Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR 6/18/03  (Read 4841 times)

Shredder

TPIR 6/18/03
« on: June 18, 2003, 11:22:23 AM »
Did I miss something?  Why did they ooh and ahh at a vacume cleaner, unless they had door to door salesman in the audience who know the merchandise :).

Also, someone mentioned how Bob talks over Rods announcments, especially the come on down portion.  Notice how he dosn't do this with Randy?  And I don't think he did it with Boland either.  Wonder if their might be some tension with Bob and Rod?

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR 6/18/03
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 04:07:55 PM »
Also, someone mentioned how Bob talks over Rods announcments, especially the come on down portion. Notice how he dosn't do this with Randy? And I don't think he did it with Boland either. Wonder if their might be some tension with Bob and Rod?

He most certainly did do it to Boland, and he did it to Burton, too.  I will admit that I haven't heard him talking over Randy, though...but then, that could be because he's amazed at how much like Johnny he sounds.

uncamark

TPIR 6/18/03
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 04:35:30 PM »
Did I miss something? Why did they ooh and ahh at a vacume cleaner, unless they had door to door salesman in the audience who know the merchandise :).
Mother McKenzie was rather loud during that item. She should shut up sometimes.

Was it a one-bid or small prize game item?  Especially if it was a small prize game item (and because it's happened before), I suspect it's some smartass college kids in the audience trying to be funny.  Not even NBC MacKenzie operators doing \"Wheel of Fortune\" prize lists with Lin Bolen standing over their shoulder would add \"oohs\" for a vacuum.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 12:27:10 PM by uncamark »

zachhoran

TPIR 6/18/03
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 07:49:44 PM »
It was a $260 Hoover Wind TUnnel Vacuum that was the first small prize in Punch-a-Bunch today. It was probably someone in the audience getting all excited, judging from how little sweetening is done on TPIR.

Skynet74

TPIR 6/18/03
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2003, 10:46:29 PM »
There was no sweetning involved. Once in a while the Audience gets a liitle goofy and you end up with what happened here. Click for the sound clip.
http://www.broadcastsounds.com/vacuum.rm

John
« Last Edit: June 19, 2003, 10:46:48 PM by Skynet74 »

Robert Hutchinson

TPIR 6/18/03
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2003, 02:26:09 AM »
They were doing it with grocery items on one of the recent Randy-announced shows. Bob: \"We have a weird audience today.\"
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin