Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WNBC ranks Top 20 GS Hosts  (Read 3527 times)

mbc793

WNBC ranks Top 20 GS Hosts
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 01:32:06 PM »
I'm scratching my head at total confusion. Can I ask who came up with the idea of snubbing Bill Cullen and a few others?  I'm still baffled at #16, #14..puzzled as it seems.  If they came up with a top ten list of game show themes, what chances are there that a few reality shows make the list?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 03:43:43 PM by mbc793 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 02:06:59 PM »
That there were people here, where they should know better, putting any stock whatsoever in this list (when, again, it was all about the "funny" captions), was disappointing.

That there are STILL people putting any stock in this list after they've already been told this is absolutely goddamn incredible.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 02:37:47 PM »
To the author's credit, he did manage to include Dick Clark in his top ten, something that the GSN special -- which obviously had some amount of group thought put into it -- failed to do.

Beyond that, sure.  This is obviously a hastily-assembled throwaway bit probably put together by a sole thirtysomething without any real knowledge of the genre.  He included Anderson Cooper and Johnny Carson because he thought it made him look like a game show genius, and he included American Gladiators and Marc Summers because he remembered them from his childhood.  Beyond that, the baffling thing to me is that he had a yesteryear choice like Monty Hall all the way up to third.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 05:03:09 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'143967\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 02:37 PM\']
This is obviously a hastily-assembled throwaway bit probably put together by a sole thirtysomething without any real knowledge of the genre.[/quote]
I take your point and Chris's and agree with both of you.
This reminds me of a list a college-age young man drew up naming who, in his opinion, were the top ten TV newscasters who ever drew breath upon the eight planets and Pluto.
I believe this list was drafted in preparation for a class discussion in the School Of Journalism.
Said list was drawn up this past autumn and included Katie Couric, Wolf Blitzer and Sheppard Smith.
Nowhere on there appeared the names Edward R. Murrow, David Brinkley or Walter Cronkite.
Many of the inclusions and omissions were indeed perplexing.

BrandonFG

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 05:22:47 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'143979\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 05:03 PM\']
This reminds me of a list a college-age young man drew up naming who, in his opinion, were the top ten TV newscasters who ever drew breath upon the eight planets and Pluto.
I believe this list was drafted in preparation for a class discussion in the School Of Journalism.
Said list was drawn up this past autumn and included Katie Couric,
[/quote]
Stopped reading right there. Okay, so maybe I kept reading...

Nowhere on there appeared the names Edward R. Murrow
Wonder if he's ever even heard of him, esp. since there's a prestigious journalism award named after him.

ObGameShow: Art Fleming was a news anchor at one point.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tpirfan28

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 05:34:38 PM »
Just as long as the list didn't look like this...

1) John Stewart
2) Stephen Colbert
3) Katie Couric
4) Bill O'Reilly
5) Shepard Smith
6) Wolf Blitzer
7) Ann Curry
8) Anderson Cooper
9) Sean Hannity
10) Alan Colmes

ObGS: Anderson Cooper hosted "The Mole", as the writer commented on.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 07:52:11 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'143986\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 02:34 PM\']
Just as long as the list didn't look like this...
1) John Stewart
[/quote]
I'm not sure that a lot of people wouldn't agree with that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rialtus

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 09:38:46 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'143999\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 07:52 PM\'][quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'143986\' date=\'Jan 20 2007, 02:34 PM\']Just as long as the list didn't look like this...
1) John Stewart[/quote]I'm not sure that a lot of people wouldn't agree with that.[/quote]I hate when my fandoms collide. I was just about to write something scathing, defending John Stewart's right to be a Green Lantern, then realized I was on GSF.

/since we're already on a tangent