The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

If Password returned,

(1/16) > >>

edholland83:
With Pyramid being renewed for another season, This was an interesting question I wanted to ask was:

Do you think that a new version of password work in this time?

And which fomat would work?

1. a best of three games to 25 (CBS and early ABC Version)

2. a best of three games to 50 (Later modified ABC Version)

3. Or the Password +/Super Password format

My thoughts are that even though a lot of people think that the original format has gotten stale and wouldn't retain the people with short attention spans, some games might only take 2-3 words if playing to 25, which may keep some viewers interested, if it isn't dumbed-down (and there's adaquette judging). So I would prefer either 1 or 2 or maybe even a best of 3 to 35 points

I hope to hear from everybody to chime in on this question

urbanpreppie05:
I don't know...I'm not sure if audiences are as intelligent as they were before. But If any format were to stick around the longest, I think it would be the P+/SP one-the puzzles are fun to follow.

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'edholland83\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 09:52 AM\']Do you think that a new version of password work in this time?

And which fomat would work?

1. a best of three games to 25 (CBS and early ABC Version)

2. a best of three games to 50 (Later modified ABC Version)

3. Or the Password +/Super Password format

[/quote]
I'd probably use the P+/SP format, only because the younger folks that remember Password probably remember those two shows best, and would likely say \"Allen WHO?!\" Remember, producers look at the 18-34 generation nowadays. :-)

Have the password start at a given point value, say 50 points, and decrease by 10 on each team guess.  A correct guess allows the points to go into a \"bank,\" which is won when the puzzle is guessed.  Most points at the end wins the game, and plays a two-part bonus round.

Part-one is like the Lightning Round, where the team has :45 to get 5 words, at $200 a pop.  Afterwards, the team plays Alphabetics to play for 10X their Lightning Round winnings. If they get all 5 words, they play for $20,000.

Alphabetics is the same....10 words in :60, you win the money, or $500 a word.  An illegal clue forfeits the chance of winning the full jackpot.

If I confused anybody, I'm tired....damn near confused myself. :-P

clemon79:
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 08:16 AM\'] Have the password start at a given point value, say 50 points, and decrease by 10 on each team guess.  A correct guess allows the points to go into a "bank," which is won when the puzzle is guessed.  Most points at the end wins the game, and plays a two-part bonus round. [/quote]
 And you've made the same design error that many people before you have as well: you are penalizing a team for solving a puzzle early.

gsgalaxy82:

--- Quote ---And you've made the same design error that many people before you have as well: you are penalizing a team for solving a puzzle early.
--- End quote ---

Yes. A certain moderator here will probably tell the story that this nearly became the scoring on Password Plus also. :-)

David

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version