Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A few GSN Schedule Notes  (Read 34602 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2007, 02:39:26 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'161741\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 11:25 AM\']
9 years for Now You See It,
[/quote]
Not quite nine years, I don't think, because three days hence marks my nine-year anniversary of moving to Seattle, and I didn't have my own place (and therefore, cable and GSN) until almost four weeks after that. And I know NYSI was on the schedule for at least a little while after that, because I kept forgetting to set the VCR for it.

Prolly close enough, tho.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Chelsea Thrasher

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2007, 02:54:12 PM »
They had NYSI on for a stint on weekends in 1999.  Lasted fairly briefly,= then they replaced it with Click. (Remember *that* show?)

Trivia Trap last aired - at all - on the network in early 2003. They ran it weekdays for a couple of months, before pulling it for Eubanks' CS.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 02:59:26 PM by Seth Thrasher »

chad1m

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2007, 03:27:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'161747\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 02:54 PM\'] then they replaced it with Click. [/quote]

Of course. It helped bring us that demon spawn known as Ryan Seacrest.

tpirfan28

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2007, 03:36:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'161747\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 02:54 PM\']
...then they replaced it with Click. (Remember *that* show?)
[/quote]
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'161750\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 03:27 PM\']
[/quote]
Can we not tarnish a Merv Griffin show please?

Let us remember that Merv was the one who spawned the Sea.  Even got recognition on the Larry King Live show, too.

/I should post my ep of Click for the world to see....
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2007, 03:38:20 PM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'161750\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 12:27 PM\']
[/quote]
The hate for Seacrest just makes me giggle. Because it's SO misplaced. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I haven't seen one indication that he's anything but really really good at the jobs he's asked to do.

A while ago we had a thread where we were talking about the slow death of the "broadcaster" as opposed to just a TV host. Bob Costas was cited as an example of one of the few remaining ones. I would put Seacrest in that list without hesitation.

BrandonFG

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2007, 03:44:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'161753\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 03:38 PM\']
The hate for Seacrest just makes me giggle. Because it's SO misplaced. Maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I haven't seen one indication that he's anything but really really good at the jobs he's asked to do.

A while ago we had a thread where we were talking about the slow death of the "broadcaster" as opposed to just a TV host. Bob Costas was cited as an example of one of the few remaining ones. I would put Seacrest in that list without hesitation.
[/quote]
I wonder if it's the fact that he works with pop music, both on radio, and with his TV show, and the fact that pop music is so heavily criticized (rightfully so). I agree that he's a very competent host, and knows when and when not to use the pop-star persona. With the right format, he could do very well.

And I've said for years that Bob Costas would do very well with the right format.

/I like Keith Olbermann myself
//Despite the SportsCenter debacle
///ESPN takes itself too seriously IMO
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »
[/quote]
QFT. And I've made it known before that, having met him professionally, he is, hands down, one of the more down to earth people in show business.

He works harder than most talent in this business. Period.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2007, 03:51:33 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'161756\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 12:44 PM\']
I wonder if it's the fact that he works with pop music, both on radio, and with his TV show, and the fact that pop music is so heavily criticized (rightfully so).
[/quote]
It's possible. To which I say: don't shoot the messenger.

We also have quite a few change-resistant folks around these parts (to the point of screaming and pounding their little fists when the least little change alters their overbooked taping schedules), and it is true that a lot of what Seacrest has accomplished has involved change: taking over for Rick Dees, Casey Kasem, Dick Clark (partially now, but eventually fully), and as the designated "fill-in" guy for Larry King after the Costas thing fizzled over the Schiavo situation. So I could see them disliking the guy for mucking up their favorite television and radio shows with, you know, progress.

Jay Temple

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2007, 04:05:31 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'161756\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 02:44 PM\']

[/quote]
I wonder if it's the fact that he works with pop music, both on radio, and with his TV show, and the fact that pop music is so heavily criticized (rightfully so). I agree that he's a very competent host, and knows when and when not to use the pop-star persona. With the right format, he could do very well.[/quote]
Good call. I found myself forced to acknowledge that I didn't really loathe Seacrest as the host of American Top 40; I just hated what had happened to the show and to popular music by the time he took over.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

chad1m

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2007, 04:23:39 PM »
I was actually just messing around. I do like Seacrest and I've liked him since the Click and Wild Animal Games days. =) I think it's actually that game show connection that has led me to enjoying him more than most do.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 04:24:29 PM by chad1m »

itiparanoid13

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2007, 04:47:50 PM »
Just FYI, they are hiring actual writers for That's The Question's next season.  One I know was a writer for Camouflage as well as various other shows; it's in good hands.

xavier45

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2007, 04:52:02 PM »
[/quote]
I am glad someone else agrees with me. I asked this same question and the responses I got were "He is arrogant, and makes the show about him". And the best one I got was "He is replacing people like Rick Dees and Dick Clark". It is something I will never understand.

clemon79

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #57 on: August 23, 2007, 04:53:34 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'161772\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 01:47 PM\']
One I know was a writer for Camouflage as well as various other shows; it's in good hands.
[/quote]
As long as one of them either knows something about the history of Nintendo or knows where to look to confirm it, I'm happy.

joshg

A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2007, 05:01:13 PM »
So, how many episodes of 'Now You See It' will be shown before 'Click' takes over?
Hopefully we'll get to ep #5, unlike the last time...
(it was 4 episodes and gone, right? Or am I having a senior moment?)

Josh

/where's my pudding?
//you youngins get off my lawn
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
A few GSN Schedule Notes
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2007, 05:03:57 PM »
[quote name=\'joshg\' post=\'161776\' date=\'Aug 23 2007, 04:01 PM\']
(it was 4 episodes and gone, right? Or am I having a senior moment?)
[/quote]
Correct.
--Mark
Phil 4:13