Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Temptation - Can you Find it?  (Read 13472 times)

happyattacks

Temptation - Can you Find it?
« on: September 13, 2007, 08:04:53 AM »
Well, Here I sit in Grand Rapids MI trying to find Temptation...  and I can't find a website for the show, can't find a list of affiliates, and "Mynetwork TV" affiliate here doesn't seem to carry it. Is it even in this market? Is there a list of stations it's been cleared on?

If I can't find it, and I'm LOOKING for it, how is John Q. Public going to find it?   Not a good thing.

mcsittel

« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 08:34:27 AM »
[quote name=\'happyattacks\' post=\'163631\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 07:04 AM\']
Well, Here I sit in Grand Rapids MI trying to find Temptation...  and I can't find a website for the show, can't find a list of affiliates, and "Mynetwork TV" affiliate here doesn't seem to carry it. Is it even in this market? Is there a list of stations it's been cleared on?

If I can't find it, and I'm LOOKING for it, how is John Q. Public going to find it?   Not a good thing.
[/quote]

Now that the locally-oriented TV Guide is history, I wonder where the public determines what's on TV... I'd love to see percentages for the various sources:

1) Internet listings (tvguide, zap2it, et al.)
2) The station's web site (which often reverts to one of the above)
3) Newspaper listings (daily or weekly mags, provided they are still printed-of course you may get just the abbreviated "prime time only" listings in the daily edition)
4) On-screen program guides/TV Guide Channel (assuming cable/digital cable access)
5) The national "bare-bones" TV Guide (for prime time on network affiliates)
6) Program promos-and then remembering to watch/DVR (provided said ads exist)
7) Channel surfing (if you have cable/digital, you have a lot of surfing potentially)

As a fan of local newscasts, when on the road, I used to buy TV Guides along the way-now I research before I go and prepare a list of stations and broadcast times... and then *hope* the zap2it cable lineup matches what you get in the hotel.. and that the cable wasn't split 40 times before it reached your room such that the signal looks like it was picked up with a coat hanger.

snowpeck

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 10:03:56 AM »
It apparently airs at 12PM and 1PM there on "CW7" which is a digital subchannel of WWMT.  I assume the channel is available on cable as well.  Crosswords airs on that same station at 12:30PM and 1:30PM.  There is a Temptation website (www.seenontemptation.com) but there's very little on the show there.  The focus of the site is the home shopping aspect of the show.  As far as I know there is no complete station listing anywhere.   I didn't know anyone in my market was carrying it until last week, so it doesn't seem they're making themselves very well known.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

happyattacks

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 10:26:32 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'163636\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 10:03 AM\']
It apparently airs at 12PM and 1PM there on "CW7" which is a digital subchannel of WWMT.  I assume the channel is available on cable as well.  Crosswords airs on that same station at 12:30PM and 1:30PM.  There is a Temptation website (www.seenontemptation.com) but there's very little on the show there.  The focus of the site is the home shopping aspect of the show.  As far as I know there is no complete station listing anywhere.   I didn't know anyone in my market was carrying it until last week, so it doesn't seem they're making themselves very well known.

Greg
[/quote]

Of course, I have Satellite, and that's the one "Local" Station I can't get... I get my CW out of New York on WPIX and they don't seem to have it.... GRRRR I guess I'm SOL. Too bad, I at least wanted to see them. Eventually I guess they'll trickle out. I was NOT impressed with that website.

TimK2003

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 10:31:17 AM »
[quote name=\'snowpeck\' post=\'163636\' date=\'Sep 13 2007, 10:03 AM\']
I didn't know anyone in my market was carrying it until last week, so it doesn't seem they're making themselves very well known.
[/quote]

Is Fremantle actually doing any concerted effort on promoting the *game* (and not the home shopping element)on the website anywhere?  With Price is Right and Idol, CBS and Fox respectively pretty much do all their PR, but looking at Feud, they have a decent website.  

If you go to Fremantle's game show page,, the only mention of Temptation proper is on the first page listed above.  Once inside the page, there is no mention of Temptation. (But the $ale of the Century predecessor is prominently mentioned).

Despite the game element being fairly decent, I have a feeling that the ratings and life span of Temptation are going to go the way of Card Sharks 2001.