tension with Bob and Rod?

Steve Gavazzi:

--- Quote ---Also, someone mentioned how Bob talks over Rods announcments, especially the come on down portion. Notice how he dosn't do this with Randy? And I don't think he did it with Boland either. Wonder if their might be some tension with Bob and Rod?
--- End quote ---

He most certainly did do it to Boland, and he did it to Burton, too.  I will admit that I haven't heard him talking over Randy, though...but then, that could be because he's amazed at how much like Johnny he sounds.

uncamark:

--- Quote ---Did I miss something? Why did they ooh and ahh at a vacume cleaner, unless they had door to door salesman in the audience who know the merchandise :).
Mother McKenzie was rather loud during that item. She should shut up sometimes.
--- End quote ---

Was it a one-bid or small prize game item?  Especially if it was a small prize game item (and because it's happened before), I suspect it's some smartass college kids in the audience trying to be funny.  Not even NBC MacKenzie operators doing \"Wheel of Fortune\" prize lists with Lin Bolen standing over their shoulder would add \"oohs\" for a vacuum.

zachhoran:
It was a $260 Hoover Wind TUnnel Vacuum that was the first small prize in Punch-a-Bunch today. It was probably someone in the audience getting all excited, judging from how little sweetening is done on TPIR.

Skynet74:
There was no sweetning involved. Once in a while the Audience gets a liitle goofy and you end up with what happened here. Click for the sound clip.
http://www.broadcastsounds.com/vacuum.rm

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version