Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: High Stakes Poker Third Season  (Read 8801 times)

TonicBH

High Stakes Poker Third Season
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »
[quote name=\'zod20\' post=\'146738\' date=\'Feb 23 2007, 12:03 PM\']
despite sucking ass in starting topics, this thread has been very entertaining. It's nice to meet you guys btw.
[/quote]

At least this guy has a sense of humor.

To answer the OP's topic: I watch it on a rare occasion, but most of the time the J!/WOF hour cuts into it, so I don't get to see it as often. Plus I don't understand the appeal of TV Poker. I think it's more fun to play than to watch.

Unless it's Celebrity Poker Showdown. Now that's appointment TV for me... except Bravo would rather air Law & Order: Criminal Intent reruns instead.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

uncamark

« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2007, 03:23:53 PM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'146803\' date=\'Feb 24 2007, 12:54 PM\']
[quote name=\'zod20\' post=\'146738\' date=\'Feb 23 2007, 12:03 PM\']
despite sucking ass in starting topics, this thread has been very entertaining. It's nice to meet you guys btw.
[/quote]

At least this guy has a sense of humor.

To answer the OP's topic: I watch it on a rare occasion, but most of the time the J!/WOF hour cuts into it, so I don't get to see it as often. Plus I don't understand the appeal of TV Poker. I think it's more fun to play than to watch.

Unless it's Celebrity Poker Showdown. Now that's appointment TV for me... except Bravo would rather air Law & Order: Criminal Intent reruns instead.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, from all indications, it looks like "Celeb Poker Showdown" has gone out of production completely.  Phil Hellmuth, Jr. was the kiss of death on that show.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2007, 03:31:03 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'146934\' date=\'Feb 26 2007, 12:23 PM\']
Unfortunately, from all indications, it looks like "Celeb Poker Showdown" has gone out of production completely.  Phil Hellmuth, Jr. was the kiss of death on that show.
[/quote]
It was starting to get a little played out, but yeah, you'll notice that swapping that asshat in for Phil Gordon helped not one single bit.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

zod20

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 07:16:19 PM »
So none of you guys follow the big name poker players?

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 07:36:44 PM »
[quote name=\'zod20\' post=\'147298\' date=\'Mar 1 2007, 07:16 PM\']
So none of you guys follow the big name poker players?[/quote]
If you read the rest of the thread, you would see that some of us do, and some of us don't.  Still, if you're looking for a discussion all about big name poker players, then yes, you're probably in the wrong place.  Sure, it's on GSN so it technically qualifies, but most of us prefer to discuss the more traditional game shows.  I'm sure there are plenty of poker discussion forums.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 08:51:41 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'147299\' date=\'Mar 1 2007, 04:36 PM\']
[quote name=\'zod20\' post=\'147298\' date=\'Mar 1 2007, 07:16 PM\']
So none of you guys follow the big name poker players?[/quote]
If you read the rest of the thread, you would see that some of us do, and some of us don't.  Still, if you're looking for a discussion all about big name poker players, then yes, you're probably in the wrong place.  Sure, it's on GSN so it technically qualifies, but most of us prefer to discuss the more traditional game shows.  I'm sure there are plenty of poker discussion forums.
[/quote]
There, fixed that for you. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe