Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Charles Nelson Reilly film in Toronto SATURDAY (5/19)  (Read 1364 times)

Blaq

Charles Nelson Reilly film in Toronto SATURDAY (5/19)
« on: May 18, 2007, 08:33:09 AM »
"When I saw this in the festival program, I creamed my... BLANK." (funky think music)

The film version of CNR's acclaimed autobiographical stage show is coming to Toronto tomorrow as part of our gay & lesbian film fest! Rejoice!

The film, which is getting 4- and 5-star reviews, expertly recounts CNR's hard-knocks life. If, in 1940, you had a lobotomized aunt, an institutionalized father, a racist mother, and were the only gay kid on the block, what do you think the odds would be that you'd end up a Tony winner, a staple of television, and a generational icon? This isn’t 87 minutes of Reilly the gay icon, Reilly as Jose Chung, or Reilly the flamboyant game show figurehead—this is Reilly the undervalued actor and teacher, the loving son and friend, the poor boy from the Bronx. "Well, it's that kind of show -- you think it was all going to be game shows?!?"

Tickets are available online and at the festival box office (Manulife Centre, Bloor & Bay) and the screening is just southwest of there, at the Isabel Bader Theatre. Screening details

The trailer can be found at http://www.charlesnelsonreilly.com/lifeofreillyvideo.htm, and I guarantee it'll make your day!

Now back to Match Game...

"When I saw this in the festival program, I creamed my... BLANK."

"...Coffee?" audience groans)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 11:16:54 AM »
MAN, I wish they'd just go ahead and put this thing on DVD for those of us who aren't near any real film festivals.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'152636\' date=\'May 18 2007, 10:16 AM\']
MAN, I wish they'd just go ahead and put this thing on DVD for those of us who aren't near any real film festivals.
[/quote]

Or any kind of television airing.  As I believe I've said before, I'd love to here in those Sundance promos "It's Doc Day on Sundance Channel--ho ho!" (or however you type Reilly's "Lidsville" chortle).  Hell, if Melanie Griffith can do that tag line, why not CNR?