Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who is planning on going to see Bob's last show?  (Read 6403 times)

whewfan

Who is planning on going to see Bob's last show?
« on: May 27, 2007, 07:18:20 AM »
I am hoping to see Bob's last show on June 6. My brother and his wife wrote in for tickets, as I plan on going with Brian. As far as I know, the tickets have not arrived yet.

According to the CBS site, tickets ARE available at the ticket booth now for Bob's last show, but no e-tickets are available. Is it advisable that if tickets DON'T arrive by June 5th (the day we're leaving for LA and will arrive at CBS) that we should try to get the tickets at the ticket booth when we arrive at CBS? In theory, we SHOULD be able to if the CBS website says they're available.

If anyone on this group is going, look for me! You may have to look harder though, because I'll look quite different, for those who have met me.

Go to "http://www.geocities.com/mattkaiser.geo/kaiser.html" if you don't know what I am talking about.

whewfan

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2007, 08:27:37 PM »
I now have tickets for the last TPIR, and they're REGULAR tickets! I'll be waiting in line sometime after 6pm on June 5th!

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2007, 11:55:21 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'153535\' date=\'May 27 2007, 08:27 PM\']
I now have tickets for the last TPIR, and they're REGULAR tickets! I'll be waiting in line sometime after 6pm on June 5th!
[/quote]
I'd get there sooner than that if I were you.

snowpeck

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2007, 12:17:55 AM »
A LOT sooner.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

AZAndrewG

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 05:55:45 AM »
I will be going by virtue of a media credential.  I'll be covering the last show for Westwood One Radio Networks.  If any of you guys are going, I'll see you there.

By the way Matt -- congratulations on your weight loss!  I know how challenging losing weight can be.  I lost 180 lbs. following gastric bypass surgery, and I have since joined a bike racing team.

Andrew
For fast, affordable web design, log on to

AMG Web Design

whewfan

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2007, 06:22:49 AM »
I would get there sooner, but my plane arrives in LA a little after 6pm. It'll probably take an hour to check in bags and get dinner before heading out. Here's hoping there won't be 300+ people there by the time we arrive.

For the record, I lost the weight WITHOUT any surgery. Sometime I'd like to do another game show production. I was probably over 300 pounds when I did Whew! I weighed around 250 when I did my Match Game production way back in 2001.

It's likely quite a few of those hopeful audience members will have standbys, so for those going to see Bob's last show, good luck!

wheelloon

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 01:14:54 PM »
Not to beat a dead horse, I've brought this up before...

Gotta question for ya Matt. I ordered 4 tickets for June 6th's taping in early March, and I still haven't gotten mine yet (I can't expect I'll get them at this point), but when exactly did your brother order them? I wasn't gonna reserve a flight from coast to coast, either, unless I knew for certain I was gonna get there, by virtue of having received the tickets.

If I were to get them, my plan was to fly out and try to get to CBS studios that Monday (6/4), just because of the lines I'd expect, even then, I was wondering if that wouldn't be too late. It is Barker's last show, after all...

So, if ya can get there and get in, and I can't, may I wish ya the best of luck and win big! :)
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 09:22:05 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'153578\' date=\'May 28 2007, 06:22 AM\']
I would get there sooner, but my plane arrives in LA a little after 6pm.[/quote]

Book a different flight.

No, seriously.  I have a friend out there who just IM'd me that there are already 300 people in line for tomorrow's taping.  You show up next Tuesday at 6 PM, you aren't gettin' in.

dzinkin

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 09:28:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'153643\' date=\'May 28 2007, 09:22 PM\']
I have a friend out there who just IM'd me that there are already 300 people in line for tomorrow's taping.  You show up next Tuesday at 6 PM, you aren't gettin' in.
[/quote]
That does it.  I'm getting on line now for the first show with Barker's replacement.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:28:56 PM by dzinkin »

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 09:32:31 PM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'153644\' date=\'May 28 2007, 08:28 PM\']

That does it.  I'm getting on line now for the first show with Barker's replacement. [/quote]

Hope you're taking snacks - at the rate this host search is going the first show won't be taping until July 2011.  

/And if you didn't, I'm sure you can snag some Funyuns from someone in line.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 09:34:09 PM by Seth Thrasher »

dzinkin

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2007, 09:39:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'153645\' date=\'May 28 2007, 09:32 PM\']
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'153644\' date=\'May 28 2007, 08:28 PM\']

That does it.  I'm getting on line now for the first show with Barker's replacement. [/quote]

Hope you're taking snacks - at the rate this host search is going the first show won't be taping until July 2011.  

/And if you didn't, I'm sure you can snag some Funyuns from someone in line.
[/quote]
No prob.  Sleeping bag, bottle of water, Funyuns... yep, everything I need.

Card Shark

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 05:55:02 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'153644\' date=\'May 28 2007, 09:28 PM\']
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'153643\' date=\'May 28 2007, 09:22 PM\']
I have a friend out there who just IM'd me that there are already 300 people in line for tomorrow's taping.  You show up next Tuesday at 6 PM, you aren't gettin' in.
[/quote]
That does it.  I'm getting on line now for the first show with Barker's replacement.
[/quote]

Well, you'll need to pack a lunch because his replacement won't be announced until December. The execs are waiting for the right time.
Adam Strom

dzinkin

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 06:21:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'153661\' date=\'May 29 2007, 05:55 AM\']
Well, you'll need to pack a lunch because his replacement won't be announced until December. The execs are waiting for the right time.
[/quote]
All the more reason to get on line now.  Once the name is announced there will be a mob scene.

tpirfan28

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 08:20:14 AM »
[quote name=\'dzinkin\' post=\'153663\' date=\'May 29 2007, 06:21 AM\']
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'153661\' date=\'May 29 2007, 05:55 AM\']
[/quote]
All the more reason to get on line now.  Once the name is announced there will be a mob scene.
[/quote]I didn't realize that you were a Dave Price fan.

...or that there were that many Dave Price fans out there.

/joking.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 11:56:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' post=\'153661\' date=\'May 29 2007, 02:55 AM\']
[/quote]
Huh? And they're gonna air repeats between Barker's last show and then?

That really makes a lot of no sense.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe