Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How's your fall schedule stacking up?  (Read 72782 times)

colonial

How's your fall schedule stacking up?
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 11:44:42 AM »
Wheel and J! leaving 11?  Wouldn't have seen that coming.  Generally stations that own *any* of the top shows in syndication (Wheel, J!, Oprah, et al) bust their asses to keep them once they have them.
[/quote]

Gannett has been quite bullish in recent years in having a local newscast on its stations at 7p ET, regardless of ratings (Gannett's WUSA in Washington, DC launched a 7p newscast around the same time WXIA did -- after a string of failures in that slot including Gray WL and O'Hurley TTTT.  WUSA regularly finished fifth or sixth in the 7p ratings before the newscast premiered).

IIRC, Gannett purchased WATL from Tribune last year, giving Gannett a duopoly in Atlanta.

James

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 11:51:30 AM »
J! At 7pm on WPXI
WOF at 7:30 on WPXI

I know Feud and Millionaire run...I just don't know when

I haven't a CLUE about the Temptation or Crosswords.

...anyone out there in Greater Pittsburgh?

/for some reason I also get 6 Altoona and 10 Johnstown
//which have really low production values
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 11:55:10 AM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

mmb5

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 12:00:19 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'160509\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 07:55 AM\']
[quote name=\'catkins522\' post=\'160508\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 07:29 AM\']
Although, if he was going to pay appox. $10, you can get the "Superstations" from NYC, Denver, LA, and few more channels.
[/quote]

But yeah, picking up WWOR would get Chad Temptation, at least -- and if that's all he wants he can even pick that up alone, without buying the whole superstations package.  Of course, that assumes that WNEM doesn't invoke syndex, as some MNTV affiliates have done to block WWOR from their markets (and some CW affiliates do with KTLA, WPIX and KWGN).
[/quote]
It's for Dish Network people only, and you have to live in an area that doesn't offer CW/My on Dish.  Bay City is one of those, so you would get the stations, but is it really worth $70 a year to see Crosswords?

DirecTV generally will only do imports out-of-market CW stations, giving you WUNV-Baltimore if you're in the east or KSWB-San Diego if you're in the west.  They generally do not import MyNetwork stations for those markets so impoverished (or strengthened, depending on your beliefs).

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

dzinkin

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'160540\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 12:00 PM\']
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'160509\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 07:55 AM\']
[quote name=\'catkins522\' post=\'160508\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 07:29 AM\']
Although, if he was going to pay appox. $10, you can get the "Superstations" from NYC, Denver, LA, and few more channels.
[/quote]

But yeah, picking up WWOR would get Chad Temptation, at least -- and if that's all he wants he can even pick that up alone, without buying the whole superstations package.  Of course, that assumes that WNEM doesn't invoke syndex, as some MNTV affiliates have done to block WWOR from their markets (and some CW affiliates do with KTLA, WPIX and KWGN).
[/quote]
It's for Dish Network people only, and you have to live in an area that doesn't offer CW/My on Dish.
[/quote]
Actually, it's my understanding that the CW and My affils have to request protection from Dish with regard to superstations -- otherwise you can subscribe if they don't care.  Many probably do request it now by default, but I know several people who get WWOR and WPIX for baseball even though Dish carries their local My and CW affils.  (And of course WSBK is an independent now, so it's not affected at all.)  The WNUV/KSWB thing on DirecTV (or the parallel WPIX/KTLA situation on Dish), where the out-of-market station is packaged as a "local," is the one that's only for CW-less markets.

Bay City is one of those, so you would get the stations, but is it really worth $70 a year to see Crosswords?
You forget that we have people who are willing to pay eighty bazillion dollars in an eBay auction for a T-shirt on which someone scribbed "I LIEK PRES YUR LUK" with a magic marker. :-)  Not to say Chad is one of those by any means, of course.  And besides, there's other stuff on the superstations (though not as much nowadays, I'll grant).

DirecTV generally will only do imports out-of-market CW stations, giving you WUNV-Baltimore if you're in the east or KSWB-San Diego if you're in the west.  They generally do not import MyNetwork stations for those markets so impoverished (or strengthened, depending on your beliefs).
DirecTV seems to try not to import out-of-market stations at all, except where they absolutely have to or where the demand is way too high to ignore (see: NYC stations in parts of the Hartford, CT market and vice versa).  I'm guessing that's due to the fact that TV station owners were involved then (Hubbard) and now (Fox).
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:20:09 PM by dzinkin »

chad1m

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'160542\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 12:19 PM\']
Bay City is one of those, so you would get the stations, but is it really worth $70 a year to see Crosswords?
You forget that we have people who are willing to pay eighty bazillion dollars in an eBay auction for a T-shirt on which someone scribbed "I LIEK PRES YUR LUK" with a magic marker. :-)
[/quote]
I actually like mine spraypainted, but to each his own.

Thanks for all of your help guys, but unless it ends up on the national WGN or something like that, it looks like I'll be S.O.L. for this time around.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 12:49:15 PM by chad1m »

HYHYBT

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 01:10:12 PM »
Wheel and J! leaving 11? Wouldn't have seen that coming. Generally stations that own *any* of the top shows in syndication (Wheel, J!, Oprah, et al) bust their asses to keep them once they have them.
That same station has done it before. Up until 1990 (I think) they had Wheel at 7:30 and J in late afternoon. They replaced Wheel with Quiz Kids Challenge, of all things, and W/J got paired 7-8 on WAGA 5. (As far as I could tell, this left Family Feud off the air entirely until it replaced Quiz Kids later on in the season)
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Gus

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 01:49:47 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'160534\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 11:25 AM\']
WOIO:  Family Feud at 9 AM, Temptation at 9:30 AM, Family Feud at 10 AM, Merv Griffin's Crosswords at 10:30 AM...
[/quote]

...and Price is Right at 11. Three consecutive hours of game shows in daytime on the same channel, and I like this arrangement quite a bit more than Mr Groff's situation in H'burg, and lucky for me, I have teh TiVo.

And wasn't it reported quite a while ago that one of the new games was picked by KYC? That must've fallen through, obviously.

Re Colonial: W/J going from NBC to MyNet? That's a bit of a step backward. Are there any other MyNets or CWs or even independents that carry W/J?

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2007, 01:52:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'160565\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 01:49 PM\']
WOIO:  Family Feud at 9 AM, Temptation at 9:30 AM, Family Feud at 10 AM, Merv Griffin's Crosswords at 10:30 AM...
[/quote]

Re Colonial: W/J going from NBC to MyNet? That's a bit of a step backward. Are there any other MyNets or CWs or even independents that carry W/J?
[/quote]

WSBK Boston 38. Formerly UPN, now independent.

/still has better presentation than Altoona NBC 6 or Johnstown CBS 10
insert signature here

dzinkin

« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2007, 01:53:27 PM »
[/quote]
I can think of one independent offhand.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 02:42:51 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'160567\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 01:53 PM\']
[/quote]
I can think of one independent offhand.
[/quote]

I can think of One other.

(Dave...TV 38 already mentioned one post up. Guess you hit at the same time.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dzinkin

« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 02:47:19 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'160578\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 02:42 PM\']
(Dave...TV 38 already mentioned one post up. Guess you hit at the same time.)
[/quote]
Wasn't the first time, won't be the last. :-)

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 03:47:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'160565\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 01:49 PM\']And wasn't it reported quite a while ago that one of the new games was picked by KYC? That must've fallen through, obviously.[/quote]
Deal or No Deal in '08 might be what you're thinking about.  Ever since the first affiliate list came out for both Crosswords and Temptation, WOIO/WUAB has been listed as Cleveland's stations for both shows.

tvmitch

« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2007, 04:10:39 PM »
[/quote]

...and Price is Right at 11. Three consecutive hours of game shows in daytime on the same channel, and I like this arrangement quite a bit more than Mr Groff's situation in H'burg, and lucky for me, I have teh TiVo.
[/quote]
I do too. I won't complain, come fall, when I get double-runs of each show, but I'm really skeptical to see how Temptation's double run will work with keeping episodes concurrent. WPMT can barely keep both runs of Feud concurrent as it is now.

And I'd be willing to be that OIO will enjoy higher ratings for the block than PMT, even though 19 has a non-existent lead-in at 9am. (Not that PMT's lead-in to noon is any better.)

In the ratings, WPMT barely registers in their afternoon block this season, with reruns of Roseanne, Feud...and I'm sure there's some court shows in there too.
You should follow me on Twitter

golden-road

« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2007, 04:41:04 PM »
No Crosswords here in Boise, but our schedule is as such:

9 AM, KBCI 2 (Cable 8): Price
10 AM, KNIN-DT2: Temptaion
2 PM, KTVB 7: Double run of Feud (replacing Passions)
2:30 PM: KIVI 6: Millionaire
6 & 6:30 PM, KBCI 2: Wheel & Jeopardy
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 12:49:18 PM by golden-road »

JaminJon

« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2007, 05:11:43 PM »
Here in the Buffalo area I think Ive got this down:

11am - TPIR (WIVB/CBS)
12pm - FF (CW23)
1pm - Millionaire (CW23)
7-8pm- Wheel/J! (WKBW/ABC)

UNKNOWN TIMES (that I know of)
Lets Play Crosswords: Buffalo (WGRZ/NBC)
Temptation (My Network TV Buffalo)?? *Just a good guess*

*Edit: The Times for these are
Crosswords 2-3pm (WGRZ/NBC)
Temptation 1230pm-1pm & 630pm-700pm (WNLO/CW)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 01:22:49 PM by JaminJon »