Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crosswords, Temptation ratings are in  (Read 21285 times)

Ian Wallis

Crosswords, Temptation ratings are in
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2007, 06:43:37 PM »
If "Temptation" is wrapping *all 170* episodes for the season next week, they're stuck.

Is Crosswords wrapping for the season soon too?  With the season in the can for both shows, would they really cancel them in January without airing all episodes if the ratings didn't pick up - or would they get a full-season shot anyway?
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

NickS

« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2007, 09:46:54 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'164394\' date=\'Sep 20 2007, 04:58 PM\']
Ah, the magic of cable.

I'm predicting minor gains for both shows since I still think part of the problem is lack of visibility.  Still, if either gets to 2, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
[/quote]

Not to say that syndicated shows on The CW in the 100+ markets don't help with household penetration (i.e. Crosswords are on O/Os and can't pull a 1 yet), but Temptation is on in a late morning slot (11a E/10a C)... so your HUT levels are lower.  It doesn't help.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2007, 11:19:07 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'164536\' date=\'Sep 21 2007, 08:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'164394\' date=\'Sep 20 2007, 04:58 PM\']
Ah, the magic of cable.

I'm predicting minor gains for both shows since I still think part of the problem is lack of visibility.  Still, if either gets to 2, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
[/quote]

Not to say that syndicated shows on The CW in the 100+ markets don't help with household penetration (i.e. Crosswords are on O/Os and can't pull a 1 yet), but Temptation is on in a late morning slot (11a E/10a C)... so your HUT levels are lower.  It doesn't help.
[/quote]
Crosswords is hard pressed to pull ANYONE when their leadin is TMZ...and TMZ's leadin is Craig Ferguson.  Or maybe I'm still just a little better about that.  Then again, I have Dish Network and have ZERO chance to watch Temptation, even if I wanted to.

Why, oh why, couldn't Crosswords get picked up by the network that airs three hours of infomercials and two hours of court shows every day here?  Heck, even WTVO had a slot for it, if they could bear getting rid of the infomercial after Feud.