Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Picture of new TPiR doors  (Read 12153 times)

Casey Buck

Picture of new TPiR doors
« on: August 18, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »
This is courtesy of garffreak of golden-road.net, who stumbled on this picture somehow.

Enjoy!

It reminds me of the 70s backdrop behind Bob when he walked out of Door #2. Also, the TPiR logo is the original yellow-and-white one used in the early days of the show.

Door #2 is a blue variation of this, and Door #3 is a green variation.

Very...interesting, to say the least.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 12:04:45 PM by Casey Buck »

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 12:00:00 PM »
Man, that door is friggin awesome. Can't wait to see the rest of the set.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

SteveR

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 12:02:54 PM »
They look as much like LMaD doors and/or curtain as they do TPiR doors.

That's not a bad thing.

TonicBH

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:05:11 PM »
I like how classic it kinda looks, but not too kitschy. Chances are the other doors have different colored backdrops, and let's hope that the ugly pastel colors are gone for good.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:38:49 PM »
If Drew would dress up with the wardrobe he used while working at Winfred-Lauder (the fictional department store from The Drew Carey Show, featuring his skinny black tie, his color-coordinated suit, etc.) and his signature round, dark-rimmed glasses, he would definitely blend in well with the new set design.  Haha!
-Sanford

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 02:24:54 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'161113\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 11:38 AM\']
If Drew would dress up with the wardrobe he used while working at Winfred-Lauder (the fictional department store from The Drew Carey Show, featuring his skinny black tie, his color-coordinated suit, etc.) and his signature round, dark-rimmed glasses, he would definitely blend in well with the new set design.  Haha!
[/quote]
Aside from the skinny tie, that's how he dressed, actually.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 02:40:48 PM »
At first glance, it looked loud, but the rainbow doors were kinda loud, too, and I eventually got used to them.

I'm hoping #2 and #3 are a little more muted, since we'll probably see those open more often than #1.
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 02:50:26 PM »
Not fond of the door right now, but maybe it looks better in context. But to the girlie standing next to Drew, I say: giggity!
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Pyramids

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 03:09:41 PM »
I like it. Can YouTube clips be far behind?

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 03:53:41 PM »
The more and more I read about the changes up for this season (and looking at the doors) the more I look forward to this season. The design is retro, bright, and familiar- yet modern at the same time. I love it.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 03:54:24 PM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

TheLastResort

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 04:21:54 PM »
I like the retro pattern, but I hate the geometric shapes behind the logo.  What the hell IS that??!  The door panels are wider too.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 04:39:28 PM »
[quote name=\'TheLastResort\' post=\'161153\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 01:21 PM\']
I like the retro pattern, but I hate the geometric shapes behind the logo.  What the hell IS that??!  
[/quote]
70's retro, is what it is. Which is prezactly what it should be.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Gus

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 04:58:36 PM »
Friggin sweet. Is it just the lighting in the photo, or is the shade of yellow used in the logo a lot softer than what they'd been using?

And this is nitpickery for sure, but anyone else notice that they went back to the older-style dollar sign and typeface, rather than the different ones they'd been using as of late?

(A better question would be, who *noticed* that the dollar sign ever changed?)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 05:26:30 PM by Gus »

aaron sica

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 05:20:07 PM »
[quote name=\'urbanpreppie05\' post=\'161150\' date=\'Aug 18 2007, 03:53 PM\']
The more and more I read about the changes up for this season (and looking at the doors) the more I look forward to this season. The design is retro, bright, and familiar- yet modern at the same time. I love it.
[/quote]

You put into words what I couldn't. October seems like a far way away, doesn't it? :)

WestCovinaBoy

« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
I made a last minute trip down there yesterday to see both shows.  All this reading about the changes made me VERY curious to see it in person not mention I couldn't wait two more months to see it on TV.  Let me just say as much as I am a traditionalist, the new set looks amazing.  Much brighter and fun.  I heard pastels and I thought oh god no, but then once seeing it in person I must say the colors work quite well.

A few more details about the set:

While the logo on the door gives a nice clean split in the panels, the logo on the back walls and on screen graphic: the dollar sign overlaps a bit onto the red portion and is slightly larger.

The changing color strip looks really cool outlining the doors.  They are all synched to eachother and alternate colors and are steady during game play.

The turntable is great with incandescent chase lights, similar to those previously found on the old doors, around the perimeter of the set piece where the contestants and drew stand to play a pricing game on the turntable.

The contestants row readouts have new colors, matching the pastels on the curtains in the audience section.  The orange, blue, and red are now kind of peach-orange, turquise blue, and pinkish red?  Green remained the same.  Instead of 4 colors in the audience it's now just three with a string of lights between the color separations.

Giant price tag looks very cool with the new logo to the right and an elongated "diamond" shape made up of white globe chase lights that remind me kind of like an old sign you'd see in vegas and the entire thing is outlined in green outline.

Overall the set changes and music updates really have made this Drew's era.  The Price has changed... It's not a bad thing, though!

If I can think of anything else that hasn't been said in other forums or on here about the week of tapings, I'll post later.  Any questions? Feel free to ask.  Have a good one, everyone.