Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Game Show Pilot Light Has Moved!  (Read 12650 times)

mmb5

The Game Show Pilot Light Has Moved!
« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2007, 10:42:56 PM »
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2007, 07:02:26 AM »
I wonder if it had been a hit on the network, would there have eventually been a Duel in the Daytime PM?
@lambertman

tvwxman

« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2007, 08:29:58 PM »
Great website , as always, and kudos for your extensive research.

One question . Are the new additions all from the UCLA archive that takes weeks to copy over, and hence, isn't available immediately for showing?  Or are some of these new shows about to be released into the trading wild, where they will be hunted for sport?

[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'163029\' date=\'Sep 7 2007, 07:02 AM\']
I wonder if it had been a hit on the network, would there have eventually been a Duel in the Daytime PM?
[/quote]

I LOL'ed. :)
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Ian Wallis

« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2007, 07:48:36 PM »
In reading over the list, I'm surprised at how many pilots some of these shows actually did.  Until the 'net came along, I always thought they did just one pilot for each show.  

That belief was made stronger by a 1979 TVGuide article that discussed upcoming pilots of the big game show companies.  In describing All-Star Secrets, which was on the air by that point, it stated

"...NBC demanded two pilots for their new show instead of one, industry sources say the new producers received only a six-week contract rather than the usual 13-week deal..."

It's interesting that they tried to bring this show back again in the late '80s.  I always thought it wasn't a bad little show.

Carry on...
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!