Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WoF Double Wedge  (Read 4307 times)

tvmitch

WoF Double Wedge
« on: October 02, 2007, 09:43:29 AM »
AdAge reports on how Wheel of Fortune is adding a double wedge during what must be a sweeps stunt later this year. Very Wheel-2000-ish, right? Link contains a picture of the Wedge, which does look better than the Big Money wedge at least.

Link
You should follow me on Twitter

tpirfan28

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 10:11:47 AM »
Double = double-width space.

Ok...for those who might know more:  When does this happen in the game?  Wouldn't surprise me if it's round three, since that seems to be the "gotta get all this stuff on the Wheel" round.

/still won't watch
//unless they add the Creature space
///or the stunts
////of course I'm joking.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »
"Welcome back to AT&T's Wheel Of Fortune! It's time now for our Rice-a-Roni Jackpot round, and you'll see that we put a prize on the wheel, a trip to France brought to you by Ore-Ida. Now, we'll have a Wiffle-Ball Toss-Up Puzzle, and whoever solves that will get to take the Whirlpool First Spin. Let's take a look at the Home Depot Puzzle Board, where Vanna, who incidentally is brought to you by Cover Girl, will show us that we have a...why, what a surprise, the category is Brand Name!" <ding-ding-DING-ding!>

/Jumped.
//The.
///Shark.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:36:39 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Unrealtor

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 11:35:51 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'165319\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 09:11 AM\']

Ok...for those who might know more:  When does this happen in the game?  Wouldn't surprise me if it's round three, since that seems to be the "gotta get all this stuff on the Wheel" round.
[/quote]

Speculation here, but blue-green, sparkly, and worth $2500 makes me think it's going to be replacing the normal blue-green, sparkly $2500 wedge in round 1.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

cmjb13

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 11:41:49 AM »
They used this Saturday for celeb week.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 11:42:24 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

TimK2003

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 11:59:58 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'165321\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 11:33 AM\']
"Welcome back to AT&T's Wheel Of Fortune! It's time now for our Rice-a-Roni Jackpot round, and you'll see that we put a prize on the wheel, a trip to France brought to you by Ore-Ida. Now, we'll have a Wiffle-Ball Toss-Up Puzzle, and whoever solves that will get to take the Whirlpool First Spin. Let's take a look at the Home Depot Puzzle Board, where Vanna, who incidentally is brought to you by Cover Girl, will show us that we have a...why, what a surprise, the category is Brand Name!" <ding-ding-DING-ding!>
[/quote]

And watch out for the Enron Bankrupt Space, or you'll lose EVERYTHING!

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:21:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'165323\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 11:41 AM\']
[/quote]

Was it just for round 1?

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

cmjb13

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2007, 12:30:22 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'165329\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 12:21 PM\']
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' post=\'165323\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 11:41 AM\']
[/quote]

Was it just for round 1?

-Jason
[/quote]
To be honest, I don't remember.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

tpirfan28

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2007, 01:04:33 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'165328\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 11:59 AM\']
[/quote]

And watch out for the Enron Bankrupt Space, or you'll lose EVERYTHING!
[/quote]
Gold stars for both...two for Lemon, one for Tim.

EDIT:  The whole book of stars for Lemon.  I lol'd HARD when I saw Ore-Ida is sponsoring the trip to France.

E/: Please tell me someone else got that.  That was priceless.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 01:06:04 PM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 01:21:23 PM »
[/quote]
I never realized it, but Wheel has turned into SportsCenter with all the gratuitous sponsorship. I know it's no different than the companies sponsoring 50s game shows, but that was one sponsor.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 01:30:10 PM »
Yes, but that was more of an underwriting role than this.

As much as I don't mind making the larger dollar amounts more accessible, I'm hoping that all of this crap is just because it's the 25th Year, even though I doubt that will be the case.

/Agree with Lemon; Jumped the BumbleBee Tuna Shark
This signature is currently under construction.

wheelloon

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 01:37:17 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'165319\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 10:11 AM\']
[/quote]

If you examine the wheel layout, you'll notice it's near the 700, meaning it's in the "normal" spot for the TDV on the Wheel. It will be featured in round 1, unless they move the 3500 and/or 5000 to the other side of the wheel, which is doubtful.

\Duh, any GS fan would know that. That's so basic! :)
\And yes, of course I'm joking. Shout out to a certain infamous GS fan who thinks he knows it all... :D
\As for jumping the shark, anybody should know Wheel didn't "jump the shark" until they actually had it as puzzle a few years back, dduuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhh again. You all lose your turn... :)
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Ian Wallis

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »
I know it's no different than the companies sponsoring 50s game shows, but that was one sponsor.

Does it seem that we've come full circle?  From sponsor plugs all over the place, from the alleged "fixing" of shows like  Deal or No Deal, from reported producer manipulation of reality-shows like Survivor...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

rugrats1

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2007, 06:26:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'165358\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 05:36 PM\'] From sponsor plugs all over the place, from the alleged "fixing" of shows like  Deal or No Deal, from reported producer manipulation of reality-shows like Survivor...
[/quote]

Now all we need is a 21st Century equivalent of Herb Stempel and some stooge on one of these shows emulating Charles Van Doren.

If only Geritol was a sponsor of one of those series...

Mr. Armadillo

WoF Double Wedge
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2007, 06:32:10 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'165319\' date=\'Oct 2 2007, 09:11 AM\']

Ok...for those who might know more:  When does this happen in the game?  Wouldn't surprise me if it's round three, since that seems to be the "gotta get all this stuff on the Wheel" round.[/quote]
Does the Round Three wheel even HAVE two blank spaces they could put this thing anymore?

"You've won $4,250, the $10,000 space, the getaway on the Wheel, the Free Spin, AND the Wild Card...AND IT'S A PRIZE PUZZLE!"

Sadly, I did not make that one up...it actually happened last week.  (Although it was Round One, not Round Three.)