Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: More Playmania?  (Read 5427 times)

mmb5

More Playmania?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2007, 12:46:15 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'147550\' date=\'Mar 6 2007, 07:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'catnap1972\' post=\'147548\' date=\'Mar 6 2007, 04:21 PM\']
Along with the $ signs that management is apparently seeing.
[/quote]
Probably. But even if that's true, it's short-term bucks. It'll flame out like any other fad, and probably sooner rather than later if they do run it into the ground. Then what do they have?
[/quote]
More like ¢ signs.

Not that I'm thrilled with this concept, or the Karn Feud thing, but I can't blame GSN for trying.  If it works, good for them.  If it doesn't, MG will be back on the schedule pretty quickly.

However, if I was GSN and looking for more modern product, I would dare say the second season of HurleyTruth wouldn't be a bad pickup.  It's not weighed down with Poundstones, and it's not like many people saw it anyway.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Kimriffic

More Playmania?
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 02:27:33 AM »
Eew, I can't stand Playmania  The only reason I got the cable package I have is that I wanted to watch GSN!  They're putting on so many "newer " (relatively new at least) shows that it makes it kind of boring for me to even watch this channel.  I've seen all this stuff before, can we go back to the original stuff from the '70s/'80s that is actually watchable??  If they start making it Playmania during the day, I might as well switch to the cheaper cable.  Sheesh!

J.R.

More Playmania?
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 04:59:34 AM »
I find "PlayMania" to be good background noise whenever I'm on the computer or reading a book (A little noise helps me concentrate).  

But, unless you plan on participating in the call-in games, I really don't see the entertainment value out of actively watching it for fun. Once in a while, I'll glance over to take a guess a puzzle, but that's about it.
-Joe Raygor

Patrick S

More Playmania?
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 09:31:22 PM »
What I don't understand is that people continue to actually text in to the show.  I tried it once and even when I got a call back, there were already 7 people ahead of me and the game ended before I even got a chance to answer.  Do that many people really enjoy this torture?

mmb5

More Playmania?
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2007, 10:24:03 PM »
[quote name=\'Patrick S\' post=\'151863\' date=\'May 8 2007, 09:31 PM\']
What I don't understand is that people continue to actually text in to the show.
[/quote]
Fixed.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.