Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GSN Schedule Effective 10/13  (Read 23018 times)

SplitSecond

New GSN Schedule Effective 10/13
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 02:20:51 PM »
I think we all have our fingers crossed for that one. It would only make sense, since it is going to be on twice a day now. Who knows, it could be Davidson's version! j/k

Bite your tongue!

TV Favorites

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 08:28:30 PM »
A few more notes on the new schedules.  Times listed are EDT

* The video game block starts on Thursday, October 2 on it's regular Thursday, Saturday, Sunday Schedule.

* Who Wants to Be Governor of California? The Debating Game debuts October 1 at 9pm.

* Big Bucks: The PYL Scandal will be on Sunday, October 5 at 10pm.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 08:42:22 PM »
If you'll notice, there's been a huge increase in Sony shows on the schedule.   I honestly don't think that, considering the heck they've gotten over $100K Pyramid rererererererunning the 87-88 season, that they'd give $100K Pyramid 2 runs, let alone add other Sony shows with similar situations, unless they had other seasons

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2003, 08:53:26 PM »
Until I heard it came from Adlink, I was gonna say SB was falling for a hoax again.......

Don't matter anyway. I gave up on GSN a long time ago. About the only thing I watch on there anymore is Match Game. I guess when it becomes \"The Games Network\"......nevermind. There's just nothing on there that gets me to think \"Wow! I really should watch that\" any more.

HSquares2003

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2003, 10:05:58 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 08:53 PM\'] Until I heard it came from Adlink, I was gonna say SB was falling for a hoax again.......

Don't matter anyway. I gave up on GSN a long time ago. About the only thing I watch on there anymore is Match Game. I guess when it becomes "The Games Network"......nevermind. There's just nothing on there that gets me to think "Wow! I really should watch that" any more. [/quote]
 Hey, Wheel and J! back on weeekdays is a NICE SUPRISE indeed. And hopefully it's not the same ole ones from the weekends. Millionaire is ok with me, but can they cut LC out for christ's sake? It has been run in the ground. Finally, WL gets the ax and not a minute too soon. It has been grinded enough, and even the die-hard fans were complaining on this one.

I am hoping that we can eventually see TTD, TJW on the schedule. But, don't get me wrong, this is a better schedule even if that prospect doesn't pan out.

zachhoran

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2003, 10:10:56 PM »
[quote name=\'HSquares2003\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 09:05 PM\'] . Millionaire is ok with me, but can they cut LC out for christ's sake? It has been run in the ground. Finally, WL gets the ax and not a minute too soon. It has been grinded enough, and even the die-hard fans were complaining on this one.

[/quote]
 WL is still on at 4PM as of 10/13. LC, WLOD, and $100K Pyramid all will have double airings a day come 10/13, however.

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2003, 11:37:34 PM »
However, whether they'll be the same ep twice, or 2 different eps once, is unknown.

BTW:  Uploaded an HTML version of the page to http://gameshowutopia.com/Oct2003.htm.  For some reason, it tends to make more sense in a color coded chart, lol....

Finally, some good news for those who really don't care for a specific original, total airings are down across the board   The drop in per-week originals with the new sched is as follows:

Lingo: -4 Airings (to 19)
Russian Roulette: -4 Airings (to 17)
Friend or Foe?: -4 Airings (to 17)
Whammy: -10 Airings (to 11)
Cram: -11 Airings (to 10)
Funny Money: -15 Airings (to 6)
Wintuition: -1 Airing (to 5)

ChuckNet

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2003, 11:46:35 PM »
I just hope we FINALLY get out of the 88-89 and 97-98 seasons for WoF and J! (respectively)...they'll wear themselves out pretty fast if that's not the case.

Good to see the return of Password to B&WO, in any case.

Chuck Donegan (The Pleased \"Chuckie Baby\")

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2003, 04:08:42 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Sep 16 2003, 07:53 PM\']Don't matter anyway. I gave up on GSN a long time ago. About the only thing I watch on there anymore is Match Game. I guess when it becomes \"The Games Network\"......nevermind. There's just nothing on there that gets me to think \"Wow! I really should watch that\" any more.[/quote]
What you makes think that they're becoming \"The Games Network\" based on one block?

And all previous attempts to outwardly program to under-24 audiences have been notably unsuccessful (yes, under different management teams)--do you honestly think they're going to succeed this time?  (I continue to believe that the video game block is some clueless Sony or Liberty suit's idea of juicing the demos and that the guy won't take Rich or Bob saying \"it's not going to work\" for an answer.)

And I keep saying this, but it's still true--you're never going to get \"Play the Percentages\" in prime time.  Or \"Bullseye.\"  Or \"Chain Reaction.\"  They won't draw crowds.  You just can't program to 1,000 diehards and expect to turn a profit.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2003, 04:57:59 PM »
I would like to see the 1980 Chain Reaction run in its entirety just one more time so I could get it on tape and have it so I wouldn't have to ask for it again. It doesn't have to be in a good time slot. Heck, if I could buy an Infomercial slot, I'd pay to put it on right after the B&W shows. Maybe someday, ten, twenty years from now, there could be a \"GSN on Demand\" where you could select a series for personal viewing or downloading for a fee.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2003, 06:35:26 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 04:08 PM\']

And I keep saying this, but it's still true--you're never going to get "Play the Percentages" in prime time.  Or "Bullseye."  Or "Chain Reaction."  They won't draw crowds.  You just can't program to 1,000 diehards and expect to turn a profit. [/quote]
 I never said that I wanted anything in primetime. All I said was there's nothing worth watching anymore, it's all been seen 14,675,981 times already. Trivia Trap and TTTT90 were good examples of what I'd like---one, just ONE slot for the rare stuff in the morning.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2003, 08:55:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 01:57 PM\'] I would like to see the 1980 Chain Reaction run in its entirety just one more time so I could get it on tape and have it so I wouldn't have to ask for it again. [/quote]
 Believe me, there are just as many of us who would like to see it (and TTD, and TJW, and TPIR...) run so that people would stop whining about it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

CoreyArcher

• Pick a corner
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2003, 12:31:48 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 07:55 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Sep 17 2003, 01:57 PM\'] I would like to see the 1980 Chain Reaction run in its entirety just one more time so I could get it on tape and have it so I wouldn't have to ask for it again. [/quote]
Believe me, there are just as many of us who would like to see it (and TTD, and TJW, and TPIR...) run so that people would stop whining about it.[/quote]
The whining is to be expected, though, when the newcomers to GSN viewership learn that the schedule used to be populated with shows such as Chain Reaction and Blockbusters '87. It's frustrating to get the channel and find consistently less variety (at least in terms of non-originals) as time goes on. The fact that all is sacrificed on the altar of money and ratings doesn't matter ... when you see Game Show Network in the lineup, you want to see your game shows, dammit!

Regards,
ca

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2003, 09:03:38 AM »
If it's any consolation, I have given up hope on game shows appearing on network daytime, USA or FAM (Is Pyramid still on FAM?) or any other cable net except GSN. GSN is, pardon the pun, the only game in town, which is why I think GSN would be the best place to direct any comment regarding game shows. If they don't want to show the old tapes, why not mount new versions of the formats they own?  I am happy that GSN has aired a lot of stuff over the years I thought I would never see again so for that I'm thankful, my cable co. picked up GSN just after the \"dark period\" so unlike many on this board, I missed the daily GSN runs of \"Chain Reaction,\" \"Go,\" \"Break the Bank\" and so forth.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2003, 09:17:53 AM »
when you see Game Show Network in the lineup, you want to see your game shows, dammit!
But that's the problem.  You want to see YOUR game shows.  I want to see MY game shows.  Personally, I'd like to see the old black and white classics in prime time.  That's what I would prefer, and it's what they used to do.  But I'm smart enough to know that's not going to happen, and mature enough not to whine about it.

Those of you who dismissively say that GSN is just chasing a buck don't seem to have the slightest grasp of how commercial television works.  And of course the flip side of that criticism is your suggestion that they should use this multi-million dollar resource to cater to your personal tastes regardless of how much money they'd lose.  What makes you so special?

This constant GSN bashing is repetitive and tiring, and it brings down the tone of the entire board.  There really are producers and GSN professionals who read this board, but my fear is that they don't read it often enough to realize that even among the 350 of us serious fans, the actual number of people complaining about their program choices is small.  It's just that those few of you keep at it.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.