Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN classics on digital  (Read 5034 times)

dheine1971

GSN classics on digital
« on: September 15, 2003, 03:33:34 PM »
Are almost all the Game Show Network classic game shows now on digital - like DVD's or something like that. With GSN's classic game shows on digital, do the GSN monkeys use buttons on the GSN classic game show digital transfers for speed up parts on classic game shows with a touch of a button or something like that? And isn't the GSN game show classics on digital called Digelbrtra (is that the correct spelling)? I bet you can never do speed ups for movies on DVD when you watch them on DVD players.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 03:35:15 PM by dheine1971 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
GSN classics on digital
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2003, 04:11:23 PM »
[quote name=\'dheine1971\' date=\'Sep 15 2003, 12:33 PM\'] Are almost all the Game Show Network classic game shows now on digital - like DVD's or something like that.

[/quote]
Yes, they are in a digital format. No, they are not like DVD's.

With GSN's classic game shows on digital, do the GSN monkeys

Please have some respect for the master control operators at GSN until you have demonstrated superior knowledge of the job.

(EDIT: I'll tone this down a notch. SOME knowledge of the job.)

use buttons on the GSN classic game show digital transfers for speed up parts on classic game shows with a touch of a button or something like that?

No, that isn't even remotely close to how they do it.

And isn't the GSN game show classics on digital called Digelbrtra (is that the correct spelling)?

Probably not, since I don't have the first idea of what you are talking about. :)

I bet you can never do speed ups for movies on DVD when you watch them on DVD players.

Saying \"never\" is a good way to learn a harsh (and potentially expensive) lesson about technology.

But let's just say the sooner you drop the comparison between GSN's program format and a DVD, the closer you will come to understanding the technical side of all of it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2003, 04:40:58 PM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

urbanpreppie05

GSN classics on digital
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2003, 04:38:23 PM »
Dheine1971-

PLEASE be careful posting! Make sure you do a little archival research to see if the topic you are talking about hasn't already been posted. Otherwise, you'll make some people here very upset with you! BTW, welcome to the board!
insert signature here

snowpeck

GSN classics on digital
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 04:38:38 PM »
Just for the record, the tape format they use is DigiBeta.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)