Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN's Griffin Tribute Schedule  (Read 35216 times)

cool245

GSN's Griffin Tribute Schedule
« on: August 14, 2007, 12:45:18 PM »
From the Buzzer Blog:

On August 18 from 10am to 3pm, GSN will air Wheel of Fortune including a Woolery episode. On August 19 from 10am to 3pm, Jeopardy! will air. In the August 19th overnight slot, Play Your Hunch and a To Tell The Truth episode that Griffin hosted will air.

tpirfan28

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 01:01:53 PM »
Congratulations GSN...this actually seems like a good tribute.  I wonder if an Art Fleming J! will also be a part of this.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

WildJoker76

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 01:06:32 PM »
They have shown the finale from the revival in the late 70s with Fleming before so it would be nice to see since I didn't have GSN at that time

Casey Buck

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 01:39:09 PM »
Holy crap...a Woolery Wheel episode?!?

Wow.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 02:08:47 PM »
That sound you hear is everyone mashing the buttons on their DVR/TiVo remotes.

Seems like there definitely was some thought put into this.  I'm impressed.
This signature is currently under construction.

tvwxman

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2007, 02:13:31 PM »
Stunts like this make me wish they aired vault stuff more often. A daily hour of whatever they feel like, tying it into some news of the day.

It could be done. It should be done. Damn shame we have to wait for people to die to see it done.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2007, 03:33:01 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'160573\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 02:13 PM\']
It could be done. It should be done. Damn shame we have to wait for people to die to see it done.
[/quote]
I'm more surprised they're actually showing when people are awake.

Would be nice to see them actually honor the man without having to promote their other shows via crunches, but you know how that goes.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2007, 03:39:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'160571\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 02:08 PM\']
That sound you hear is everyone mashing the buttons on their DVR/TiVo remotes.

Seems like there definitely was some thought put into this.  I'm impressed.
[/quote]
Actually, I was mashing buttons on my phone to see if a relative can record it for me. :)

[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'160573\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 02:13 PM\']
Stunts like this make me wish they aired vault stuff more often. A daily hour of whatever they feel like, tying it into some news of the day. [/quote]Headline Chasers, damnit. :)
Agreed.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
Hopefully someone can unconfuse me.

IIRC, we were always led to believe that any Woolery eps (as well as Vanna's first ep) were the property of NBC, and that was the reason GSN couldn't show any of them (that is, when GSN was running WoF on a regular basis).  Does that mean that we've debunked another urban legend?

I don't want to be a party pooper here, and not that I don't trust Alex's info, but I'd kinda like to see something with GSN's contact info before I completely buy into at least two previously-only-seen-on-NBC eps showing up on the network when NBC eps had never been on before.  Forgive me if I seem skeptical (hey, if I'm wrong, I'll happily take it).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 03:55:20 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvmitch

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2007, 04:06:37 PM »
Seconded on the skepticism...I'll have the TV on for the tribute, but that's really a longshot about the Woolery ep.
You should follow me on Twitter

Pyramid80

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2007, 04:06:44 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'160587\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 02:44 PM\']
Hopefully someone can unconfuse me.

IIRC, we were always led to believe that any Woolery eps (as well as Vanna's first ep) were the property of NBC, and that was the reason GSN couldn't show any of them (that is, when GSN was running WoF on a regular basis).  Does that mean that we've debunked another urban legend?

I don't want to be a party pooper here, and not that I don't trust Alex's info, but I'd kinda like to see something with GSN's contact info before I completely buy into at least two previously-only-seen-on-NBC eps showing up on the network when NBC eps had never been on before.  Forgive me if I seem skeptical (hey, if I'm wrong, I'll happily take it).
[/quote]

Is this proof enough?

GSN Press Release

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2007, 04:10:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' post=\'160592\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 03:06 PM\']
Is this proof enough?

GSN Press Release
[/quote]
That will do.

<Emily Litella>Never mind.<end/EL>

ETA:  Then again, Aaron's point below is a darn good one.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:27:32 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvmitch

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2007, 04:12:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Pyramid80\' post=\'160592\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 04:06 PM\']
Is this proof enough?

GSN Press Release
[/quote]
Hello, Mr. Wayne...my name is Mitch, nice to meet you...I guess I'll be playing at the X podium today...

EDIT: Why did these marathons start at 10am and not 9? Just seems curious to me that Child's Play and CS might not be preemptable.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 04:17:27 PM by mitchgroff »
You should follow me on Twitter

Ian Wallis

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 04:52:54 PM »
OK GSN - what else do you have that you've been holding out on us?

An early Woolery ep - I wonder how early.  During E's Wheel of Fortune tribute a few years back, they aired a few clips from the premiere - you don't suppose it could be that, do you?  And Vanna's debut...I agree with this statement

Stunts like this make me wish they aired vault stuff more often. A daily hour of whatever they feel like, tying it into some news of the day.

I've always thought they should air the vault shows every so often, or else what's the point of it just sitting there?

Since I'm GSN-less right now, hopefully one of you good folks out there will record it for me :)
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

aaron sica

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 05:17:39 PM »
I'm most definitely going to rig up the VCR to tape it, and I'm excited to see what's going to air, but I can't help being realistic about this a little bit. Sorry to rain on anyone's parade or dash hopes, but upon reading the press release, here's what I got out of it:

Saturday's Griffin tribute will feature an early Woolery "Wheel of Fortune" appearance, White's debut in 1982 and the show's first road trip to New York City.

It doesn't come out and say it has episodes with Chuck Woolery and Vanna White's appearance...The show's first road trip to NYC was in the 1988-1989 season, which we know GSN has.

I would LOVE to be proven wrong...And will gladly eat my serving of crow...But what I see airing in Wheel's Marathon are some minor clips of Woolery and White's early appearance, along with full episodes from the 1988-1989 season.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 05:19:15 PM by aaron sica »