Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN says Show Me....  (Read 11508 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 02:37:31 PM »
So is it five shows that actually aired on ABC and two that went unaired, for a total of seven episodes? Where do you suppose they got seven and two?

Hell, we used to tape TEN episodes of Password Plus at a time and they ALL aired (except for the George Peppard episode). Then we taped 10 more after that ... and THEY all aired. My mind is reeling.

Note to GSN management: I can fix you up with two low-mileage, English telenovela series, five episodes per week, hardly ever viewed.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 02:40:25 PM by chris319 »

Chelsea Thrasher

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2007, 02:49:39 PM »
So is it five shows that actually aired on ABC and two that went unaired, for a total of seven episodes? Where do you suppose they got seven and two?

There were seven shows total, so it was probably just confusion on whether the two episodes were in addition to, or included with, that 7 count.  

Note to GSN management: I can fix you up with two low-mileage, English telenovela series, five episodes per week, hardly ever viewed.

Hell, if they're this starved for programming, I've got a backlog of about 2 years of local cable access programs  they can air.  

It'd still be more entertaining than this.

Clay Zambo

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2007, 02:51:10 PM »
A little "Summer Replacement" action, anyone?  Run each one once, while you're working up something else to premiere in the fall, perhaps?
czambo@mac.com

davemackey

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2007, 03:39:26 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'153074\' date=\'May 22 2007, 02:51 PM\']
A little "Summer Replacement" action, anyone?  Run each one once, while you're working up something else to premiere in the fall, perhaps?
[/quote]
Naah. GSN is going to run this sucker into the ground till the tape wears out on its own.

Really bad pickup. Won't watch, unless I'm desperate.

tpirfan28

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2007, 03:45:37 PM »
I wonder how much they paid per episode for this.  But yet they won't go out and get something their message board people want.  (It's a stretch.  Try to go with it.)

And they wonder why we b****, moan, and complain (aka don't watch) GSN anymore.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'153080\' date=\'May 22 2007, 03:45 PM\']
I wonder how much they paid per episode for this.  But yet they won't go out and get something their message board people want.  (It's a stretch.  Try to go with it.)

[/quote]
Well, on one hand, of course they're not there to please us. Hell, if that were the case, they wouldn't squeeze credits. ;-)

On the other hand, I don't understand what there is to gain from this. People didn't watch it on ABC, why the hell are they gonna watch it now? At least "21" was a Top 20 show that NBC canceled prematurely. "Greed" won its timeslot on several occasions, and even "Super Millionaire" had respectable primetime ratings.

This pickup, I just don't understand.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

dzinkin

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2007, 03:53:05 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'153081\' date=\'May 22 2007, 03:50 PM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'153080\' date=\'May 22 2007, 03:45 PM\']

[/quote]
Well, on one hand, of course they're not there to please us. Hell, if that were the case, they wouldn't squeeze credits. ;-)
[/quote]
Not to mention that giving GSN's message board inhabitants what they want would be difficult for anyone without a master's degree in child psychology.

Chief-O

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 04:17:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Seth Thrasher\' post=\'153072\' date=\'May 22 2007, 01:49 PM\']
if they're this starved for programming, I've got a backlog of about 2 years of local cable access programs  they can air.  

It'd still be more entertaining than this.
[/quote]

That, or I could call the local university TV station and have them pull out the tapes of the game shows they did.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 04:18:07 PM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2007, 02:00:29 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'153052\' date=\'May 22 2007, 10:10 AM\']Y'know, I suggested a modification of the rules some time ago...[/quote]I was right there with you, but I think it needs something more than "These thirty squares hide money amounts from $1 and $50,000, a right answer wins you that amount, a wrong answer deducts it." Then again, what with the current climate, maybe you don't.

[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'153081\' date=\'May 22 2007, 12:50 PM\']This pickup, I just don't understand.
[/quote]So, the company that wouldn't lay out to run a single episode of TPIR has enough scratch to buy seven episodes of a show that did poorly; either GSN is bad at money management or ABC is cash-poor and was willing to take whatever they were given.

Even if GSN is going after the channel-surfers, this just seems wrong on many levels.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2007, 02:34:44 AM »
Or Matt is right, and Endemol foisted this off on them in a package deal for something they actually did want, like more Millionaire.

Or they're just high on freakin' crack.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

tpirfan28

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 07:46:58 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'153148\' date=\'May 23 2007, 02:34 AM\']
Or they're just high on freakin' crack.
[/quote]
They don't have Thousand Dollar Bee (yet)...so they'd be on lower-level addicting drugs. :)

EDIT: Why couldn't they pick up the Rich List from Fox, and then piggyback this, the Rich List, and Greed in a rotation?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 09:17:03 AM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Jimmy Owen

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 10:01:55 AM »
Someone said "The Rich List" would have been obligated to give away a huge amount of money if the shows had actually aired, which works against ever seeing it on GSN.  If the shows don't air, the contestants don't have to be paid. My guess is not as much money was given away on the two unaired SMTM eps.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 10:04:22 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

uncamark

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2007, 11:48:08 AM »
Also, Million Dollar Dancer Julianne Hough has been seen on ABC every Monday and Tuesday night for the last ten weeks as the partner of the winnah of "Dancing With the Stars" Cycle 4.

I know, outlandish, but I wouldn't be surprised about anything these days.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2007, 01:19:47 PM »
Or Matt is right, and Endemol foisted this off on them in a package deal for something they actually did want, like more Millionaire.

Or they're just high on freakin' crack.[/quote]

I don't remember Endemol ever being associated with Millionaire, so it's probably the latter.
This signature is currently under construction.

tpirfan28

GSN says Show Me....
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2007, 01:23:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'153181\' date=\'May 23 2007, 01:19 PM\']

Or they're just high on freakin' crack.[/quote]

I don't remember Endemol ever being associated with Millionaire, so it's probably the latter.
[/quote]
Unless.......

GSN wants Deal or No Deal repeats.  And Endemol is making them air this first.

(What other Endemol properties are there, anyway?)