Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yet another TPiR host candidate  (Read 11302 times)

ITSBRY

Yet another TPiR host candidate
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 09:19:37 PM »
[quote name=\'TheLastResort\' post=\'155724\' date=\'Jun 21 2007, 05:14 AM\']
Did somebody mention Wilford Brimley?????
[/quote]

What did the world do before YouTube? That is fan-freakin-tastic. :)

rebelwrest

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 10:58:49 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'155771\' date=\'Jun 21 2007, 03:31 PM\']
As usual, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Considering he had a weekly sitcom and improv show than ran concurrently, I think he can handle multi-tasking. The biggest issue would be flying from coast to coast, and other hosts proved it's possible (see Clark, Richard and Rayburn, Gene, and Bergeron, Thomas).
[/quote]

You left out one big example: Perry, Jim.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

HYHYBT

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2007, 11:49:43 PM »
I don't know, seems like "completely unsuitable for the job" is a much bigger issue than "would have a long commute".
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2007, 06:28:29 AM »
Wasn't there a time where Bill Cullen was commuting from NYC for "Pyramid", LA for "Love Experts" and Columbus for "How Do You Like Your Eggs?"?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Tim L

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2007, 12:16:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'155881\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 06:28 AM\']
Wasn't there a time where Bill Cullen was commuting from NYC for "Pyramid", LA for "Love Experts" and Columbus for "How Do You Like Your Eggs?"?
[/quote]

Although that may have been possible, "Eggs" was produced in a single week in 1977..Which would have made it just one trip to Columbus for Bill..According to Matt Ottinger's page for the show.I find it interesting that Bill would take on an "experimental" show like that..And receive a gift of a "Pong" game?

http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/cullen/shows/howeggs.html

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2007, 12:26:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Tim L\' post=\'155886\' date=\'Jun 23 2007, 09:16 AM\']I find it interesting that Bill would take on an "experimental" show like that..And receive a gift of a "Pong" game?[/quote]If all of the game show hosts were pals, he could have regifted it to Geoff.

Come to think of it, maybe that's where the bug got him...
Travis L. Eberle

BMaurice06

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 03:28:01 PM »
Okay, first Katie Couric turns out to be a mismatch for the Evening News, now this?!?  Rosie was bad enough, but I REFUSE to picture the star of "Who's Line is it Anyway" following in Bob Barker's footsteps!!!

uncamark

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 04:44:09 PM »
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'156005\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 02:28 PM\']
Okay, first Katie Couric turns out to be a mismatch for the Evening News, now this?!?  Rosie was bad enough, but I REFUSE to picture the star of "Who's Line is it Anyway" following in Bob Barker's footsteps!!!
[/quote]

How could Drew be worse than Rosie?  He may hang out with strippers, but it's not exactly like Barker had immaculate morals.  And at least he keeps his politics to himself (I believe he leans to the right but is more libertarian), for the most part.  I would have the same objections I had to Rosie if Bill O'Reilly was under consideration for "TPIR."

How about watching the guy on "Power of 10" before making such a pronouncement?

BrandonFG

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 05:07:27 PM »
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'156005\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 03:28 PM\']
[/quote]
I'm sorry, but will you please take a chill pill? Your fanb0ish whining about everything is really getting annoying. Not that CBS really cares about you not liking their decision.

Honestly, do you like ANY hosting decisions, since you seem to always have so many suggestions on who should host a show?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 05:07:56 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Robert Hutchinson

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 05:36:31 PM »
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'156005\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 03:28 PM\']Okay, first Katie Couric turns out to be a mismatch for the Evening News, now this?!?  Rosie was bad enough, but I REFUSE to picture the star of "Who's Line is it Anyway" following in Bob Barker's footsteps!!![/quote]
I won't have you speak that way about Clive.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

kenbob_clarker

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'156031\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 04:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'156005\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 03:28 PM\']Okay, first Katie Couric turns out to be a mismatch for the Evening News, now this?!?  Rosie was bad enough, but I REFUSE to picture the star of "Who's Line is it Anyway" following in Bob Barker's footsteps!!![/quote]
I won't have you speak that way about Clive.
[/quote]
Clive Anderson...?  Now that makes one think...
John 3:16.  The best news you'll ever read.

saussage

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2007, 09:01:17 PM »
I think it's fine time to sit back and relax with a big bowl of oatmeal :) Mmmmmmmm!!!

Now everyone thinks that people good for the job are either too old or are dead. Here's 2 people I'll throw in the pot:

1) Doug Davidson (hosted TPIR 94). Could he be better this time around? Haven't seen him in a while.
2) Todd Newton (Did the TPIR DVD game but was he any good at it? Sorry, never bought it.)

At least there's some TPIR experience (yeah but Todd Newton doing it via green screen doesn't account for much I guess).
Don't think too hard... you might give yourself a headache.

Don Howard

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2007, 09:12:24 PM »
[quote name=\'BMaurice06\' post=\'156005\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 03:28 PM\']
Okay, first Katie Couric turns out to be a mismatch for the Evening News, now this?!?[/quote]
Yes, but Roger Mudd and Morton Dean are too old and Charles Kuralt too dead.
I know this could never happen, but I can't get the idea from my head of Joe Franklin being given a TPiR audition. I can only imagine how The King of Nostalgia would handle the hosting chores:
"Here, my friends, is the Showcase Showdown wheel, which debuted on this stage in 1975 shortly after the show was sadly moved from its late afternoon time period on the CBS Television Network".
Tom Snyder could do that, too, I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 09:14:15 PM by Don Howard »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2007, 09:23:16 PM »
"Carey's Cuties," anyone?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
[quote name=\'saussage\' post=\'156052\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 06:01 PM\']
At least there's some TPIR experience (yeah but Todd Newton doing it via green screen doesn't account for much I guess).
[/quote]
How about "precisely nothing." Now, hosting the stage show, that's something. But doing the DVD is exactly zero game-show experience. That's acting experience. Which you don't want your host doing.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe