Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bob's replacement  (Read 12672 times)

Jimmy Owen

Bob's replacement
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 10:57:20 AM »
[quote name=\'byrd62\' post=\'149086\' date=\'Mar 27 2007, 10:09 AM\']
I was listening to some morning radio show say that Mario Lopez, once of Saved by the Bell, Pacific Blue, Pet Star, America's Most Talented Kid, ESPN Hollywood, last fall's Dancing with the Stars, and last January's Miss America Pageant, was purported to have "nailed it" during his audition for Bob's job, and was said to have the "inside track".
[/quote]

You forgot Masters of the Maze. :)

Nobody here knows and it's useless to speculate.  We haven't even been able to figure out who did the demo tape for Com Lock  :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

Bob's replacement
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 11:43:24 AM »
I was listening to some morning radio show say that Mario Lopez.....was purported to have "nailed it" during his audition for Bob's job, and was said to have the "inside track".[/quote]
Let's keep in mind that we were hearing exactly the same thing about Dave Price who, by most impartial accounts, blew chunks.  You can bet that whoever was doing the "purporting" works for Mario.

Like Dave's people, Mario's people have apparently decided to play the media game.  I don't see how that helps their guy (Fremantle's not going to make their decision based on tabloids and morning radio hosts) and it could be pretty embarrassing if he doesn't get it.

Having said that, I think Lopez is a fascinating choice, and given a decent amount of experience, I have no doubt that he could do a good job.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

JeffParsons

Bob's replacement
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 03:57:41 PM »
Oh and do they ever love to play the media game.  Speaking as one of those Morning Radio hosts, I can tell you Daniel Rosen's people were pimping him for interviews as the new announcer for The Price is Right back when they were auditioning for Rod's replacement. Luckily I knew better, but I bet he got a lot of interviews with that false information.

Clay Zambo

Bob's replacement
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 04:48:50 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'149023\' date=\'Mar 25 2007, 10:08 PM\']
I'm sure the words "Rolf Benirschke" have been whispered more than once.
[/quote]

And frequently mispronounced.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob's replacement
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2007, 06:23:44 PM »
[quote name=\'JeffParsons\' post=\'149091\' date=\'Mar 27 2007, 12:57 PM\']
Oh and do they ever love to play the media game.  Speaking as one of those Morning Radio hosts, I can tell you Daniel Rosen's people were pimping him for interviews as the new announcer for The Price is Right back when they were auditioning for Rod's replacement. Luckily I knew better, but I bet he got a lot of interviews with that false information.
[/quote]
You should have had him on the air and eviscerated him. That'll learn him a few things about misrepresentation. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

Bob's replacement
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 09:19:43 PM »
I was listening to some morning radio show say that Mario Lopez, once of Saved by the Bell, Pacific Blue, Pet Star, America's Most Talented Kid, ESPN Hollywood, last fall's Dancing with the Stars, and last January's Miss America Pageant, was purported to have "nailed it" during his audition for Bob's job, and was said to have the "inside track".
[/quote]

What Mario might have "nailed" was not the actual audition itself....

/Know What I Mean?  Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, Say No More!/

Steve Gavazzi

Bob's replacement
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 10:46:34 PM »
Mark Steines, who is apparently someone on Entertainment Tonight who I've never heard of, did an audition show after today's taping.  That doesn't sound like something that would be happening if Mario Lopez had "nailed it."

(Nevermind that Roger already debunked that rumor last week.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:48:27 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

Terry K

Bob's replacement
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 11:13:48 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'149107\' date=\'Mar 27 2007, 09:46 PM\']
Mark Steines, who is apparently someone on Entertainment Tonight who I've never heard of, did an audition show after today's taping.  That doesn't sound like something that would be happening if Mario Lopez had "nailed it."

(Nevermind that Roger already debunked that rumor last week.)
[/quote]

I must comment on Mark Steines...he was at KSPR in Springfield, Missouri (sound familiar, folks!?!?!?!) right before he hit the big time on ET.

Matt Ottinger

Bob's replacement
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2007, 11:51:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'149107\' date=\'Mar 27 2007, 10:46 PM\']
Mark Steines, who is apparently someone on Entertainment Tonight who I've never heard of[/quote]
He's their #3 anchor, behind Mary Hart and Mary Hart's legs.

Actually, that would make him #4...
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

MTCesquire

Bob's replacement
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2007, 03:03:55 AM »
I know the whole "Mario Lopez blew them away" thing is just spin created by his PR team, but still...I still fail to see how he could even be capable of being a competent host when he couldn't go 5 seconds without stumbling over his words on "Masters of the Maze".  He's like Richard Karn.  Take away his cue cards and he becomes a deer in headlights.  Granted, that was over a decade ago and he may have improved, but then I might strike the Mega Millions on its next drawing so I guess anything's possible...
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 03:05:02 AM by MTCesquire »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Bob's replacement
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2007, 04:04:43 AM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' post=\'149110\' date=\'Mar 28 2007, 12:03 AM\']
I still fail to see how he could even be capable of being a competent host when he couldn't go 5 seconds without stumbling over his words on "Masters of the Maze".  
[/quote]
Granted, that was over a decade ago and he may have improved
Looks like you answered your own question.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

Bob's replacement
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2007, 04:31:44 AM »
What would be the objection to having Alex Trebek host TPIR? He did a similar show in the past and has handled an equivalent workload before, plus he's a household name.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Bob's replacement
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2007, 05:38:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'149112\' date=\'Mar 28 2007, 03:31 AM\']
What would be the objection to having Alex Trebek host TPIR?
[/quote]
One egotrip followed by another, IMO.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Neumms

Bob's replacement
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2007, 03:55:29 PM »
I can see why Mario Lopez might be appealing to the producers, but is he funny? Or will it be like Jim Lange hosting TPIR? Does anyone know if he was reasonably funny on the maze show, or that talk show with Dick Clark, or even on "Dancing with the Stars?"

Of course, he was hysterical on SbtB, but that was scripted.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Bob's replacement
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2007, 03:59:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'149135\' date=\'Mar 28 2007, 02:55 PM\']
Of course, he was hysterical on SbtB, but that was scripted.
[/quote]
Hysterical is in the eye of the beholder.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)