The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Studio Audience?

(1/3) > >>

hiphats:
First off, my apologies if my inaccuracies of previous game show posts have affected you guys...I'd rather make friends, not enemies as a result of what I post.

Now then...having watched newer game shows such as 'Dog Eat Dog' and PAX' \"Beat The Clock\" left me kinda skeptical...the applause, audience responses, what not, sound canned.  I'm talking about \"Dog Eat Dog\", \"Beat The Clock\", and \"Supermarket Sweep\".

The audience tracks don't sound live to me.  And the fact that A studio audience is never shown in these shows made me think...is it all faked?

It seemed that the $1 Million Chance Of A Lifetime\" used canned applause since a majority of the show's run didn't show any studio audience at all.

Any ideas?

TonicBH:
I remember looking at a Double Dare site that had pics for Kroeger's BtC. it most certainly has an audience... or at least it did.

clemon79:
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 09:36 PM\'] I remember looking at a Double Dare site that had pics for Kroeger's BtC. it most certainly has an audience... or at least it did. [/quote]
 Don't they tape at Universal Studios Florida? What would be the POINT of taping there if the show weren't open for the tourists to watch?

zachhoran:
I think Million Dollar CoaL did have a studio audience for the full two year run, as family members in the audience came up on stage for most or all of the Million Dollar wins, and they often showed relatives of the contestants before the couples won the money

BrandonFG:
[quote name=\'hiphats\' date=\'Jun 17 2003, 11:28 PM\']Now then...having watched newer game shows such as 'Dog Eat Dog' and PAX' \"Beat The Clock\" left me kinda skeptical...the applause, audience responses, what not, sound canned.  I'm talking about \"Dog Eat Dog\", \"Beat The Clock\", and \"Supermarket Sweep\".[/quote]

Beat the Clock has an audience. I've seen eps. where the audience was constantly shown, in between every single joke Gary cracked. Got quite annoying. :-)

--- Quote ---It seemed that the $1 Million Chance Of A Lifetime\" used canned applause since a majority of the show's run didn't show any studio audience at all.
--- End quote ---

There's a clip on Chris Lambert's site where the audience actually comes on stage after a $1 Mil win, a la $100K Pyramid tournaments.

Most game shows use sweetening, even if the audience is present. Hey, if a host's joke bombs, you gotta have something to play it off with, case in point: Chuck Woolery on \"Scrabble?\" :-) Or if there's only 7 audience members, case in point: Chuck Woolery on \"Wheel of Fortune.\" :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version