Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WNBC Replacing Second Run of MGC  (Read 1973 times)

bellbm

WNBC Replacing Second Run of MGC
« on: October 09, 2007, 11:02:36 PM »
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/C...ndustryid=47169

According to this article, WNBC will be replacing the second run of Merv Griffin's Crosswords with a second play of Access Hollywood.
Not a good sign for this new game show.

tvmitch

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:08:24 AM »
Not even a first run of Access Hollywood - it's the previous day's show, I would assume. We have a station in our market that airs the previous day's Insider at 12:30, which is slightly more palatable.

But a second run of AH only a few hours out of prime access in the #1 market? Yuck.
You should follow me on Twitter

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2007, 10:14:22 AM »
It's not even an O&O-wide change (yet...) nor is it happening at KNBC.  Just WNBC in an overall shuffle of that station's schedule in that time period.  Not a good sign overall, but not doom and gloom.

uncamark

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2007, 12:14:58 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'166125\' date=\'Oct 10 2007, 09:08 AM\']
Not even a first run of Access Hollywood - it's the previous day's show, I would assume. We have a station in our market that airs the previous day's Insider at 12:30, which is slightly more palatable.

But a second run of AH only a few hours out of prime access in the #1 market? Yuck.
[/quote]

It seems to me that if "ET" feeds around 3 p.m. ET, so would "Access," so it may be the same show that airs at 7:30 p.m.

In Chicago, for the first couple of years WCIU was running "Insider," the two runs were at 5 p.m. and 7 p.m.  Granted, WCIU's the small-string indie in the market, but it could still be possible in a Top 5 market.  (The runs are now at 5 and 11 p.m.)

/Pat O'Brien
//what a guy

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 10:53:08 PM »
Looks like this might not be an isolated change after all - Starting this week the San Francisco NBC O&O is *also* replacing the secondary Crosswords with Access Hollywood.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 11:14:30 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'166137\' date=\'Oct 10 2007, 12:14 PM\']
It seems to me that if "ET" feeds around 3 p.m. ET, so would "Access," so it may be the same show that airs at 7:30 p.m.
[/quote]
"Access" feeds at 4pm ET, with refeeds for "breaking news" (or, more often, technical difficulties) at 5pm.  And turning around a 4pm feed for a 4:30 broadcast is no problem--we bumped our airing of "Access" back from 7pm to 4:30pm a few weeks ago, and if a station in market #116 can do it...
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 02:53:58 PM »
[quote name=\'bscripps\' post=\'166678\' date=\'Oct 13 2007, 11:14 PM\']
"Access" feeds at 4pm ET, with refeeds for "breaking news" (or, more often, technical difficulties) at 5pm.  And turning around a 4pm feed for a 4:30 broadcast is no problem--we bumped our airing of "Access" back from 7pm to 4:30pm a few weeks ago, and if a station in market #116 can do it...
[/quote]

What do you do in the event those technical difficulties are major?
@lambertman

ChuckNet

« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 07:06:20 AM »
I had to chuckle when I saw who the male co-anchor of WNBC's new 5:30 newscast is...the former director of Pyramid got into journalism?? LOL

Chuck Donegan (The Amused "Chuckie Baby")