Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any news on Temptation US?  (Read 15873 times)

BMaurice06

Any news on Temptation US?
« on: August 02, 2007, 02:23:16 PM »
I am curious to find out how production is going on the American version of Temptation.  I heard on the FlashGames BuzzerBlog that things were "not going that smoothly" on the set.  Could it be that there are either technical or internal maladies happening?  What the dillio (please excuse the seemingly worn-out slang)?

BrandonFG

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 03:17:27 PM »
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'159396\' date=\'Aug 2 2007, 02:23 PM\']
I am curious to find out how production is going on the American version of Temptation.  I heard on the FlashGames BuzzerBlog that things were "not going that smoothly" on the set.  Could it be that there are either technical or internal maladies happening?  What the dillio (please excuse the seemingly worn-out slang)?
[/quote]
I remember reading that two preview episodes air on Wednesday, September 5. I'm guessing everything's okay, although I'd like to hear from someone who attended a taping or two...
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

itiparanoid13

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 03:28:50 PM »
I can tell you some of the rule changes aren't *that* great.  It sticks with Sale's format as far as questions go.  Be prepared for a new bonus round called KnockOff which is essentially Wipeout.  I've heard it's for game dollars, and one wrong answer means you lose all bonus money.  One of these was supposedly in the main game as well.  Fame Game's are revealed one letter at a time.  Also, the shopping format stays the same, but as of now the absolute best you can do is a car for $995 I believe, meaning either you can earn a lot of money in Super KnockOff (the bonus), or it's going to take a long time to win.  Be ready for an ungodly amount of female contestants and an incredible emphasis in shopping.  However, things can change before the show officially starts taping episodes if they haven't yet already; we'll have to see.  As far as I know, they're done casting men and they are exclusively looking for women 25-55 now.  They are also casting male and female models currently.

It was going badly before because no one knew anything, even many production members.  I was hearing from production people that they were surprised when they heard the September 10th debut date, as they didn't even know the show was completely greenlit.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:35:10 PM by itiparanoid13 »

tpirfan28

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 03:39:28 PM »
Alrighty Alex...since you are in the know about this....

- Is "KnockOff" based off the Wipeout main game (ie. played with all three players) or the bonus round (with one player)?

- Any set details?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

urbanpreppie05

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'159409\' date=\'Aug 2 2007, 03:28 PM\']
I can tell you some of the rule changes aren't *that* great.  It sticks with Sale's format as far as questions go.  Be prepared for a new bonus round called KnockOff which is essentially Wipeout.  I've heard it's for game dollars, and one wrong answer means you lose all bonus money.  One of these was supposedly in the main game as well.  Fame Game's are revealed one letter at a time.  Also, the shopping format stays the same, but as of now the absolute best you can do is a car for $995 I believe, meaning either you can earn a lot of money in Super KnockOff (the bonus), or it's going to take a long time to win.  Be ready for an ungodly amount of female contestants and an incredible emphasis in shopping.  However, things can change before the show officially starts taping episodes if they haven't yet already; we'll have to see.  As far as I know, they're done casting men and they are exclusively looking for women 25-55 now.  They are also casting male and female models currently.

It was going badly before because no one knew anything, even many production members.  I was hearing from production people that they were surprised when they heard the September 10th debut date, as they didn't even know the show was completely greenlit.
[/quote]

Even though they would have been better off just copy the details of AUS Temptation piece by piece, these changes don't sound that bad. The bonus round itself sounds interesting, and I expected the shopping part to played up more because it's going to be a predominantly daytime show.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:41:15 PM by urbanpreppie05 »
insert signature here

itiparanoid13

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 03:54:13 PM »
- Is "KnockOff" based off the Wipeout main game (ie. played with all three players) or the bonus round (with one player)?

Well I'm guessing that if KnockOff is in the main game, it's going to be three players, and the bonus version will be one.

- Any set details?

Wish I knew, but I don't.  I'll try to get more exact info when I'm back from work, which should be in about 45 minutes as I'm just now piddling around on the internet waiting to go.  Again, this was from the pilot that auditioning contestants were shown, and the pilot was shot in Australia.  There's no word on what's staying or going just yet.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 03:57:09 PM by itiparanoid13 »

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 08:38:54 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'159410\' date=\'Aug 2 2007, 03:39 PM\']Is "KnockOff" based off the Wipeout main game (ie. played with all three players) or the bonus round (with one player)?[/quote]
If you lose after one wrong answer, it would pretty much have to be the main game format.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 08:42:26 PM »
The change doesn't seem that bad to me. At least the end game still allows for something dealing with shopping, unlike the Winner's Big Money Game from the 80s.

I like that they're going for a diverse age range.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

TimK2003

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 10:02:24 PM »
Fame Game's are revealed one letter at a time.  
[/quote]

Speaking of knockoff's, it sounds like the Fame Game is now a knock-off on the Wheel of Fortune Jump-in categories??

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2007, 10:48:23 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'159441\' date=\'Aug 2 2007, 07:02 PM\']
Speaking of knockoff's, it sounds like the Fame Game is now a knock-off on the Wheel of Fortune Jump-in categories??
[/quote]
Yes, because Wheel was so original when they discovered the concept of revealing the solution to a puzzle one letter at a time...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Sodboy13

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 12:33:52 AM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'159441\' date=\'Aug 2 2007, 09:02 PM\']
Fame Game's are revealed one letter at a time.  
[/quote]

[/quote]

A clear, unabashed rip-off of the bonus round from The $1,000,000 Chance of a Lifetime.  Somebody get XPTLA's lawyers on speakerphone, pronto!

If the Fame Game really does turn out to be just "Guess this famous person's name," well, that's a downgrade.  But the rest of the latest format news sounds encouraging.  It's good to hear there may be a return to the shopping format for champions, and that there might be a bonus round in which the player could boost their shopping account - a nice tie-in to the scoring of the main game.  (Let's face it, this is daytime programming on myNetwork; they're not gonna be throwing around 50 grand a game here, no matter how infrequently that cash gets collected.)

The Knockoff/Wipeout format for a bonus round also sounds promising.  It makes for a nice divergence that can still fit in with the overall flow of the game, without having to be just more straightforward Q&A.  Plus, it's something most people haven't seen before, so it should come across as something rather fresh.  And if the Bonus Knockoff round uses a scoring format like Wipeout did, you'd have a game that would encourage risk, and you certainly could see those cash accounts shoot up rather quickly.

Even though my expectations for this one are probably foolishly high, I still can't wait for it to debut.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 01:59:40 AM »
I'm surprised nobody who's tried out has spoken up. The way I had the pilot explained to me by a potential contestant...there was no straight trivia. Either a clock was running or there was another gimmick. In this pilot, there was no fame game board, just a cash-on-the-score reward for solving it. After the final speed round, there were five more questions in a format similar to the Couch-Up round on "Couch Potatoes." Buzzing in stops a randomizer on an amount of money, which the question is now worth. That gimmick I actually like, but as an ending to the game, it's a far cry from the excitement of the 60 second speed round.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

BrandonFG

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2007, 02:28:11 AM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'159458\' date=\'Aug 3 2007, 01:59 AM\']
I'm surprised nobody who's tried out has spoken up. The way I had the pilot explained to me by a potential contestant...there was no straight trivia. Either a clock was running or there was another gimmick. In this pilot, there was no fame game board, just a cash-on-the-score reward for solving it.
[/quote]

I can only hope someone popped in a tape of the Aussie Temptation, and showed them that they're making changes for the sake of making changes.

After the final speed round, there were five more questions in a format similar to the Couch-Up round on "Couch Potatoes." Buzzing in stops a randomizer on an amount of money, which the question is now worth. That gimmick I actually like, but as an ending to the game, it's a far cry from the excitement of the 60 second speed round.

It's interesting, but it sounds like they're trying to do too much with a basic format. I don't mind changes, but when you start just adding stuff on G.P., you get a mess. I really hope they went closer to what Alex described.

BMaurice06

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 03:24:05 AM »
I know the show hasn't aired yet, but now my anticipation for this show is at a dangerous low after hearing all of this.  I'm not ashamed to reveal my immense skepticism with their hosting selection; that I can hopefully forgive.  But why couldn't they just follow the current format of Aussie Temptation and see where THAT goes before they made gradual changes?  All of the major tweaks they made just seem too sudden and forced and I fear could make the game more complicated; it's bad enough they're actually putting in "home shopping" segments!  Our versions of WWTBAM and DOND mostly have stayed true to their overseas formats and have been successful; why couldn't they do that with Temptation and make it at least a respectable game?

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 03:34:44 AM »
Before the changes were posted, my expectations were fairly high.  Now they've been lowered just a bit.  It'll be intresting to see how the changes affect the game in any way shape or form.

It's nice to see that there may be some shopping incorporated at the end of the show.  The Knockoff/Wipeout format still needs to be ironed out.  If it provides risk-taking & challenges, that's fine by me.  What I don't want is a rehash of the Winner's Big Money Game.

Intresting that $995 will be what you need for a car.  That can only get you a nice Pontiac or a Mercury Villager or whatever car they have.  It's not the same as risking all the shopping money you earned($750 in its heyday) for the entire Lot, still it'll be fun to see how far players take their accounts.