Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Pyramid  (Read 7284 times)

Shredder

Pyramid
« on: June 18, 2003, 09:37:52 AM »
Does anyone have the schedule for guests in June/July?  I need to know when Bruce Goldburg is making an appearance..

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Pyramid
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2003, 11:24:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 06:37 AM\'] I need to know when Bruce Goldburg is making an appearance..
 [/quote]
 At the risk of having to turn in my Pop Culture membership card, who's Bruce Goldburg?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Shredder

Pyramid
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2003, 11:58:48 AM »
Heh, NY Radio Show Producer, start of his own Radio Game SHow, 'Beat the Brucer'..

clemon79

Pyramid
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 01:34:38 PM »
[quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 08:58 AM\'] Heh, NY Radio Show Producer, start of his own Radio Game SHow, 'Beat the Brucer'.. [/quote]
 And he's booked on PYRAMID? Holy \"D\" List, Batman!

Gawd, if this is the caliber of celebrity they're looking for, maybe they'll call ME to be a guest. Of course, with my luck, they'll put me up against Hal Sparks, who had better have the game down pat by now having been on it something like 15 weeks.

BrandonFG

Pyramid
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 01:39:18 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 12:34 PM\'] [quote name=\'Shredder\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 08:58 AM\'] Heh, NY Radio Show Producer, start of his own Radio Game SHow, 'Beat the Brucer'.. [/quote]
And he's booked on PYRAMID? Holy "D" List, Batman!

Gawd, if this is the caliber of celebrity they're looking for, maybe they'll call ME to be a guest. Of course, with my luck, they'll put me up against Hal Sparks, who had better have the game down pat by now having been on it something like 15 weeks. [/quote]
 If I'm not mistaken, didn't they have some sort of Radio DJs week earlier in the season? At least, I thought this was the show where I caught a DJ week.  Of course, if not, then yes, this is pretty damn low on the totem pole, lower than Henry Polic II. :-P
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

Pyramid
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 01:58:56 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jun 18 2003, 10:39 AM\'] If I'm not mistaken, didn't they have some sort of Radio DJs week earlier in the season?
 [/quote]
 Even then, here is a list of nationally recognized DJ's / radio personalities:

Howard Stern, Don Imus, Danny Bonaduce, Mark Thompson & Brian Phelps (actually, Mark & Brian playing against each other would be a cool show), Adam Corolla and Dr. Drew Pinsky, Rush Limbaugh, and MAYBE Tom Leykis. Once you start getting into the Mancow Mullers of the business, you're going downhill fast.

I've never even HEARD of this Goldburg fellow, and I'm at least close enough to the industry that if he was any kind of a major player at all, I would have.

PeterMarshallFan

Pyramid
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 03:55:13 PM »
There was an interesting article in the paper awhile back mentioning that

A) He's on a 55 game winning streak on his radio quiz show

B) He won $2,700 on Jackpot in '74

C) He won on Whew

D) He won on Blockbusters

I'd venture a guess that he's pretty bright.

Shredder

Pyramid
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 04:14:26 PM »
Heh, they'd of had him on Jeapordy instead of Pyramid, but since they are an ABC owned station, this isn't possible.  A 'Celebrity' version, perhaps,  but not sure on the rules of such contestant submissions.
And if anyone wants, I can upload a segment of the Quiz show if anyone is curious.  Their always looking for a trivia nut to try and beat him.  

I'm getting sick of him winning myself, heh, but I've been told that this Pyramid appearance is sometime in July.

Now I just need a guest list.

uncamark

Pyramid
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2003, 04:23:44 PM »
Even then, here is a list of nationally recognized DJ's / radio personalities:

Howard Stern, Don Imus, Danny Bonaduce, Mark Thompson & Brian Phelps (actually, Mark & Brian playing against each other would be a cool show), Adam Corolla and Dr. Drew Pinsky, Rush Limbaugh, and MAYBE Tom Leykis. Once you start getting into the Mancow Mullers of the business, you're going downhill fast.

And thanks to his \"AI\" and \"AJ\" gig (and his upcoming daily talk show gig), we have to add Star 97 LA's Ryan Seacrest to the list, even if we don't want to.

But I refuse to add Valentine or Clear Channel's champion voice tracker Randi West.

And note that I didn't say Dunkelman.  Take that, Dalton Ross.

bellbm

Pyramid
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2003, 05:11:36 PM »
I think Bruce Goldberg used to work on American Top 40.

Neumms

Pyramid
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2003, 06:29:22 PM »
Since the issue of \"Pyramid's\" guest list came up, let me fire this out there for discussion: Since the celebrities are in large part Hal Sparks and radio deejays, wouldn't the show be better off without them?

They haven't been able to draw decent stars since the 70s, so it's not as if that's a big part of the appeal. And they could still do a celebrity-partner week once in a while, whenever Betty White, Dick Clark or Vicki Lawrence happen to be driving by on taping day.

It would be more exciting to me to see a family pair (or \"Lingo\"-style team) celebrating a big win, you wouldn't have celebrities to blame for lousy clues, and think what they could do with all the time spent explaining what exactly qualifies the \"celebrity\" as a celebrity.

Jimmy Owen

Pyramid
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2003, 07:22:19 PM »
Wasn't the problem with having family or friends partnered that they could be too familiar.  Clues like \"Uncle George works in a...\" or \"The first name of our cousin in Oregon..\" etc.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

Pyramid
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2003, 08:47:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jun 28 2003, 04:22 PM\'] Wasn't the problem with having family or friends partnered that they could be too familiar.  Clues like "Uncle George works in a..." or "The first name of our cousin in Oregon.." etc. [/quote]
 Exactly. The LAST thing you want is two people playing that game that know each other well. All of the \"inside\" clues would make for horrendously bad television.

zachhoran

Pyramid
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2003, 09:15:23 PM »
Such a scenario Chris and Jimmy describe is what didn't help the family pair episodes of Pyramid tried in 1979.

Neumms

Pyramid
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2003, 01:10:25 AM »
I hadn't seen the family pair episodes, so thanks for pointing that out.

Well, what about teaming up two total strangers, as on \"You Bet Your Life\"? They could switch strangers after the first round. Or what if they were strangers but had the same job, as on \"Hot Potato\"? Or what if they got sort of creative? Stay-at-home moms versus stay-at-home dads? Bald guys versus toupee wearers? Blonde versus brunette week?

I'd go for anything to keep them from inviting Leeza Gibbons back. But what do you think of it?