Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Writers walk from Temptation  (Read 6540 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Writers walk from Temptation
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2007, 07:34:16 PM »
I'll make sure he sees your invitation.
Thanks, David. Aaron is welcome here any time, despite a third party's efforts to damage our relationship.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »
What happens when an AD crosses the line and periodically directs episodes of the show in the absence of the regular director? This goes back to when Al Mifelow did some IGAS shows in the late 60's filling in for Paul Alter. Back in February, Fred W. directed a Price (which I think was his first). Would he get a DGA salary for that particular show?
They got the DGA rate as A.D.s to begin with. I imagine they got a director upgrade.

NickS

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2007, 08:05:17 PM »
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'164304\' date=\'Sep 19 2007, 03:25 PM\']
OMG, lighten up people. I was joking earlier.  

Personally, I'm not a union person.  I know people who have been members of AFTRA and have complained loudly about how useless it is.  If the writers guild has something to offer these guys that they think they need, "God Bless", hope it works out for you.
[/quote]

I haven't really talked to Aaron since college -- but to me he's been a spot-on guy.

Out of curiosity, I hope you don't mind the board sniping on your line of employment.  Oh wait -- I was just joking.  As mentioned before, a union can get health benefits for someone, which in this day and age isn't the easiest thing to come by.

/Let's see you do it since you're holier than thou
//Start by putting your comma inside the ending quotation mark

narzo

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2007, 10:15:55 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'164315\' date=\'Sep 19 2007, 07:05 PM\']
[quote name=\'narzo\' post=\'164304\' date=\'Sep 19 2007, 03:25 PM\']
OMG, lighten up people. I was joking earlier.  

Personally, I'm not a union person.  I know people who have been members of AFTRA and have complained loudly about how useless it is.  If the writers guild has something to offer these guys that they think they need, "God Bless", hope it works out for you.
[/quote]

I haven't really talked to Aaron since college -- but to me he's been a spot-on guy.

Out of curiosity, I hope you don't mind the board sniping on your line of employment.  Oh wait -- I was just joking.  As mentioned before, a union can get health benefits for someone, which in this day and age isn't the easiest thing to come by.

/Let's see you do it since you're holier than thou
//Start by putting your comma inside the ending quotation mark
[/quote]

Apparently I'm one of the few here with a thick enough skin to actually take a joke.  Trust me, in almost 16 years of hosting I've heard every joke, and even personally been called vicious names on message boards.  Want to trash the tv shopping industry?  Please, feel free...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 10:19:55 PM by narzo »