Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who is planning on going to see Bob's last show?  (Read 6406 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Who is planning on going to see Bob's last show?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2007, 12:51:54 AM »
[quote name=\'Esoteric Eric\' post=\'153957\' date=\'May 31 2007, 09:09 PM\']
Uh, there was a 76 station there until last year, Chris; IIRC, they're building a Silver Cloud Hotel on the property.
[/quote]
What? They closed down the Stadium Market? Shows you how long it's been since I've been to an M's game. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Don Howard

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2007, 08:49:44 AM »
If any of you live near Television City and could investigate for us, I'd be curious how long those lines are these days and what taping date(s) those people have tickets for.
Now, back to the discussion of gas station snacks, already in progress.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2007, 12:50:51 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'153954\' date=\'May 31 2007, 10:32 PM\']
That has got to be the only Exxon station in the world that makes more money selling snacks than gas.
[/quote]
I realize that there might be some sarcasm in this statement, but most gas stations make more selling items inside the store as opposed to gasoline.

Edit: Sentence fix
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 01:41:07 PM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2007, 01:25:56 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'154003\' date=\'Jun 1 2007, 12:50 PM\']
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'153954\' date=\'May 31 2007, 10:32 PM\']
That has got to be the only Exxon station in the world that makes more money selling snacks than gas.
[/quote]
I realize that there might be some sarcasm in this statement, but most gas stations make more many selling items inside the store as opposed to gasoline.
[/quote]

Okay, let me rephrase.  That has got to be the only Exxon station where more people walk in to buy snacks than to buy gas.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

jdhernandez

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2007, 04:31:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'153985\' date=\'Jun 1 2007, 07:49 AM\']
If any of you live near Television City and could investigate for us, I'd be curious how long those lines are these days and what taping date(s) those people have tickets for.
Now, back to the discussion of gas station snacks, already in progress.
[/quote]

I don't quite live near TV City... but I was close by the area after swing rehearsal (and finding cheap gas), and felt a little adventurous, so I did a little investigating.... and the lines....

....surprisingly aren't as long as I thought they would be.

There are two separate lines, instead of one right now, with it being a Monday.

One very long line is the line for the Monday 1:15 show, and others.
The other line is for the 4:30 show on Monday. The people at the front of both of those lines have waited since Saturday evening.
As of midnight, the line for the early Monday show had about 200-250 people. The line for the later show only had about 100-150 people.

Then there were the people waiting in line for the Tuesday and Wednesday shows. There were about 30-40 people for each day. SO, if you were to get in line right now for the Tuesday taping, you'll be guaranteed to be in the top 50 people. Same for the Wednesday finale.

Overall, the lines are not as bad as I thought. It is certainly busier than a normal taping week, but not as much as I thought it would be. However, I would still suggest to get in line fairly soon.... because you never know. :-p I've already enlisted people to investigate tomorrow afternoon/evening.... so we'll see how the lines go from there. Good evening, and if you're going to see the show.... good luck!

-Jitterbug Jason
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.