Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Changes you'd like to see  (Read 39342 times)

TimK2003

Changes you'd like to see
« Reply #180 on: August 04, 2007, 10:46:05 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'159580\' date=\'Aug 4 2007, 03:58 PM\']
It's too late to pick only people who aren't wearing those shirts: it doesn't look like they even *have* nine per show without them anymore, and they couldn't pick based on that alone.

[/quote]

But now that they went to e-ticketing instead of the old CBS paper tickets, they theoretically have more space to list do's and dont's on the e-tickets -- one of which could be listed in [color=\"#FF0000\"]BIG-ASS RED LETTERING[/color] that (Homemade) T-Shirts are not permitted in the studio or will not be considered for the contestant pool.

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #181 on: August 05, 2007, 11:39:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'159624\' date=\'Aug 4 2007, 10:46 PM\']
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'159580\' date=\'Aug 4 2007, 03:58 PM\']
It's too late to pick only people who aren't wearing those shirts: it doesn't look like they even *have* nine per show without them anymore, and they couldn't pick based on that alone.
[/quote]
But now that they went to e-ticketing instead of the old CBS paper tickets, they theoretically have more space to list do's and dont's on the e-tickets -- one of which could be listed in [color=\"#FF0000\"]BIG-ASS RED LETTERING[/color] that (Homemade) T-Shirts are not permitted in the studio or will not be considered for the contestant pool.
[/quote]
They're still issuing regular tickets, as well, though, so that wouldn't get anywhere close to eliminating the shirts.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:40:37 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

HYHYBT

« Reply #182 on: August 06, 2007, 12:30:56 AM »
The WOF score readouts are flat screen TV/monitors. You just can't see the rest of it because it's blocked.
Yes, thank you, I know that. That's exactly my point.
Yes, but the WOF displays have empty space to extend into, while the PIR ones appear to rest on the permanent floor.
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #183 on: August 06, 2007, 12:36:32 AM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'159744\' date=\'Aug 5 2007, 09:30 PM\']
Yes, but the WOF displays have empty space to extend into, while the PIR ones appear to rest on the permanent floor.
[/quote]
This is where we get familiar with the concept of a "set redesign."
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #184 on: August 06, 2007, 02:46:41 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'159745\' date=\'Aug 5 2007, 09:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'159744\' date=\'Aug 5 2007, 09:30 PM\']
[/quote]
This is where we get familiar with the concept of a "set redesign."
[/quote]
Not to mention the ever-popular "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

clemon79

« Reply #185 on: August 06, 2007, 04:19:58 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'159748\' date=\'Aug 5 2007, 11:46 PM\']
Not to mention the ever-popular "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
[/quote]
Well, yes. But HYHYBT was ruling flatscreens out based on the current design, and I was merely mentioning that if they wanted to put in flatscreen monitors, they absolutely can make it happen somehow.

Do I think they SHOULD? Christ no.

HYHYBT

« Reply #186 on: August 06, 2007, 12:58:19 PM »
I'm not trying to say that it couldn't be done, only that it couldn't be done nearly as unobtrusively as Wheel did. Monitor-shaped 4-or-5-digit displays just look bad: either you have too much empty space or you make the font much too tall. Moving the displays off the stage would (I imagine, making no claims either to have seen the area in question in person or to any other special knowledge) require some sort of support on the audience side so they wouldn't tip over and which the contestants would trip on.

It could still be done... but why bother as long as they can keep the old displays working and reasonably decent-looking?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

clemon79

« Reply #187 on: August 06, 2007, 01:10:26 PM »
[quote name=\'HYHYBT\' post=\'159782\' date=\'Aug 6 2007, 09:58 AM\']
I'm not trying to say that it couldn't be done, only that it couldn't be done nearly as unobtrusively as Wheel did.
[/quote]
I think you're wrong here.
Monitor-shaped 4-or-5-digit displays just look bad: either you have too much empty space or you make the font much too tall.
Don't disagree.
Moving the displays off the stage would (I imagine, making no claims either to have seen the area in question in person or to any other special knowledge) require some sort of support on the audience side so they wouldn't tip over and which the contestants would trip on.
I have to think the prop people could figure SOMETHING out. And it's your "I imagine" that I think bolsters my case. I haven't seen it either, but I'm inclined to err on the side of "the CBS prop people are friggin' good, that's why they work at the network, it would happen."
It could still be done... but why bother as long as they can keep the old displays working and reasonably decent-looking?
Also don't disagree here.