Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Without Prejudice  (Read 8839 times)

xavier45

Without Prejudice
« on: July 03, 2007, 09:09:00 PM »
Well on GSN's site they have a preview of the first 11 minutes of the first episode of Without Predudice. And all I can say is this looks Great. Everything the panel said I agreed with them. This is a must see for me.

And this also could be nothing but good for the network. Since it is so controversial, the news will be all over this. Then people may hear about it and say "Hey this looks interesting" and then more people would tune in. We will see what happens on the 17th.

Jimmy Owen

Without Prejudice
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 12:50:08 AM »
Maybe we should approach this without prejudice.  Let's wait until the show actually airs before calling it a hit.  The first half-hour of "The Honeymoon Game" looked good, too.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Without Prejudice
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 01:04:48 AM »
I'd agree with you, but the rounds are essentially the same, except with increasing amounts of information.

Wonder how opinions will differ between Camo and WP on that aspect...
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Without Prejudice
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 04:13:04 AM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'156634\' date=\'Jul 3 2007, 06:09 PM\']
Well on GSN's site they have a preview of the first 11 minutes of the first episode of Without Predudice. And all I can say is this looks Great. Everything the panel said I agreed with them. This is a must see for me.
[/quote]
So, wait, it's great because a panel shares the same personal views you do?

Wow.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 04:13:43 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

Without Prejudice
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 06:31:27 AM »
Our Brit version was a fascinating show to be sure, but I don't think it's going to play well to the average game show fan, on this board at any rate.

I watched the preview of your version, the host is quite irritating, but I think the panellists and contestants are quite an interesting reflection on American society.

Several of our panellists were on the panel for several episodes. Is it going to be the same over there?

Brig Bother

Without Prejudice
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 06:57:30 PM »
Actually on reflection, I say "interesting", I probably mean "a bit obvious and unsubtle really."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Without Prejudice
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 07:35:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'156646\' date=\'Jul 3 2007, 10:04 PM\']I'd agree with you, but the rounds are essentially the same, except with increasing amounts of information.

Wonder how opinions will differ between Camo and WP on that aspect...[/quote]On the face of it? Camouflage is at least a meritocracy. Without Prejudice is probably interesting in the same way that Unanimous tried to be; in the arguing of the Anointed Group of deciding which of the beggars is not worthy enough to make it to the next round.

An hour and a half of people deciding who to give money to? Oy.
Travis L. Eberle

uncamark

Without Prejudice
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 12:52:12 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'156669\' date=\'Jul 4 2007, 06:35 PM\']
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'156646\' date=\'Jul 3 2007, 10:04 PM\']I'd agree with you, but the rounds are essentially the same, except with increasing amounts of information.

Wonder how opinions will differ between Camo and WP on that aspect...[/quote]On the face of it? Camouflage is at least a meritocracy. Without Prejudice is probably interesting in the same way that Unanimous tried to be; in the arguing of the Anointed Group of deciding which of the beggars is not worthy enough to make it to the next round.

An hour and a half of people deciding who to give money to? Oy.
[/quote]

BBCA aired the UK version a few years ago (with an American voice replacing the UK voice-over announcer).  Interesting, but I didn't stick with the whole run--and that was with Liza Tarbuck, a lady I like a lot, hosting.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Without Prejudice
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 01:01:30 PM »
[quote name=\'xavier45\' post=\'156634\' date=\'Jul 3 2007, 09:09 PM\']
Well on GSN's site they have a preview of the first 11 minutes of the first episode of Without Predudice. And all I can say is this looks Great. And this also could be nothing but good.[/quote]

There, fixed that.

I refuse to watch this show.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

tvwxman

Without Prejudice
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 03:32:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'156646\' date=\'Jul 4 2007, 01:04 AM\']
I'd agree with you, but the rounds are essentially the same, except with increasing amounts of information.
[/quote]
I absolutely can't forsee watching 90 minutes of this. 11 minutes on a website, okay, but to stretch it out that long reeks of desperation to fill a slot of prime time, and reeks of lazy editing (hey , I don't want to cut this down to 60 minutes. Fine, then don't! We'll just air 90!)

Thank Gawd xavier45 doesn't program my tivo.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

Without Prejudice
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 03:34:43 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'156738\' date=\'Jul 5 2007, 12:32 PM\']
Thank Gawd xavier45 doesn't program my tivo.
[/quote]
There are some days when I wonder if he *did*.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
Without Prejudice
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 04:55:06 PM »
[quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'156738\' date=\'Jul 5 2007, 03:32 PM\']I absolutely can't forsee watching 90 minutes of this. 11 minutes on a website, okay, but to stretch it out that long reeks of desperation to fill a slot of prime time, and reeks of lazy editing (hey , I don't want to cut this down to 60 minutes. Fine, then don't! We'll just air 90!)[/quote]

To the show's defense, there are some parts that could warrant a longer time slot (day-in-the-life footage, Player-panel Q&A, roundtable discussion).  I know that people would be up in arms if this were a 22-minute program with everything and the sink being cut out to make time.  However, 90 minutes is probably 30 too many, and I don't even want to begin to think how long it takes to tape an episode.

I'm also wondering how many people are being turned off to this now just because xavier45 likes it.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 04:55:20 PM by Joe Mello »
This signature is currently under construction.

itiparanoid13

Without Prejudice
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2007, 05:24:24 PM »
The premiere is the only 90 minute episode.  The rest are 60 minutes.

clemon79

Without Prejudice
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007, 05:59:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'156741\' date=\'Jul 5 2007, 01:55 PM\']
I'm also wondering how many people are being turned off to this now just because xavier45 likes it.
[/quote]
Not at all, and I'll even watch it at least once to judge for myself. However, "I liked the show because I agreed with all of the comments the contestants made" is an eye-rollingly bad defense of his opinion.

There may be other reasons he liked it. They might even be reasonable ones. He didn't cite them.

mariorice

Without Prejudice
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »
There’s this new online Zogby poll/survey on GSN.com to hype the new show, “Without Prejudice?” that basically measures the extent of your prejudices. It’s surprising what some of the panelists on the show say. They bash the others for being a certain race or things they’ve done. You should check it out; it’s pretty interesting. Check out the survey at gsn.com/withoutprejudice.