Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Drew Carey confirms he's the new host of TPIR  (Read 13336 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Drew Carey confirms he's the new host of TPIR
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2007, 06:14:25 PM »
Nothing I've read so far would suggest that Drew will be executive producer. If that is the case, it's a very good thing.

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2007, 06:17:37 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'158319\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 06:14 PM\']
Nothing I've read so far would suggest that Drew will be executive producer. If that is the case, it's a very good thing.
[/quote]
Two questions:
1. Does Drew have the authority to get EP clout? Just wondering since he's technically the FNG among game show producing vets.
1.5. Then again, Rosie had her ideas as well...
2. Would Dobkowitz be the likely EP candidate, given his tenure?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2007, 06:30:03 PM »
I don't know about Drew's clout, but I've known Roger for 32 years (since before I went to work for G-T) and he MORE THAN deserves to become E.P.

bandit_bobby

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2007, 06:30:11 PM »
I guess CBS must have liked his work on "Power of 10" while he was taping it. We'll see if "TPIR" or "Power of 10" works better for Drew Carey.

TimK2003

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2007, 06:46:58 PM »
If anyone can associate with the college crowd that seems to be the majority of the audience of late, Drew is the perfect candidate!  

Maybe now, we'll see more younger-skewing commercials and less of Wilford Brimley and his travelling      DI-A-BEE-TISS show. :-)

<Rich Fields>  "Contestants not appearing on stage will receive....Buzz Beer!!!" </RF>

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2007, 06:54:16 PM »
less of Wilford Brimley and his travelling DI-A-BEE-TISS show
Dear Lord, one can only hope. And we could do with a lot fewer ads for mobility scooters.

Timsterino

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2007, 07:15:56 PM »
Good choice, I look forward to seeing how this pans out. I am a Todd Newton fan as well and hope someone wakes up and gives him a gig (when one opens).

Neumms

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2007, 07:15:56 PM »
One interesting thing about the choice is how far Drew is from the prototype game show host, that is, he's no Rossi as far as the looks go. Will girls still want to get on stage and kiss him? Or hug him, now that there's much less danger of breaking the host in half? Or will it be the Louie Anderson handshake?

The Pyramids

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2007, 07:35:55 PM »
I've never seen the 'Drew Carey Show' and despite being a late night viewer I can't recall right now any of his stand-up appearances of years past so I really don't know what to say. I feel bad for Todd Newton, but I do like Carey's statement about how 'TPIR' is the longest running game show in history and that he plans to keep it that way.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2007, 08:01:19 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'158336\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 04:15 PM\']
Will girls still want to get on stage and kiss him? Or hug him, now that there's much less danger of breaking the host in half?
[/quote]
Honestly, I don't see why not. I've never met anyone who has actively disliked Drew Carey, and the aura he gives off on stage is the warm, welcoming teddy bear.

He's gonna get more ass than a toilet seat. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davemackey

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 08:14:41 PM »
I'm good with Drew Carey. It's going to take some time for him to break in, but once he does I think he's gonna make that show sing. And I think he's going to be a less-threatening presence than Emperor Bob.

BrandonFG

« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 08:15:44 PM »
[quote name=\'PaulD\' post=\'158342\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 07:35 PM\']
I feel bad for Todd Newton...
[/quote]
I wouldn't go as far as to say I feel bad for him. He's a talented host, and I think he'll get a nice little gig. He's what, 37 or so? He still has plenty of time to establish himself further. A lot of hosts were in their 40s when they got their most memorable gigs (see Trebek, Alex and Bergeron, Tom).

If anything, I think his name simply having been in the running might raise a few eyebrows for future show considerations.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Mike Tennant

« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 08:29:46 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'158310\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 05:59 PM\']
If you ever consider adding more daytime games (longshot)[/quote]
They're bringing back Whew!?

To get back to the topic, I'm more than willing to give Drew a shot--and I am a huge Bob Barker fan (but not a fanboi, I hope).  He certainly sounds like a better choice than some of the other possibilities.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 09:44:11 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'158311\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 04:59 PM\']
(Funny thing is, this is the second Drew Carey Show star to star in a CBS program. What's next, "The Late Show with Ryan Stiles"?)
[/quote]
Way to kick Letterman to the curb.  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 10:06:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Casey Buck\' post=\'158303\' date=\'Jul 23 2007, 05:46 PM\']
WLS ABC7 in Chicago also has the same AP article.

Boy, what a bad time for golden-road.net to be down...
[/quote]

Are they down or did they decide to cease operations?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.