Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Next Week on Password Plus...........  (Read 10154 times)

game show guy

Next Week on Password Plus...........
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2007, 05:04:36 PM »
Well, I am enjoying Bill on Password Plus.

Two things on todays episode:

First, Bill Plugged Chain Reaction, which he was doing at the time on NBC (same as password plus).

Also, We got to hear Johnny O's Voice at the end since GSN left in some fee plugs. Kudos GSN!!

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 07:53:57 PM »
And now Ludden's back from the four weeks off (Cullen was booked as one of the celebs, with Susan Richardson as the other)--these eps started yesterday (Friday).  This was a fun week.

The week after it with Bert Convy and Phyllis Diller was also interesting (at least for me, most of you probably wouldn't care about this), as the last four shows are predominantly un-McKenzied.  That should start up next Friday.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2007, 10:20:27 AM »
The week after it with Bert Convy and Phyllis Diller was also interesting (at least for me, most of you probably wouldn't care about this), as the last four shows are predominantly un-McKenzied. That should start up next Friday.
Look for signs of an edit when Phyllis plays Alphabetics. She froze up during a round of Alphabetics, and the game was reset and the show edited.

The first show of the week might sound a little heavy on the Mackenzie. Between shows, Bobby Sherman had a discussion with the audience sweetening engineer. As a result of that discussion, the engineer refused to do his job any further that day. It shows what wonderful crews we had at NBC. Some of those people are better off out of the business than in it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:20:52 AM by chris319 »

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »
Please tell me that engineer didn't show up the next day.
This signature is currently under construction.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2007, 11:12:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'152224\' date=\'May 13 2007, 05:42 PM\']
Please tell me that engineer didn't show up the next day.
[/quote]
If he was union, I'm quite sure he did.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

SRIV94

« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2007, 10:10:13 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'152197\' date=\'May 13 2007, 09:20 AM\']
The week after it with Bert Convy and Phyllis Diller was also interesting (at least for me, most of you probably wouldn't care about this), as the last four shows are predominantly un-McKenzied. That should start up next Friday.
Look for signs of an edit when Phyllis plays Alphabetics. She froze up during a round of Alphabetics, and the game was reset and the show edited.

The first show of the week might sound a little heavy on the Mackenzie. Between shows, Bobby Sherman had a discussion with the audience sweetening engineer. As a result of that discussion, the engineer refused to do his job any further that day. It shows what wonderful crews we had at NBC. Some of those people are better off out of the business than in it.
[/quote]
Well, I was wrong.  It aired today instead.  And indeed today was very heavy on the McKenzie (the rest of the shows should be almost dead quiet by comparison).

It's funny how GSN is rerunning Phyllis Diller's 1/88 SP appearance concurrently (and if memory serves, the same prinicpals involved in that discussion were both on duty that taping).
Doug
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

uncamark

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'152605\' date=\'May 17 2007, 09:10 PM\']
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'152197\' date=\'May 13 2007, 09:20 AM\']

[/quote]
Well, I was wrong.  It aired today instead.  And indeed today was very heavy on the McKenzie (the rest of the shows should be almost dead quiet by comparison).[/quote]

I assume the guy was putting in Paul Lynde laughs on every mildly witty remark, "oohs" every time Ludden mentioned a champion's total, an "awww" on every time the word was not given, crowd shouting on the option and a "YAHOO!" on every sustained applause, among other things.  Correct?
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 05:37:22 PM by uncamark »

SRIV94

« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2007, 05:41:18 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'152984\' date=\'May 21 2007, 04:34 PM\']
I assume the guy was putting in Paul Lynde laughs on every mildly witty remark, "oohs" every time Ludden mentioned a champion's total, an "awww" on every time the word was not given and a "YAHOO!" on every sustained applause, among other things.  Correct?
[/quote]
Close enough.  I don't want to bore anyone with the details.  

/May be too late for that.
//Yes, I need to get out more.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 05:49:20 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2007, 01:09:45 PM »
Well, I was wrong. It aired today instead. And indeed today was very heavy on the McKenzie (the rest of the shows should be almost dead quiet by comparison).
Could you detect any editing when Phyllis played Alphabetics?

SRIV94

« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2007, 01:18:18 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'153051\' date=\'May 22 2007, 12:09 PM\']
Well, I was wrong. It aired today instead. And indeed today was very heavy on the McKenzie (the rest of the shows should be almost dead quiet by comparison).
[/quote]
To be honest, I haven't gone through my tapes of the last three shows (today, yesterday and Friday).  I'll let you know what I see.
Doug

SRIV94

« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'153055\' date=\'May 22 2007, 12:18 PM\']
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'153051\' date=\'May 22 2007, 12:09 PM\']
[/quote]
To be honest, I haven't gone through my tapes of the last three shows (today, yesterday and Friday).  I'll let you know what I see.
[/quote]
OK, I skimmed through the tapes.  Phyllis played Alphabetics once in these three shows, and it came right after a commercial break.  I thought I detected an edit when the first word ("attorney") appeared and Ludden asked if she had her clues ready.  Other than that, I didn't notice anything overly obvious (which I guess is a credit to NBC's video tape editors if that was her only playing of the week).

For the record, Phyllis communicated five of the words successfully, netting the contestant $500.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 08:57:20 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug