Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any news on Temptation US?  (Read 15756 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Any news on Temptation US?
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2007, 02:30:28 AM »
Has anyone been able to cook up a station list for the show yet?  Been trying to find out when (and where) the show's gonna air for both the Lexington KY and Nashville TN markets, but haven't made any progress on either front.

bwood

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2007, 12:07:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'160151\' date=\'Aug 10 2007, 02:30 AM\']
Has anyone been able to cook up a station list for the show yet?  Been trying to find out when (and where) the show's gonna air for both the Lexington KY and Nashville TN markets, but haven't made any progress on either front.
[/quote]

I was trying to figure out where it's going to air in the Columbus, OH market. No luck yet.....

tvmitch

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2007, 03:04:41 PM »
I was hoping the Vault would make it into our version. Even at a possible $5K per show payout, it's a great game mechanism for a few reasons: it's guaranteed cash to the leading player, hard to resist - I think it's bought about 90% of the time, and can have a huge impact on the final round.

For me, if I was on the Australian show, getting a chance at the Vault would be almost as important as winning the game.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 03:05:57 PM by mitchgroff »
You should follow me on Twitter

ethanmx2

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
I presume they didnt add some important things to Shopping? Like... oh I dont know... THE LOT, and the CASH JACKPOT?

By the way, I'm glad they're bringing back IC... though I still dont like Knockoff/Wipeout.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2007, 03:43:52 PM »
[quote name=\'ethanmx2\' post=\'160182\' date=\'Aug 10 2007, 12:12 PM\']
I presume they didnt add some important things to Shopping? Like... oh I dont know... THE LOT, and the CASH JACKPOT?
[/quote]
I don't think we know the details. They may well have.

(They won't call it Teh Lot here, of course.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2007, 11:58:09 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'160180\' date=\'Aug 10 2007, 02:04 PM\']
For me, if I was on the Australian show, getting a chance at the Vault would be almost as important as winning the game.
[/quote]

Bingo.  I've seen shows where the runner-up hauled away more than the night's winner, because they had the lead at Vault time and hit it for a $9K+ monster.  And 9 grand in cash beats a $15K grand piano each and every time in my book.

Seriously, you expect me to piddle away a 4-question lead for a 33.3% shot at $500 cash?  And who's waiting for me in the other two wallets?  Andrew Jackson?

/Peter Gammons?
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2007, 04:26:43 PM »
For those who live in the Mid-Michigan area:

Just caught a promo for Temptation. It looks like it will be airing at 1:00 in the afternoon. It will be on WNEM's MyNet channel, so you will need a digital receiver or Charter/Comcast cable to get it.

Not sure if the promo used footage from the pilot or not. The set and theme was exactly the same as the Aussie one, but YMNK. And yes, the Bargain Hunters-esque home shopper segments are still there.
*Indecipherable screaming*

BrandonFG

« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2007, 04:46:08 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLclark86\' post=\'160448\' date=\'Aug 13 2007, 04:26 PM\']
Not sure if the promo used footage from the pilot or not. The set and theme was exactly the same as the Aussie one, but YMNK.
[/quote]
I thought they shot the pilot on the Aussie set, or am I thinking of something else?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLclark86

• The Consolation Prize... to Your Heart <3
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2007, 11:33:14 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'160451\' date=\'Aug 13 2007, 04:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLclark86\' post=\'160448\' date=\'Aug 13 2007, 04:26 PM\']
Not sure if the promo used footage from the pilot or not. The set and theme was exactly the same as the Aussie one, but YMNK.
[/quote]
I thought they shot the pilot on the Aussie set, or am I thinking of something else?
[/quote]

That's what I heard. Didn't the hosts change from the pilot to actual production though? The promo featured a few shots of the host (which I would doubt that they would show footage of a host that wasn't there).
*Indecipherable screaming*

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2007, 12:38:53 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160187\' date=\'Aug 10 2007, 03:43 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
David never said.  Maybe that was part of the non-disclosure.  I would think that some of the higher prizes would have been mentioned during the taping, though.

If they're injecting all that play money into the endgame, I would think either the Everything Prize would be somewhere in the four-digit range or nowhere at all.  Since $995 seemed to be a semi-thought-out number (hey, set it here and we don't have to make a thousands column on the scoreboards), I'm betting the latter.
This signature is currently under construction.

davidhammett

« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2007, 01:45:25 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'160485\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 12:38 AM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160187\' date=\'Aug 10 2007, 03:43 PM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
David never said.  Maybe that was part of the non-disclosure.  I would think that some of the higher prizes would have been mentioned during the taping, though.

If they're injecting all that play money into the endgame, I would think either the Everything Prize would be somewhere in the four-digit range or nowhere at all.  Since $995 seemed to be a semi-thought-out number (hey, set it here and we don't have to make a thousands column on the scoreboards), I'm betting the latter.
[/quote]

I don't believe that they are allowing a contestant to play for all of the prizes on the stage, and I certainly didn't hear any mention of a cash jackpot.  It wouldn't surprise me, however, if things changed to include those in a potential second season of the show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2007, 01:54:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'160485\' date=\'Aug 13 2007, 09:38 PM\']
[/quote]
One, just because David never said doesn't mean it's not so.
If they're injecting all that play money into the endgame, I would think either the Everything Prize would be somewhere in the four-digit range or nowhere at all.
Two, that makes not one ounce of freakin' sense.
Since $995 seemed to be a semi-thought-out number (hey, set it here and we don't have to make a thousands column on the scoreboards), I'm betting the latter.
And three, the scoreboards are plasma screens, "columns" don't matter.

For your troubles, you receive:

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/3903/failpw6.jpg
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Clay Zambo

« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2007, 08:18:40 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'160491\' date=\'Aug 14 2007, 01:54 AM\']
For your troubles, you receive:

http://img475.imageshack.us/img475/3903/failpw6.jpg
[/quote]

Poor, sorrowful kitty!
czambo@mac.com

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2007, 11:34:57 PM »
Here's a fairly interesting B&C piece on Temptation regarding clearances and the length of the season (apologies if this has been posted already). It notes clearances are up to 202 stations or 97 percent. And still there doesn't seem to be a complete station list anywhere out there. I'm afraid I'm going to be among the un-tempted 3 percent of the U.S. As far as I can tell, no one in the Memphis market has picked it up.

Cheers,
- CA -