Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My suggestions to improve Temptation  (Read 3383 times)

whewfan

My suggestions to improve Temptation
« on: October 10, 2007, 09:46:22 PM »
I know we've discussed some of the flaws of the show, here's what I think could improve the show...

How about letting the contestants speak for themselves? Why does Rossi have to speak for the players at the start of the show? Perhaps an extra moment or so to get to know the players?

As discussed before, the final speed round should be a full minute

Rossi should reveal the answers to questions missed AFTER the time is up, not during the speed round. This might leave more time for an extra 2 or three questions. Also, it is totally unnecessary for Rossi to state the correct answer during the 2 answer speed round.

Perhaps Rossi's explanation of the rules at the start could be shortened too. That might allow for more gameplay/contestant interaction.

The overly feminine prizes and enforcing the stereotype of how women love to shop needs to stop too.

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:00:17 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'166209\' date=\'Oct 10 2007, 08:46 PM\']
Rossi should reveal the answers to questions missed AFTER the time is up, not during the speed round. This might leave more time for an extra 2 or three questions. Also, it is totally unnecessary for Rossi to state the correct answer during the 2 answer speed round.
[/quote]

Wouldn't it be great if they had that old post-game recap background music that the 80s $ale had?

/never happen
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Ian Wallis

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
A station I can get on cable just picked this up and have been double-running it (for how long...who knows).  I've seen about 10 episodes so far and have noticed it's been three women contestants each time.  I know this was briefly discussed before, but how many men have actually been on that show?  One?

Just curious...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 06:30:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'166381\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 06:12 PM\']
A station I can get on cable just picked this up and have been double-running it (for how long...who knows).  I've seen about 10 episodes so far and have noticed it's been three women contestants each time.  I know this was briefly discussed before, but how many men have actually been on that show?  One?

Just curious...
[/quote]At minimum two.  Mark (who obliterated the game) and another guy from week 1.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 06:41:59 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'166390\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 06:30 PM\']
At minimum two.  Mark (who obliterated the game) and another guy from week 1.
[/quote]
Was Mark the tall, Simon Cowell-lookalike, who won the Prius?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 06:42:28 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 06:51:54 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'166399\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 06:41 PM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'166390\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 06:30 PM\']
At minimum two.  Mark (who obliterated the game) and another guy from week 1.
[/quote]
Was Mark the tall, Simon Cowell-lookalike, who won the Prius?
[/quote]
Yes.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Scrabbleship

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 06:57:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'166381\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 06:12 PM\']
A station I can get on cable just picked this up and have been double-running it (for how long...who knows).  
[/quote]

The one upside to the CRTC's dragging its feet in approving TBS for cable carriage, saddling them with Peachtree TV in the interim, is that most of Canada can see Temptation (bad as it is). Atlanta was late to the party due to the switchover, Atlanta began three weeks late into the run.

/that and the ads for Publix and Krystal.
//and is WNLO's signal into Toronto that poor?

bandit_bobby

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 07:57:26 PM »
My proposed changes:

1. Dump the Knock Off round in favor of maybe more questions or the classic Fame Game
2. In the final speed round, each question is worth $5 during the first thirty seconds, and $10 for the second thirty seconds.
3. After the car, reaching $1,250 wins all the prizes on stage plus a cash jackpot that starts at $50,000 and goes up $1,000 for each show it isn't won.

I would keep Super Knock Off for Part 1 of the endgame, though.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 08:24:42 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'166414\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 04:57 PM\']
2. In the final speed round, each question is worth $5 during the first thirty seconds, and $10 for the second thirty seconds.
[/quote]
Mmmm. That won't confuse the folks at home. Nope.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'166209\' date=\'Oct 10 2007, 06:46 PM\']Rossi should reveal the answers to questions missed AFTER the time is up, not during the speed round. This might leave more time for an extra 2 or three questions. [/quote]They do it the same way on the Australian show, and I don't mind it there. I like that it provides closure for each question, and a pattern for everyone to rely on.

[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'166414\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 04:57 PM\']<squack squack squack>[/quote]You have conclusively proven that you have not one clue about how to produce a well-put-together game, and you have no concept of a budget.

I propose that any person who comes up with an outlandish way of increasing the prize budget for a game show  should have to put up the difference in escrow. At the end of the production year, if their change would not have resulted in a change in the prize budget, they get that money back. If not, they lose it. Maybe to pay for bandwidth. Or steak dinners for the Moderators.

/Or more BB&B stock. The world's your oyster.
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 06:29:08 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'166414\' date=\'Oct 11 2007, 07:57 PM\']
3. After the car, reaching $1,250 wins all the prizes on stage plus a cash jackpot that starts at $50,000 and goes up $1,000 for each show it isn't won.
[/quote]
$50000 with that show's budget? You could start it at $1000 and up it by a grand per show and it might still break 'em.

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2007, 06:49:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'166538\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 06:29 PM\']
$50000 with that show's budget? You could start it at $1000 and up it by a grand per show and it might still break 'em.
[/quote]
Forget who you were talking to? All he cares about is seeing loads of money being given away, even if it's just for flipping a coin.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

tpirfan28

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 06:57:41 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'166539\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 06:49 PM\']
Forget who you were talking to? All he cares about is seeing loads of money being given away, even if it's just for flipping a coin.
[/quote]
So *that's* who was behind the $10,000,000 Super Classic Celebrity Coin Flip Plus Challenge.  It all makes sense now.

On topic question...Does anyone know this:  If a contestant amasses enough T$s to win the final prize, and still has another day, can they come back to win more cash (therefore more prizes)?

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 12:30:16 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'166541\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 05:57 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'166539\' date=\'Oct 12 2007, 06:49 PM\']
[/quote]
So *that's* who was behind the $10,000,000 Super Classic Celebrity Coin Flip Plus Challenge.  It all makes sense now.

On topic question...Does anyone know this:  If a contestant amasses enough T$s to win the final prize, and still has another day, can they come back to win more cash (therefore more prizes)?
[/quote]

I wouldn't want to bet any T$ (or cents for that matter)...I don't think any champion can pull off the car in 4 days. And even if he/she did, we probably won't see that episode until the end of the run (if it ever gets that far).

BrandonFG

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 12:41:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'166579\' date=\'Oct 13 2007, 12:30 AM\']
I wouldn't want to bet any T$ (or cents for that matter)...I don't think any champion can pull off the car in 4 days. And even if he/she did, we probably won't see that episode until the end of the run (if it ever gets that far).
[/quote]
It's possible, it just takes good gameplaying on all four days. For example, sweeping the Super Knock-Off board four days straight gets you $1,000.