Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WWTBAM Audition Question....  (Read 2424 times)

WmLGage

WWTBAM Audition Question....
« on: June 13, 2007, 09:41:50 PM »
When I "auditioned" in New York recently, after all the test-passers' numbers had been announced and the also-rans had exited the room, the PA-in-charge, among other things, asked if anyone who had just passed the test had previously taken the same test. She said that we should be honest, because they keep records and would know one way or the other. No one answered yes, but I was left wondering what would have happened (1) if someone had piped up in the affirmative, and/or (2) if someone had taken the same test and failed to respond affirmatively when given the opportunity. And would it have made a difference if one had previously taken the same test and passed (or failed)?

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 12:07:32 AM »
As a casual observer, I do recall the host sometimes saying that a player had taken the test x times before, but only then did (s)he got the call, so I'm led to believe that the difference is minor, provided the problem isn't a character flaw.

As for telling the truth, I would like to believe that honesty reaps its own reward and vice versa.
This signature is currently under construction.

WmLGage

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:18:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'155127\' date=\'Jun 13 2007, 10:07 PM\']
As a casual observer, I do recall the host sometimes saying that a player had taken the test x times before, but only then did (s)he got the call, so I'm led to believe that the difference is minor, provided the problem isn't a character flaw.

As for telling the truth, I would like to believe that honesty reaps its own reward and vice versa.
[/quote]
Huh?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:05:46 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'155127\' date=\'Jun 13 2007, 09:07 PM\']
[/quote]
I think he's talking about a person receiving the exact same test, therefore giving them an unfair advantage.

WmLGage

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 08:35:35 AM »
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'155131\' date=\'Jun 13 2007, 11:05 PM\']
[/quote]
I think he's talking about a person receiving the exact same test, therefore giving them an unfair advantage.
[/quote]
Given my question, I have no idea what he's talking about.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 11:09:43 PM »
[quote name=\'WmLGage\' post=\'155139\' date=\'Jun 14 2007, 08:35 AM\']
[quote name=\'whoserman\' post=\'155131\' date=\'Jun 13 2007, 11:05 PM\']
[/quote]
[/quote]
Given my question, I have no idea what he's talking about.
[/quote]

Nor should you, because he totally missed your point.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 11:24:53 PM »
[quote name=\'WmLGage\' post=\'155119\' date=\'Jun 13 2007, 08:41 PM\'] When I "auditioned" in New York recently, after all the test-passers' numbers had been announced and the also-rans had exited the room, the PA-in-charge, among other things, asked if anyone who had just passed the test had previously taken the same test. She said that we should be honest, because they keep records and would know one way or the other. No one answered yes, but I was left wondering what would have happened (1) if someone had piped up in the affirmative, and/or (2) if someone had taken the same test and failed to respond affirmatively when given the opportunity. And would it have made a difference if one had previously taken the same test and passed (or failed)? [/quote]

More than likely, they either only change the test every so often, or they rotate through a few tests, allowing for the occasional repeat.  As such, anyone who took the test once could learn the question material, and re-take the same test and earn a higher score.  As such, anyone who *had* previously taken THAT specific test, at least within a given time frame, probably would have been removed from the applicant pool.