Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Changes you'd like to see  (Read 39749 times)

Chelsea Thrasher

Changes you'd like to see
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2007, 12:21:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'158526\' date=\'Jul 24 2007, 11:09 PM\'] What's the association between music and furs then?  (The superset IS the connection) [/quote]

Except that the portion of your post to which I was initially replying doesn't mention the music at all, and even after multiple re-reads it still doesn't appear to have anything to do with music.  You don't bring that in until later.
-----
That said, stopping the usage of music cues just because a cue was used with a fur prize on the April 27, 1973 episode strikes me as wholly absurd - though it does seem to fit Barker's pattern of behavior where furs are concerned.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 12:22:09 AM by Seth Thrasher »

BrandonFG

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2007, 12:42:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'158526\' date=\'Jul 25 2007, 12:09 AM\']
What's the association between music and furs then?  And please don't tell me you made a Venn diagram specifically for this argument.
[/quote]
Say what?!

Bob is adamantly against awarding furs on TPiR. You know that.
Cues commonly used for furs obviously struck a nerve with Bob.
Therefore, Bob didn't want to use cues that strike such a nerve.

/Why do I feel like a math teacher?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

rebelwrest

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2007, 01:16:53 AM »
I wonder since that the show is getting a new host, will the producers think about getting a permanent set of models.  Since the new host will probably not be in the affairs of the models, maybe some camaderie between Drew and the models will be good for the show.  

I'm betting that on the first day of taping with Drew as host, there will be a big conference with the staff on how the history of lawsuits, egos, and personal firings is over, and that a new leaf has been turned.

Second question: What is the history of Roger and the models?
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2007, 01:36:19 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'158519\' date=\'Jul 24 2007, 08:18 PM\']
Jewelery is akin to high luxury and high luxury often includes furs, so does that mean Price shouldn't have had jewelery?

I can understand cues getting retired because they sound old, but I don't think the audience is so Palovian that they would associate Cue 10238A to specifically a fur.[/quote]
I can send you Barker's home address and you can ask him to send you a letter explaining his reasoning.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2007, 01:45:27 AM »
My guess is that they now use daily-hire models as opposed to models who had personal-services contracts as in days of old.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 01:53:44 AM by chris319 »

HYHYBT

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2007, 05:37:13 AM »
It makes sense anyway: if for some reason they couldn't give away cars anymore, would you expect they'd drop most of the car cues too, or should they use them to introduce day beds and popcorn carts? If Cliffhangers were retired, should they save the yodelling for the next cookoo clock up for bids? Actually that one might work....
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

tpirfan28

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2007, 12:12:11 PM »
I've come up with a couple different scenarios I'd want to see play out:

1) Relieve Stan Blits of contestant coordinator duties, fire Rich Fields, make Roger EP, then leave the rest of the show as-is.  In that order.

2) Change the set back to 1972.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

uncamark

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2007, 12:20:33 PM »
As many of you may've already heard, Drew is going to do the "help control the pet population" signoff.  Aside from that, I agree with you all that he shouldn't carry over any of Barker's schticks.

Well, maybe he should do the inspiration putt the first time he does Hole-in-One.  If he makes it, he keeps doing it until he wants to stop.  If he doesn't, no more.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2007, 01:01:23 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'158697\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 09:20 AM\']
Well, maybe he should do the inspiration putt the first time he does Hole-in-One.  If he makes it, he keeps doing it until he wants to stop.  If he doesn't, no more.
[/quote]
No pressure or anything.

The Inspiration Putt thing is simple: does Drew Carey play golf? (I think the answer to that, by the way, is no...he seems to spend as much of his free time as he can pursuing his soccer photography, which is cool as he's quite good at it.) Anyhow, if he doesn't, he shouldn't be doing it. Simple.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2007, 01:09:43 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'158706\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 01:01 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'158697\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 09:20 AM\']
[/quote]
No pressure or anything.

The Inspiration Putt thing is simple: does Drew Carey play golf? (I think the answer to that, by the way, is no...he seems to spend as much of his free time as he can pursuing his soccer photography, which is cool as he's quite good at it.) Anyhow, if he doesn't, he shouldn't be doing it. Simple.
[/quote]

I didn't know that about Drew.  That gives me an idea for a new game. "Net Worth" where the object is to kick a soccer ball into a net.  The more small items you get right, the larger your net becomes.  Drew could do an inspiration kick and David Beckham could make an appearance.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2007, 04:10:00 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'158696\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 12:12 PM\']2) Change the set back to 1972.[/quote]
Really? With everything in that lovely shade of '70s Kitchen Appliance Brown?
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

bandit_bobby

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2007, 05:58:32 PM »
There is no doubt in my mind that the daytime show needs to start using the six-digit Showcase podiums from the MDSs.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2007, 06:07:18 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'158744\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 02:58 PM\']
There is no doubt in my mind that the daytime show needs to start using the six-digit Showcase podiums from the MDSs.
[/quote]
There is no doubt in my mind that you're....wait, no, I don't want to experience bannination.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2007, 06:09:23 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'158744\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 05:58 PM\']
[/quote]

Why? For what purpose? (I know I won't get an answer)

[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'158708\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 01:09 PM\']
That gives me an idea for a new game. "Net Worth" where the object is to kick a soccer ball into a net. The more small items you get right, the larger your net becomes.
[/quote]

They could just revive "On the Nose" and add soccer as one of the events on "The Price is Right athletic field."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 06:11:31 PM by NicholasM79 »

Neumms

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2007, 06:12:28 PM »
[quote name=\'bandit_bobby\' post=\'158744\' date=\'Jul 26 2007, 04:58 PM\']
[/quote]

There's no doubt in my mind they should build attractive new ones. That's actually one place where monitors might work on TPIR, just because they could put up the prizes and do a nifty reveal on the bid difference. But if that's blasphemy, then do the eggcrates on much better looking lecturns.

And somebody with the show should at least look at the 70s set, because, despite the poopy brown, it looked much more tasteful than today's. They didn't have stars all over everything, for starters.