Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: About Shop 'Til You Drop...  (Read 2141 times)

gsfan85

About Shop 'Til You Drop...
« on: September 26, 2003, 10:42:17 PM »
Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone has seen paxtv.com lately, but it hasn't been posted around here so I figured I'd tell everyone that a picture of J.D. Roberto, the new host of Shop (from Flamingo Fortune and You Lie Like A Dog) is up on the site, along with a new design on the top banner.

The new season premieres October 6th.

I'll have my VCR taping!

Adam

bwood

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2003, 01:27:15 AM »
I've dug up a few pics of this new version:

http://www.paxpressroom.com/photos.cfm?sho...op&type=gallery

I haven't had a chance to view these pics in the larger size. Based on what I can see from the thumbnails:

That looks like aisles behind the contestants.Could this be \"Department Store Sweep\"? :)

Casey Buck

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2003, 02:06:26 AM »
[quote name=\'bwood\' date=\'Sep 26 2003, 10:27 PM\'] I've dug up a few pics of this new version:

http://www.paxpressroom.com/photos.cfm?sho...op&type=gallery

I haven't had a chance to view these pics in the larger size. Based on what I can see from the thumbnails:

That looks like aisles behind the contestants.Could this be \"Department Store Sweep\"? :) [/quote]
I'll put it this way: it looks absolutely nothing like the previous STYD sets; it's like a warehouse version of Supermarket Sweep. I will admit, however, it's about as elaborate as the Sweep set!

EDIT: On second thought, the set looks like a combination of Supermarket Sweep and...um...that place that doesn't sell Knudsen's cottage cheese anymore :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2003, 02:16:32 AM by Casey Buck »

whampyl03

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2003, 02:44:20 AM »
Well, I'd never thought I'd say this, but I miss the dept. store set.  Not to put down the new set though, It does look rather nice.  But my personal preference skews toward the old set.  But that’s probably just me.