Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More new GS games coming soon  (Read 442642 times)

Bob Zager

More new GS games coming soon
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »
After seeing the Target.com site listing the Jeopardy! DVD Game as "in stock," for $49.99, I took a drive to the store in my area.  They didn't have it, however they did (finally) have in stock the Jakks Pacific Plug & Play version.

Though I didn't buy the device, I looked at the packaging, and like other P&P games, the video quality looks a lot like 8-bit/16-bit Nintendo technology.  The biggest drawback, IMO, is that it uses multiple-choice responses.

The DVD game system, which I saw (but didn't buy) at TRU, is nicely packaged, but also uses multiple-choice responses.

Just like with iToys DOND electronic games, the description on the package says a Philips screwdriver is required to open the battery compartment to the unit, and you need both AA and AAA batteries, for the unit and the remote buzzers respectively.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 12:04:38 AM »
After seeing the Target.com site listing the Jeopardy! DVD Game as "in stock," for $49.99, I took a drive to the store in my area. They didn't have it, however they did (finally) have in stock the Jakks Pacific Plug & Play version.

Working at the bullseye, I need to remind you that not everything online is available in stores, but you should probably know that right now.

Has the Feud board game been on its 3rd edition for awhile?  I've seen it at places and I feel like it's recent.
This signature is currently under construction.

Bob Zager

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 10:10:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'153374\' date=\'May 25 2007, 12:04 AM\']
After seeing the Target.com site listing the Jeopardy! DVD Game as "in stock," for $49.99, I took a drive to the store in my area. They didn't have it, however they did (finally) have in stock the Jakks Pacific Plug & Play version.

Working at the bullseye, I need to remind you that not everything online is available in stores, but you should probably know that right now.

Has the Feud board game been on its 3rd edition for awhile?  I've seen it at places and I feel like it's recent.
[/quote]

True, but I thought I'd check it out, since the site said "Also in stores."  I'll try the "Find it..." feature next time.

As for the 3rd edition Feud board game, I believe it was released late '04 or early '05.  It wouldn't surprise me if a 4th comes out soon, but I haven't heard anything either way.

Bob Zager

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2007, 10:35:04 AM »
I went to the Endless Games website today, looking to see if any new info was there regarding Match Game DVD Edition, and noticed a new feature of a block saying "Buy Now."  I clicked it, and the description said that it unavailable at this time, but can be preordered.  There was a "parts" illustration, which showed it looking pretty much like the Newlywed Game contents--DVD disk, dry-erase markers, and dry-erase boards.

I also saw they are taking preorders for a new FIFTH edition Password game.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2007, 12:02:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'155738\' date=\'Jun 21 2007, 07:35 AM\']
[/quote]
That's good news. We're starting to run out of content.

/gotta start searching Ebay for back editions...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Pyramid80

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 12:10:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'155738\' date=\'Jun 21 2007, 09:35 AM\']
I went to the Endless Games website today, looking to see if any new info was there regarding Match Game DVD Edition, and noticed a new feature of a block saying "Buy Now."  I clicked it, and the description said that it unavailable at this time, but can be preordered.  There was a "parts" illustration, which showed it looking pretty much like the Newlywed Game contents--DVD disk, dry-erase markers, and dry-erase boards.

[/quote]
I sent Endless Games an e-mail last week about the Match Game DVD game, and this is what they told me:

"Thank you for your interest in our game.  Matchgame will be available AUG 1ST.

YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE THIS GAME ON OUR WEBSITE WWW.ENDLESSGAMES.COM in AUg.

Call me as it approaches on 732-721-1032 and I can tell you what stores carry this item in your area if you prefer to buy it from a store."

tpirfan28

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2007, 11:35:07 AM »
The "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader" board game debuted at my local Wal-Mart this morning.  As I went to pick up some other things, they were putting them on a display for "the low, low 'Sale of the Wal-Mart Century'* price" for $18.93.

And while at Toys R Us a couple of days ago, they had the J! DVD game for $59.99.  Slick stuff.

/we wanted to know how to FUBAR 'Temptation'....
« Last Edit: June 23, 2007, 11:35:47 AM by tpirfan28 »
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2007, 03:37:20 AM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'153340\' date=\'May 24 2007, 03:36 PM\']
Though I didn't buy the device, I looked at the packaging, and like other P&P games, the video quality looks a lot like 8-bit/16-bit Nintendo technology.  The biggest drawback, IMO, is that it uses multiple-choice responses.

The DVD game system, which I saw (but didn't buy) at TRU, is nicely packaged, but also uses multiple-choice responses.[/quote]
Jeopardy! 2 (or Jeopardy! Deluxe is you're on Amazon.com) also uses multiple choice answers, effectively ending my hope of ever again having a new J! game where I have to type in answers.
http://www.sonypictures.com/games/jeopardy2/index.php?hs308=

I was in Blockbuster tonight and I saw a collection of DVD games which included, DoND, Press Your Luck, and, surprisingly, Family Feud 3rd edition. Nothing looks too different, other than the fact that John O Hurley is on the cover, and they used the new set in the game's graphics.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 10:29:26 AM »
As long as we're on this subject, has anyone here played the LMAD DVD game?  If so, what is your opinion of it?

SamJ93

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 10:49:35 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' post=\'155982\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 10:29 AM\']
As long as we're on this subject, has anyone here played the LMAD DVD game?  If so, what is your opinion of it?
[/quote]

Not too bad.  The game mechanics get a little predictable after a while--never a good thing with LMaD--but with a large group of people, it can still be fun.  Monty looks and sounds ancient, but he still keeps things moving with a good amount of energy.  The best part are the prizes/zonks--they're taken from clips of the '70s show and are a nice retro touch.

--Sam
It was Bob Barker. He was eating a bologna and cheese-ball sandwich.

tvwxman

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2007, 11:23:01 AM »
[quote name=\'Mike Tennant\' post=\'155982\' date=\'Jun 25 2007, 10:29 AM\']
[/quote]
Better than D/nD, though after a playing or two, it's tedious....Good to see Monty working, though....
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Bob Zager

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2007, 06:30:29 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'155922\' date=\'Jun 24 2007, 03:37 AM\']

I was in Blockbuster tonight and I saw a collection of DVD games which included, DoND, Press Your Luck, and, surprisingly, Family Feud 3rd edition. Nothing looks too different, other than the fact that John O Hurley is on the cover, and they used the new set in the game's graphics.
[/quote]

I haven't seen any of those games in any Blockbuster store in my area, but I was curious if the Feud 3rd edition features the new logo, introduced on the show this season?  Imagination Games is releasing a day-to-day calendar based on Feud, and it does show the new logo.

While here, I thought I'd let you know that I was in Toys R Us in my area, and they now have the 1 VS. 100 electronic game from Itoys, for $39.99!  They also have the Pass N Play version of Deal or No Deal, which I recently bought.  Besides having a talking host, the game play has been updated to where the bank offer is always a nice, round number in thousands of dollars.

In addition, they had the "Are You Smarter..." card game from Cardinal.  I showed an illustration earlier, but the case that the actual game comes in is NOT identical to the DOND/1 VS 100 card games.  This is in an aluminum carrying case, with a blue sky & light clouds, and features the show's logo on it.  First time something has the game name on it, so it doesn't look so much like a generic carrying case.

In fact, instead of looking like a carrying case, it, more appropriately for this game, looks like an official lunchbox of the show.

One of the managers at my work, had a copy of a toy publication, and let me look at it.  Inside, it showed what was, at least, a prototype package for Pressman's "Identity" card game.  It appeared to be in a tin box, small in size, and featured Penn Gillette's picture on it.  A press release said that both this, and a regular board game, will be available this summer.

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2007, 07:07:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Bob Zager\' post=\'156110\' date=\'Jun 26 2007, 06:30 PM\']While here, I thought I'd let you know that I was in Toys R Us in my area, and they now have the 1 VS. 100 electronic game from Itoys, for $39.99![/quote]
At a local Target yesterday, I saw the same game for $34.99.  The same Target had the Jeopardy! Jakks Pacific P&P game for $18.99.

Bob Zager

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007, 01:12:57 PM »
Here's a link to a site demonstrating the new electronic 1 vs 100 game:

http://www.spectaclelovesyou.com/

The box pictured here is of smaller size than what I've seen in stores, and other websites.

Bob Zager

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 11:32:05 AM »
Toys R Us now has in stock the "25th Anniversary Edition" of Wheel of Fortune!  This one, unlike the one described at Amazon.com, is a traditional version, with the regular spinner type cardboard wheel, not a deluxe version with the replica of the wheel.  Maybe Pressman will also be releasing a "deluxe" version along with this.

The TRU site doesn't show an illustration of it, but I did find one here:

http://www.unclesgames.com/product_info.php/products_id/9696