Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: August 15 TPIR taping  (Read 15514 times)

davidhammett

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'160756\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 08:04 PM\']
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' post=\'160752\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 07:25 PM\'](more "flower power" than "hour power" to me).[/quote]
I lol'd.

Did Drew's injury become part of his "material"?  When the news first broke (lame pun not intended) I figured that would eventually happen.
[/quote]
He didn't mention it on camera, but it came up off camera.  Of note were a large group of audience members sitting in the chairs on the center platform in the back who had (tongue in cheek) brought a supply of band-aids for Drew (each of them held up a single bandage).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2007, 08:34:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'160755\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 05:01 PM\']
TonySCV over at golden-road.net (who IIRC, is Tony Harrison of tpir.tv) attended today's tapings, and has a Q&A thread here.
[/quote]
Good stuff. Gotta say, like that they're updating things, and I like what little we've heard about the new set.

I think a TPiR Season Pass is going on the new Tivo in October, ESPECIALLY if it's in Glorious Hi-Def...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2007, 09:09:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160760\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 08:34 PM\']
Good stuff. Gotta say, like that they're updating things, and I like what little we've heard about the new set.
[/quote]
You sure you're not just saying that because some people are crying themselves to sleep? ;-)

For the record, I like the changes too...the lighting pattern sounds awesome.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Casey

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2007, 09:17:27 PM »
It also seems like Drew made a pretty good impression on his first tape day.  That seems like a good sign as well.  I like that essentially, it sounds like the set has just been modernized a bit while still being very familiar.

TheInquisitiveOne

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2007, 09:18:34 PM »
After what I read at golden-road.net, you can color me excited.

If this is the same calm, cool, collected Drew that I saw on PoX tonight, we'll be in for a treat.

Cheers for season 36!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2007, 09:43:32 PM »
The analogy that I use is that the set is like when you see a foreign version of TPiR -- it doesn't look exactly like the original American set, but you can instantly tell that it's The Price is Right.

[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160760\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 07:34 PM\']I think a TPiR Season Pass is going on the new Tivo in October, ESPECIALLY if it's in Glorious Hi-Def...[/quote]
'Tisn't in high-definition.

[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'160742\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 04:02 PM\']JIb camera = more shots of the tops of the audience's heads.[/quote]
Also more chances for it to swing over and inadvertently reveal the backstage area where unwittingly, I'm just standing there with my arms crossed, watching the monitors.

--
Scott Robinson
is self-conscious of how he appears on TV

catkins522

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2007, 09:52:29 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'160768\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 09:43 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160760\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 07:34 PM\']I think a TPiR Season Pass is going on the new Tivo in October, ESPECIALLY if it's in Glorious Hi-Def...[/quote]
'Tisn't in high-definition.
[/quote]

As I am an employee for a CBS station, CBS is really lacking for HD techology...  Most of the HD shows are paid by Production and not CBS...  In fact, my station has more HD ready than CBS HQ in New York.

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2007, 09:58:40 PM »
[quote name=\'MSTieScott\' post=\'160768\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 09:43 PM\']Also more chances for it to swing over and inadvertently reveal the backstage area where unwittingly, I'm just standing there with my arms crossed, watching the monitors.

--
Scott Robinson
is self-conscious of how he appears on TV
[/quote]
This seems to be how you always are on TV.

/All one time?
This signature is currently under construction.

Card Shark

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2007, 11:03:01 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' post=\'160766\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 09:18 PM\']
After what I read at golden-road.net, you can color me excited.

If this is the same calm, cool, collected Drew that I saw on PoX tonight, we'll be in for a treat.

Cheers for season 36!

The Inquisitive One
[/quote]

Was tonight's episode taped before or after he knew he was going to be TPIR host?
Adam Strom

Adam Nedeff

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2007, 11:11:16 PM »
My two cents: "The Price is Right" is in very good hands. Drew was a great host. And I don't say that with qualification the way was said about Ricki Lake with "Gameshow Marathon." Drew wasn't great for a first timer. He wasn't great for somebody learning the ropes. He was great. He's not treating this as a gig or a paycheck; he truly, deeply wanted to do well with this, and it showed.

As far as the taping stopdown went (and I'll keep this spoiler-free) you almost had to give Drew a free pass on it because he got tripped up with a rule that truly doesn't come up THAT often, and I sat there wondering if the staff had even thought to tell him about it. But Drew knew exactly who to turn to...He started to stumble over his words and immediately said "Stop tape! Roger!"

Speaking of which, Drew is already getting along with the co-workers; he and Roger joked around after one pricing game, he kidded around with other staffers during tape breaks, he seemed subtly proud of himself for memorizing the models' names, and he led a round of applause for Rich Fields for the Showcase reveal. He seemed truly HAPPY to be there.

As far as the new set goes: I dug it; enough new stuff to look like it's in the 21st Century, and enough stuff left alone that it still looks like "The Price is Right."

clemon79

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2007, 11:16:15 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'160764\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 06:09 PM\']
You sure you're not just saying that because some people are crying themselves to sleep? ;-)
[/quote]
None of them will believe me, but genuinely, I'm not. I like seeing shows update sets, as long as they don't apply a Millionaire filter to them. Remember, I'm the twisted soul who LIKED the TNPiR set.

BrandonFG

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 11:24:00 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160783\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 11:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'160764\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 06:09 PM\']
[/quote]
None of them will believe me, but genuinely, I'm not. I like seeing shows update sets, as long as they don't apply a Millionaire filter to them.[/quote]
Same here...change is good at times, and it keeps the show fresh. New host, new set, and from what's been posted, the changes (even cosmetic) are fairly minor.

Now, if J! would get rid of that crazy mess of a set they have...

Remember, I'm the twisted soul who LIKED the TNPiR set.
Add me to that list...I thought it was very snazzy, even if it lacked some of the old-school charm of Barker's set.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 11:51:14 PM »
JIb camera = more shots of the tops of the audience's heads.

Also more chances for it to swing over and inadvertently reveal the backstage area where unwittingly, I'm just standing there with my arms crossed, watching the monitors.
Bart is spying on you.

BTW, you look just the same on camera as in person, if that's any comfort.

I remember Frank Wayne being quoted in USA Today as saying TPIR was getting a new set. That was back in the '80s when I worked at CNN. Better late than never, I suppose.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:56:15 PM by chris319 »

Brandon Brooks

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2007, 12:05:20 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'160784\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 10:24 PM\']
Same here...change is good at times, and it keeps the show fresh. New host, new set, and from what's been posted, the changes (even cosmetic) are fairly minor.

Now, if J! would get rid of that crazy mess of a set they have...
[/quote]
How much longer do we have with that hellish set?  They swap them every five years, right?

Remember, I'm the twisted soul who LIKED the TNPiR set.
Add me to that list...I thought it was very snazzy, even if it lacked some of the old-school charm of Barker's set.
Ditto.  I thought it looked pretty sleek.  Didn't care too much for the video wall, though.

clemon79

August 15 TPIR taping
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2007, 01:10:41 AM »
[quote name=\'Adam Nedeff\' post=\'160782\' date=\'Aug 15 2007, 08:11 PM\']
Speaking of which, Drew is already getting along with the co-workers; he and Roger joked around after one pricing game, he kidded around with other staffers during tape breaks, he seemed subtly proud of himself for memorizing the models' names, and he led a round of applause for Rich Fields for the Showcase reveal.
[/quote]
Well, batting .750 is pretty good, anyhow...