Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Last Night's LINGO  (Read 4971 times)

ClockGameJohn

Last Night's LINGO
« on: September 17, 2003, 09:47:01 AM »
During the Bonus Lingo round last night at 9PM the word was AUDIO, however during an early guess the letter O was never lit up yellow (signifying correct letter/out of place) which led me to believe the word was AUDIT.  The correct word was in fact AUDIO, which means the board operators most definately made an error.  The team did correctly guess AUDIO but shouldn't have since the O wasn't lit.

The team went on to only get 3 correct words and did not win $5,000.

Did anyone else pick up on this and shouldn't it have been contested?

KrisW73

Last Night's LINGO
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2003, 10:02:51 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 08:47 AM\'] During the Bonus Lingo round last night at 9PM the word was AUDIO, however during an early guess the letter O was never lit up yellow (signifying correct letter/out of place) which led me to believe the word was AUDIT.  The correct word was in fact AUDIO, which means the board operators most definately made an error.  The team did correctly guess AUDIO but shouldn't have since the O wasn't lit.

Did anyone else pick up on this and shouldn't it have been contested? [/quote]
 IIRC you wait until after the show and alert S&P and they should be brought back.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Last Night's LINGO
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2003, 10:14:17 AM »
[quote name=\'ClockGameJohn\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 08:47 AM\'] During the Bonus Lingo round last night at 9PM the word was AUDIO, however during an early guess the letter O was never lit up yellow (signifying correct letter/out of place) which led me to believe the word was AUDIT.  The correct word was in fact AUDIO, which means the board operators most definately made an error.  The team did correctly guess AUDIO but shouldn't have since the O wasn't lit.

Did anyone else pick up on this and shouldn't it have been contested? [/quote]
 Do you recall what all of the guesses were?  I ask because if the guess in question that had an \"O\" in it but it was deemed to be a misspelling or not a real word none of the letters light up.  If the guess was legitimate, then yes there was a problem (although it didn't adversely affect the outcome because they still got the word right anyway--it didn't affect their inability to get other words correct).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ClockGameJohn

Last Night's LINGO
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2003, 10:45:32 AM »
Doug,

All of their guesses for that particular puzzle were valid words.  

It did not affect their outcome, but it affected mine.  :)  Technically, when they guessed AUDIO, it should never have been correct.