Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sound effects heard "elsewhere"  (Read 8385 times)

ChuckNet

Sound effects heard "elsewhere"
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2007, 08:38:05 PM »
The FF answer reveal bell can be heard occasionally on America's Funniest Home Videos, among the other SFX they use in their vids.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2007, 08:51:20 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' post=\'144129\' date=\'Jan 21 2007, 08:38 PM\']
The FF answer reveal bell can be heard occasionally on America's Funniest Home Videos, among the other SFX they use in their vids.
[/quote]
In "Airplane II", the scene where passengers walk under a metal detector uses Feud SFX, mainly the strike buzz and lockout buzzer.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLW

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2007, 10:12:25 PM »
The radio station's trivia contests here always use the Match Game 7x "ding" noise for correct answers.

Waiter_On_The_Run

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2007, 11:32:19 PM »
I've heard TPIR "losing horns" on the Adam Carolla Radio Show.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2007, 12:50:42 AM »
I use GS FX in lieu of various Windows sounds.

If that wasn't nerdy enough, I created a soundboard through Powerpoint which borrowed various GS and non-GS sounds because I had nothing better to do on Christmas vacation and because members of my schools gaming club desired wacky sounds.
This signature is currently under construction.

jalman

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2007, 07:05:33 AM »
CBS' NFL Today used the Feud answer reveal cue when the commentators made predictions on that day's games.

sshuffield70

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2007, 08:38:40 AM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'144157\' date=\'Jan 22 2007, 12:50 AM\']
I use GS FX in lieu of various Windows sounds.

If that wasn't nerdy enough, I created a soundboard through Powerpoint which borrowed various GS and non-GS sounds because I had nothing better to do on Christmas vacation and because members of my schools gaming club desired wacky sounds.
[/quote]

That reminds me to get the GS sounds back in my computer and into my audio software.  Thanks! :)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2007, 09:10:45 AM »
If you consider theme music to be part of the sound effects, I remember being home sick from school one day in the mid'-70s, and watching the ABC Afternoon Playbreak - or whatever they called it.  It was a monthly 90-minute special that usually aired from 1:30-3 p.m.

Anyway, they had a story one time about a woman who appeared on a game show, and they actually played the about 20 seconds of The Hollywood Squares theme as the theme from that show.  I was quite surprised...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 09:11:04 AM by Ian Wallis »
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

uncamark

« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'144172\' date=\'Jan 22 2007, 08:10 AM\']
If you consider theme music to be part of the sound effects, I remember being home sick from school one day in the mid'-70s, and watching the ABC Afternoon Playbreak - or whatever they called it.  It was a monthly 90-minute special that usually aired from 1:30-3 p.m.

Anyway, they had a story one time about a woman who appeared on a game show, and they actually played the about 20 seconds of The Hollywood Squares theme as the theme from that show.  I was quite surprised...
[/quote]

If William Loose was credited with the score--and if there was a credit to "Newman-Tillar Associates" in the credits (I believe it was the production house he worked for), it wouldn't be all that surprising.

1GSFAN

« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2007, 05:33:25 PM »
On the Weekanders, The theme song had the TPIR bells.

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2007, 08:09:44 PM »
On Glenn Beck's radio show, during Moron Trivia, he uses the famous CBS game show ding,  the "Family Feud" strike sound and the time's up doot-doot-doot from "Jeopardy!"

DYosua

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2007, 09:01:10 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'144238\' date=\'Jan 22 2007, 08:09 PM\']
On Glenn Beck's radio show, during Moron Trivia, he uses the famous CBS game show ding,  the "Family Feud" strike sound and the time's up doot-doot-doot from "Jeopardy!"
[/quote]He does use the last two, but the "correct" sound is more like a generic clang.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2007, 11:08:40 PM »
For ye Strong Bad Email fans...the email "invisibility" uses the strike buzzer from Feud. Strong Bad accompanies it with "Survey says, you're an idiot."
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TheGameShowGuy

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2007, 08:03:12 AM »
Don't know why....
But at Six flags New Jersey, the simulator ride (Dino Island, Superstition) has a seat belt lock that sounds like the opening of the drop zone on "Russian Roulette". Probably not actually a sound effect but the actual mechanics of locking the seat belts on the ride (and possibly the mechanical sound on RR too.)

RJSchex

« Reply #29 on: February 01, 2007, 10:22:31 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'144178\' date=\'Jan 22 2007, 09:16 AM\']
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'144172\' date=\'Jan 22 2007, 08:10 AM\']

[/quote]

If William Loose was credited with the score--and if there was a credit to "Newman-Tillar Associates" in the credits (I believe it was the production house he worked for), it wouldn't be all that surprising.
[/quote]

The name of that ABC Afternoon Playbreak special was The Girl Who Couldn't Lose; it starred Julie Kavner (then of Rhoda) and Jack Carter.  The fake game show she was on was called Lucky 13.