Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "The little things" you miss on shows  (Read 10828 times)

Jeremy Nelson

Re: "The little things" you miss on shows
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2022, 06:33:03 PM »
This is a little thing, but the "snap reveal" is a thing of the past. No prolonged suspense, just a half-second delay, and quickly turn it. Think about Card Sharks. Jim Perry revealing the money cards was masterful, particularly when there was a card change, it was all in the wrist. In the revival, using a card device that looks like it was modded from a failed Guess Who pilot, the reveal was always a slow turn after a delay that spanned three camera shots.
My first exposure to Perry Card Sharks was GSN showing mid-run reruns, after the kinks had been worked out. Later, when they circled back to 1978 when Jim was turning cards more slowly and deliberately, it felt like the cadence was completely off.

I think reveals in general are often overlooked.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Neumms

« Reply #46 on: October 27, 2022, 02:03:55 PM »
Bring back the original open to Trebek Jeopardy! with the audience hush and the 60s think music.

Granted, the opening theme became dated, but all the “updates” since have been dated in a different way. They’re almost elevator music. It doesn’t need to be as over the top as NFL theme music, but bring in a good music company and make it modern. Even the intro music for Art Fleming’s contestants had more going for it than this piano business.

ET206

« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2022, 01:19:37 AM »
"Stay tuned for __________ next over most of these CBS stations!"
"From Television City in Hollywood!.."
Pat's spinning the wheel at the start of the game

Kevin Prather

« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2022, 08:57:19 PM »
Introducing Jeopardy ToC competitors by reminding us how much they won in regulation was a nice touch that I'm sorry isn't around anymore, especially now that some of those totals wind up in the millions.

BrandonFG

« Reply #49 on: November 10, 2022, 11:29:16 PM »
Watching LMAD on Buzzr and one thing I wish Brady’s version would do is play a musical stinger when a deal ends. Wayne simply telling me to stick around for more LMAD just doesn’t hit the same.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!