Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WoF: Pat Sajak Schtick......  (Read 5577 times)

Kevin Prather

WoF: Pat Sajak Schtick......
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 11:11:23 PM »
I recall one episode about two years ago where the answer to a $3k bonus question was blown by an audience member blurting it out. Pat seemed very jovial after the break, joking "Oh, wow. We had such a fun time pummeling that audience member.

johnnya2k3

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 03:06:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'147730\' date=\'Mar 9 2007, 11:15 PM\']
Another one that sticks out from earlier in the season is when he and Vanna were sword fighting.
[/quote]
You mean he and stage manager John Lauderdale pillow fighting?

I also remember Pat operating the hand-held camera, as well as playing rock-paper-scissors with one of the contestants.

I'd like to see Pat play a PSP game (shameless self-promotion) next time, or maybe see him lounging in the hood of one of the cars.

Jonathan Allen

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 03:16:28 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' post=\'147785\' date=\'Mar 10 2007, 11:06 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Fiono Coyne\' post=\'147730\' date=\'Mar 9 2007, 11:15 PM\']Another one that sticks out from earlier in the season is when he and Vanna were sword fighting. [/quote]
You mean he and stage manager John Lauderdale pillow fighting?[/quote]I'm fairly sure if that's what he meant, he would have said that.

I'd like to see Pat play a PSP game (shameless self-promotion) next time, or maybe see him lounging in the hood of one of the cars.
I'd like to see him holding up cue cards, each bearing the name of another famous Pat, such as Kiernan, McGroin, Day, Finn, and of course O'Brien.

/Hey, if someone can come up with "Mike Litoris," why not "Patrick McGroin"?
Travis L. Eberle

cmjb13

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 08:51:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'147766\' date=\'Mar 10 2007, 04:35 PM\']
It was probably just a prop from wherever props come from.  Probably explains the bottle and any other objects.

/Where do props come from, Uncle Bill?
[/quote]
Crew member, can't remember his name. I know he gave Pat an umbrella at a taping last year.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Blanquepage

• "Pacman cereal: it eats YOU!" - Geoff, Starcade
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 02:50:23 PM »
You mean he and stage manager John Lauderdale pillow fighting?

No, doggonit. I'm referring to the instance where Pat and Vanna were sword fighting with gigantic keys.

--Jamie

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 03:11:01 PM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'147786\' date=\'Mar 11 2007, 12:16 AM\']
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' post=\'147785\' date=\'Mar 10 2007, 11:06 PM\']
You mean he and stage manager John Lauderdale pillow fighting?[/quote]I'm fairly sure if that's what he meant, he would have said that.
[/quote]
My guess is that this statement was made so that the OP could Horan and show off that he knows the name of the WOF stage manager. What he sadly doesn't realize is that it impresses nobody.

(Except maybe Pat O'Brien. That guy's great.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

mmb5

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 06:07:58 PM »
[quote name=\'Luxo1\' post=\'147777\' date=\'Mar 10 2007, 08:40 PM\']
2.  Has anyone ever been to a taping, or heard of an incident where an audience member blurted out an answer, and a contestant heard it?? Or something similar?? Pat, on almost every show, is going ""Shhh, Shhh, audience very quiet please...shhh" Makes me think that audience members inadvertently shouting out the answer to a puzzle happens a lot.
[/quote]
The GSC 2004 Tour Group saw this when an audience member blurted out a puzzle at roughly the same time the contestant solved it.  The man in the audience had to plead with his life not to be summarily executed by the WOF staff.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2007, 06:50:01 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'147799\' date=\'Mar 11 2007, 06:07 PM\']The GSC 2004 Tour Group saw this when an audience member blurted out a puzzle at roughly the same time the contestant solved it.  The man in the audience had to plead with his life not to be summarily executed by the WOF staff.[/quote]
It was also very interesting to see Pat turn stern and cold during the break.  When Pat Sajak is annoyed with you, you must REALLY have done something wrong.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

wheelloon

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »
The one that got me laughing earlier this week was when Pat was wearing a Kimono (similar to the one you see him wearing sometimes during a classic WOF clips montage). I also remember one, from some time back, where he was giving one of the contestants a massage. Either way, it's good for a snicker.

However, his funniest moments, to me, were when he did his speel (or however ya spell it) at Charlie O before the Jackpot Round from years back. You can't beat a good viagara espresso... :D
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

BrandonFG

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2007, 07:41:17 PM »
[quote name=\'wheelloon\' post=\'147809\' date=\'Mar 11 2007, 07:37 PM\']
However, his funniest moments, to me, were when he did his speel (or however ya spell it) at Charlie O before the Jackpot Round from years back. You can't beat a good viagara espresso... :D
[/quote]
I enjoyed that, too. I kinda wish it had continued beyond the one season it was used, but I guess it got old.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

johnnya2k3

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2007, 03:09:08 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'147786\' date=\'Mar 10 2007, 11:16 PM\']
I'd like to see him holding up cue cards, each bearing the name of another famous Pat, such as Kiernan, McGroin, Day, Finn, and of course O'Brien.
[/quote]
Don't forget Robertson.

Jonathan Allen

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2007, 03:33:42 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' post=\'147839\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 12:09 AM\']
Don't forget Robertson.
[/quote]
Don't ever change.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2007, 03:41:52 AM »
[quote name=\'johnnya2k3\' post=\'147839\' date=\'Mar 12 2007, 03:09 AM\']
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'147786\' date=\'Mar 10 2007, 11:16 PM\']
[/quote]
Don't forget Robertson.
[/quote]
Holy whoooooosh, Batman!

/do the cool kids still say whoooooosh?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!