Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Ratings Tanking...  (Read 20553 times)

tyshaun1

GSN Ratings Tanking...
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'167541\' date=\'Oct 21 2007, 04:39 PM\']
Do you remember the interactive game show block on the Family Channel?  That sure looked to me to be a pilot of what FAM's proposed Game Show Channel would have looked like if they had launched.  I know Randy West was there, so maybe he could shed some light?
[/quote]

I'm not Randy (but yet, who is?), but I can indeed tell you that those early 90's shows were the testing grounds for Pat Robertson's GSC. But due to Sony going around and acquiring all the major properties (leasing Goodson-Todman, buying Barry-Enright and Barris), and USA still having the rights to PYL, Reg Grundy and Pyramid, the well dried up for FAM quickly and it never got off the ground. They did get classic LMAD and Crosswits '86, but would you launch an entire network around those two and Trivial Pursuit?

Tyshaun
/sit down, Iris
//slashies are kind of fun :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:03:41 PM by tyshaun1 »

Matt Ottinger

GSN Ratings Tanking...
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2007, 09:23:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'167479\' date=\'Oct 20 2007, 09:23 PM\']
After all, isn't that what GSN is in the business of? Reruns?[/quote]
Reruns are a fact of life on just about every non-sports, non-news channel (and even quite a few sports and news channels).  However, I don't think anybody at GSN would say they're "in the business of" airing reruns.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

snowpeck

GSN Ratings Tanking...
« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2007, 03:21:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'167541\' date=\'Oct 21 2007, 04:39 PM\']
IIRC, the only Goodson shows CBN had were also those that were distributed off-net by Firestone, so I'm thinking CBN dealt with Firestone rather than Goodson itself.
[/quote]

They also ran the 78-81 run of Card Sharks at one point.  Were those reruns distributed by Firestone?

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Eric Paddon

GSN Ratings Tanking...
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2007, 05:39:59 PM »
I don't remember CS reruns on CBN, but I do remember WABC in New York airing reruns of CS directly opposite SOTC on WNBC, which meant in NY Jim Perry was competing against himself!

narzo

GSN Ratings Tanking...
« Reply #79 on: October 30, 2007, 11:36:20 PM »
Card Sharks was definatly on CBN as was Goodson's "Blockbusters"  They also had "$50,000 pyramid", "Bullseye", "Treasure Hunt", "Lets make a deal", could those all have been Firestone?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2007, 11:38:54 PM by narzo »