Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Schedule changes for 6/4  (Read 8727 times)

Neumms

Schedule changes for 6/4
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 04:07:55 PM »
I think Blockbusters could use a more interesting end game, or at least a revised one. Too many people won with 20-30 seconds left on the clock. Maybe the right side of the board gets narrower making black spaces more of a problem, or maybe offer the player triple or nothing to beat a second board in the time remaining.

Chelsea Thrasher

Schedule changes for 6/4
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 04:20:37 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'151803\' date=\'May 8 2007, 03:07 PM\']
I think Blockbusters could use a more interesting end game, or at least a revised one. Too many people won with 20-30 seconds left on the clock. Maybe the right side of the board gets narrower making black spaces more of a problem, or maybe offer the player triple or nothing to beat a second board in the time remaining.
[/quote]

Or only give contestant's 45 seconds to get from side-to-side.  Seems the easiest way, without throwing on an unneeded extra gimmick, throwing more money away, or otherwise altering the board.

mmb5

Schedule changes for 6/4
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 05:23:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'151803\' date=\'May 8 2007, 04:07 PM\']
[/quote]
I always thought it would be neat to make the final board one big almost-hexagon made up of 14 little ones in a 2-3-4-3-2 configuration.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

Unrealtor

Schedule changes for 6/4
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2007, 02:21:15 AM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'151761\' date=\'May 8 2007, 11:19 AM\']
To answer Matt, if GSN was itching to revive it, the non-straddle issue wouldn't be that difficult, it could just be # of wins until the time limit or adopt the £5 per hexagon the British version used with some premium for winning the board.  Or if they want to get really fancy, the pot starts at 'X' with 'Y' removed for each hex used, so that a sweep win is more impressive than a 15-hex win.
[/quote]

My preference would be the Hollywood Squares route -- play to time, and pay out for each full game won or for each block captured in an unfinished game when time runs out.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."